All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake
      #324018 - 02/05/08 09:14 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

My daughters 5th birthday party is this Saturday. She said she wanted a carrot cake so I'm gonna make this one.

My questions are.... I would like to make this into a 9x13 in cake. Does anyone have any idea how long it would cook? Any suggestions or comments on how it turned out when you made it in a different pan. The sweet orange icing sounds wonderful and I would love to use it but is says it gets hard upon sitting. I want to have everything all ready when the kids come. Any other options on frosting/icing?

Tall order huh. Thanks for any help.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Don't know about the pan size, but for the icing new
      #324022 - 02/05/08 09:46 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

you want it to get hard. You have to drizzle it over the cake as soon as you've made the icing, then it will harden into the glaze in a few minutes. Not a super hard icing, it just sets up so it isn't runny. So, no worries about making this ahead of time.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake new
      #324023 - 02/05/08 10:07 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I don't know about the pan size/cooking time either.... but you can see pics of the one that I made for Easter a few years ago... I LOVE THIS cake!! web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#324026 - 02/05/08 10:31 AM
MelanieR

Heather- Oh good, then I will make the icing if it is supposed to be hard. I must have misunderstood.

Shell- I did a search before I asked on the message board and saw your thread. It is a lovely cake.

--------------------

#324030 - 02/05/08 11:23 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I haven't made this cake personally, but I checked several similar cake recipes & they were about the same, anywhere from 30-45 mins. I would say start with 30 mins & check every 5 mins until done. HTH!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#324079 - 02/05/08 04:42 PM
MelanieR

Thanks. I check often.

--------------------

Pineapple? new
      #324131 - 02/06/08 07:18 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I didn'think we could have pineapple. Or is ther engouh sf in this cake cause it doesn't always agree with me.. just wondering thanks
emmasmom ibs-c

Re: Pineapple? new
      #324212 - 02/06/08 02:24 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Pineapple is a well tolerated fruit. I have mine with a banana for SF but I have had it alone too. I used to eat one a week. It actually is good for digestion. (I eat fresh)

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Pineapple? new
      #324223 - 02/06/08 04:07 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Hi Tamara!!

I'm with you.... fresh, yummy, and well tolerated for me as long as I've got some SF with it. I also do fine with crush or rings if canned, but NOT chunks.... I think the edges are different (harder?) and then don't breakdown as well and WARNING TMI COMING HERE almost look the same shape coming out as going down!

Quote:

Pineapple is a well tolerated fruit. I have mine with a banana for SF but I have had it alone too. I used to eat one a week. It actually is good for digestion. (I eat fresh)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#324829 - 02/15/08 03:59 PM
MelanieR

The party went well and everyone LOVED this cake. It is really so good. I ended up just making it per the directions. Thanks, it is so good.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6441

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review