All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE.. 3 ingredients YUM!
      #343250 - 03/14/09 05:04 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

So I made the chocolate cake like this and its to die for so I tried something new today and OMG! Its AWESOME AND just 3 ingredients

Chocolate Chip Cake
1 can of PURE PUMPKIN Not spiced etc PURE PUMPKIN I use Libbys
1 box Duncan Hines Vanilla Cake mix ( im sure yellow cake, or white cake would work fine too)
And CHips of your choice I didnt really measure I jsut addded some to the mix

Mix the pumpkin and Cake mix with beaters until smooth
then fold in your chips. I used Ghiradelli Semi Sweet however use the chips you know are safe with you. The Giradelli for me have been fine for me in moderation I have Never had a issue with them and there is NO DAIRY in them.

Bake it according to the box till knife come out clean ( it will be super moist)

Thats it! Reminds me of a Delicious Cake like chocolate chip cookie. My husband thinks its AWESOME TOO!
Pumpkin thanks to Emma's original Chocolate cake recipe ( was just pumpkin and Chocolate cake mix) has become my friend now I'm experimenting & LOVE IT!

ENJOY!

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE.. 3 ingredients YUM! new
      #343254 - 03/14/09 05:40 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Thanks for sharing... I bought a spice cake mix yesterday and want to try it with the pumpkin.... Remind me again, what size can and is it just pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling???

Thanks for the info!!!!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343255 - 03/14/09 05:47 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I have a spice cake in the cabinet too that I thought it would be great with.. Its the 100% pure 15 oz can.. I use Libby's brand. Also if you haven't tried the chocolate cake I used the Duncan Hines devils food and WOW its awesome. I notice that the next day after it has sat it gets even richer

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Choclate Frosting! AWESOME!!! new
      #343292 - 03/15/09 06:28 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

ya I posted this before! It just awesome I made this today and put a choclate frosting on it (ibs safe) and it was awesome!! It was one of the best things I have ate in a long time. Choclate cake with choclate frosting with sprinkles man it was good!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Edited by emmasmom (03/15/09 06:55 PM)

#343352 - 03/17/09 06:39 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Oh this is so good! I tried it last night. I made the Betty Crocker vanilla cake with the pumpkin and added Reese's Peanut Butter chips,(I can handle them) Oh my goodness! I could have eaten all of them! My parents don't usually eat my IBS friendly foods, they say it tastes funny. My dad ate two cupcakes and my mom ate half of one (she doesn't like sweets very much). SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOODDDDD. Thank you!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#343354 - 03/17/09 07:14 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I want to make these for my daughter nad my dh. What kind of frosting did you use for the tops? and how much chips? I made the choclate with choclate icing and sprinkles and I could eat the whole pan! I haven't had choclate cake with icing forever and its so good!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Edited by emmasmom (03/17/09 07:14 AM)

#343358 - 03/17/09 07:53 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I actually didn't use any icing. They are so moist just plain. And I can't find IBS friendly pre-packaged foods such as icing here. I wish I could. As for the chips, i just poured them in until I thought there were plenty in it. HTH

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Choclate Frosting! AWESOME!!! new
      #343413 - 03/18/09 01:48 PM
als2111

Reged: 03/30/08

How do you make your chocolate frosting??

What size can of pumpkin? -nt- new
      #343420 - 03/18/09 05:33 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: What size can of pumpkin? -nt- new
      #343421 - 03/18/09 05:37 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

Its the 100% pure 15 oz can of pumpkin.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11524

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review