All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Looking for REALLY CHEAP safe recipies. new
      #335905 - 09/10/08 05:57 PM
jonoma

Reged: 01/28/08
Loc: Michigan

I second the breakfast for dinner idea. We've started doing that regularly. The Restaurant Style Buttermilk Pancakes are VERY good. I usually buy a carton of soy milk, double the recipe (about 50 pancakes) and freeze whatever we don't eat in a freezer bag. They're easy to microwave for a quick breakfast later.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Turkey chili new
      #335923 - 09/11/08 07:57 AM
em76

Reged: 05/10/08
Loc: Massachusetts

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
2 1/2 pounds ground turkey (85 percent lean) or ground turkey breast (99 percent lean), 2 packages
4 tablespoons dark chili powder, 2 palm fulls
2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend, any brand, 1 palm full
1 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 palm full
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce, medium to extra-spicy
1 large onion, quartered
2 large peppers, any color combination, red, green, purple, yellow or orange, chopped
1/2 bottle beer (the alcohol cooks out), about 1 cup
1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
2 cups corn kernels, optional (I do not add, my husband adds it to his plate only)

Heat a pot over medium to medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, and the turkey meat. Season the meat with: chili powder, grill seasoning, cumin, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon into small crumbles.
Chop the onion, reserving 1/4 of it for topping the chili. Brown meat 5 minutes, then add onions and chopped bell peppers and cook 10 minutes more. Add beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol. Add tomato sauce and barbecue sauce and bring to a bubble. It using corn kernels add them now. Let chili simmer 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings and heat level to your taste. Remove from heat and serve.

Enjoy! It is a Rachael Ray Recipe, and it makes a boatload of chili!

I usually mix in some rice on my plate (to use less meat and get more SF) and serve w/ Heathers cornbread; or serve over mash potototes, or mix w/ rice and put in a sour dough bread bowl.

Leftovers are in abundance w/ the recipe, so we will use the chili and put it on french bread for some sloppy joes, over baked potatoes, mixed w/ some pasta, or in quesadilla w/ a little soy cheese. And it reheats really well, and freezes really well.

--------------------
Started EFI 6/13/2008: IBS-D

#335937 - 09/11/08 02:33 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thank you!! It sounds really good, I cant wait to try it!!!

Turkey chili - has anyone tried this ?? new
      #368396 - 11/02/12 07:48 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Has anyone eaten this Turkey Chili recipe without any troubles?
Been looking for friendly ground turkey recipes, but his doesn't look ibs friendly at all.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#369989 - 08/15/13 01:19 PM
gloglo

Reged: 07/06/12

could the beer be left out
It sounds delicious and we really like chili and I was so sad when I thought I couldn't use the recipe I had.
gloglo79

Sure - sub a fat free broth or even water. -nt- new
      #369990 - 08/15/13 06:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Turkey chili - has anyone tried this ?? new
      #370123 - 09/03/13 12:30 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Really late to this but there's an old chili thread for anyone who's interested:

Chili Recipes

There are also turkey burgers, turkey spaghetti sauce, and turkey meatloaf recipes on the Diet Board. However, my very favorite ground turkey recipe is this:

Maid-Rites

They are incredibly simple and insanely good.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review