All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Chai Tea Meltdown
      #27265 - 11/15/03 09:42 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

This an addiction for me -- winter or summer.

Ingredients:
- 1 Stash Chai Spice tea bag
- 8 oz of water
- 1/4 c Silk Soy Milk - vanilla
- 2 tbs Silk Soy Creamer - plain
- 2 to 3 tsp sugar (i use sugar in the raw - natural cane)

Instructions:
1. Combine water and tea bag in large mug. Heat in the microwave for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until boiling. Wait 30 seconds to remove from microwave -- hot liquids that are microwaved can be volatile.
2. Mix in sugar.
3. Stir in soy milk and soy creamer.
4. Enjoy by itself or with a slice of your favorite toasted breakfast bread on a cold winter's morn. If you live in Texas, any temperature below 60 degrees F qualifies as cold.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chai Tea Meltdown new
      #27289 - 11/16/03 10:51 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I love it too! i use the tea bags, or mixes that are milk free, or best get my favorite coffee shop to make it-they make it nondairy!!! Great stuff!!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#27292 - 11/16/03 11:27 AM
Shanna

COOL! Stash is the best. Their green chai is also great, as in the green and white fusion. My other fave tea is by Choice -- it is organic-- the peppermint one. It is so strong that if you smell the box you can smell the mint through the plastic wrap -- so much so your nose will run!!

--------------------

#27338 - 11/16/03 03:44 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have you ever tried Tazo ( www.tazo.com )? That's my latest favorite Chai brand. I have mine with vanilla soy milk & Sugar in the Raw too!

#27358 - 11/16/03 06:53 PM
Shanna

lol -- sounds awesome! i love tazo -- all of their mint teas are amazing. i will have to try the chai -- thanx for the tip! btw, the soy creamer really is awesome!

--------------------

#27376 - 11/17/03 03:42 AM
*Melissa*

You know, I've seen the soy creamer at Whole Foods, but I always thought it was too high fat, so that's why I've never tried it. But, since you've never had a problem with it, I'll have to check it out now!

I use the tazo decaf chai, because caffeine is a trigger for me. As for mint teas - I've started using Heather's Tummy Teas, and I'm afraid there's just no going back now! LOL Her peppermint is really addicting. I make it by the pot, and I made the mistake of letting my fiance try some. It's gotten to the point where we fight for the last cup now! LOL

#27480 - 11/17/03 11:23 AM
Shanna

haha! same with my b/f. he is addicted to my teas now... so i must provide for us both. we have been dating 2 1/2 years... He went to school in N.J. Did you go to college in NJ?

I will definitely order some of Heather's tea.

The soy creamer is low-fat -- 20 cal and 3 g fat per 2 T -- and that 1/8 c goes a LONG way, trust me. Plus, I don't use it alone -- it is very strong, so I balance it out w/ vanilla soy milk. It is amazing...tastes like full fat CREAM.

I miss the cream days sometimes, though...

--------------------

#27552 - 11/17/03 05:55 PM
*Melissa*

Yah, I miss the cream sometimes too. I didn't have it that often, but it was good to be able to if I wanted to. I can't wait to try this silk creamer. I'm also going to try the egg nog version of silk soy milk too. I hope the fat's okay in that one. I was just starting the diet last year when I saw it and didn't want to take any chances.

2 1/2 years, huh? Sounds serious! I went to business school instead of college, so it couldn't have been the same school he went to! LOL

Silk Soy Nog!! new
      #27558 - 11/17/03 06:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

OMG - is that back in stores? I just checked last week and couldn't find it. Mags, you will love this stuff. I wish they carried it all year 'round.

Try microwaving a cup of it until hot, then sprinkling on some freshly grated nutmeg. Heaven in a mug, I tell ya!

I'd like to play around with freezing the stuff into an ice cream, to top a pecan or mincemeat pie. It's also incredible for making french toast (more fresh nutmeg here). And if I could just inject it straight into my veins I probably would - it is seriously that fabulous.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Silk Soy Nog!! new
      #27562 - 11/17/03 06:25 PM
*Melissa*

LOL - thanks for the great review!

I haven't seen it yet. I just remember seeing it last year and knew it had to be coming out soon since I saw regular egg nog in the stores the other day.

Speaking of French toast - we tried the banana bread French toast yesterday morning for the first time. I finally had enough banana bread left on a weekend morning to try it! LOL O-M-G!!! It was to die for!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15789

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review