All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
name brand safe food questions
      #336898 - 10/10/08 06:44 PM
babyfacekilla

Reged: 10/10/08
Loc: Nashville, TN

Hi I am a new member but thats beside the point my question is for heather or anybody that would know I was reading the name brand safe foods and i noticed its hard finding a lot of the brands named in any food store..does anybody know where i could find things like the tofutti soy cheese slices and where i could find things like soy cream cheese some place like wild oats or health food stores? Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: name brand safe food questions new
      #336905 - 10/11/08 07:18 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

If you have a krogers they carry the cream cheese and if you have a whole foods for the cheese slices or check your hfs they may order the stuff for you mind does. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#336937 - 10/12/08 06:51 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

Publix carries the cream cheese. Your local Health food store should carry both or an similar option.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

At regular grocery stores... new
      #336965 - 10/13/08 04:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

look for a variety of soy cheese brands in the produce section, by the bean sprouts and tofu. They don't usually stock them anywhere near the regular dairy cheese. Ask someone in the produce department for help - I swear they actually hide this stuff sometimes.

Around here, QFC, Safeway, and Top Foods all have soy cheese in a bunch of varieties.

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#337066 - 10/16/08 01:07 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

?? I have publix but I haven't seen safe cream cheese. Where ?? Also I use the Tofutti almond bark Ice cream and there Cuties bars OMG I never thought Tofu would be so tasty.. I have Missed Ice cream so much and I thought it was creamy and wonderful for Dairy free My kids even thought it was good It says on the container that Tofutti brand carries Sour cream, Cream cheese, Cheese etc. but I haven't seen those? anyone know where??

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review