All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Which pumpkin Pie? sweet potato/mashed
      #28373 - 11/22/03 07:22 AM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

In Heather's book there is a recipe for a pumpkin pie that calls for tofu and then i saw the 5 minute one that does not. Which one is better? Also has anyone tried the sweet potato pecan pie in the book? Too many desserts i have to narrow down which is hard b/c it's my favorite part of the meal!!
Also I was wondering if anyone has a sweet potato recipe, you know like the ones people melt marshmellows on also a mashed potato recipe. I'm doing Thanksgiving for the first time and my husband and I never cook so we're trying to get recipes!
Thanks!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Same question -nt- new
      #28382 - 11/22/03 08:23 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

My favorite... new
      #28408 - 11/22/03 02:31 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

is the double decker sweet potato pecan pie. It's just really decadent so a perfect Thanksgiving dessert. My husband and I fight over the leftovers. For plain pumpkin pie I like the 5-minute version better than the tofu one - let it blend for a few minutes and it will be super creamy. So easy, and foolproof if you're new to baking.

I don't usually use marshmallows with candied sweet potatoes, but I'd guess you could take the recipe here web page and once the potatoes are cooked through, simply top with a scattering of mini marshmallows and broil (watch carefully!) until they melt and are golden.

Good luck!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Orange-Scented Sweet Potatoes new
      #28421 - 11/22/03 03:59 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Another option could be TessLouise's Orange-Scented Sweet Potatoes . I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really yummy! And, to top it off, it looks like they travel well if you're bringing them to someone else's house!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 347 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2727

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review