All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Chai Tea Meltdown
      #27265 - 11/15/03 09:42 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

This an addiction for me -- winter or summer.

Ingredients:
- 1 Stash Chai Spice tea bag
- 8 oz of water
- 1/4 c Silk Soy Milk - vanilla
- 2 tbs Silk Soy Creamer - plain
- 2 to 3 tsp sugar (i use sugar in the raw - natural cane)

Instructions:
1. Combine water and tea bag in large mug. Heat in the microwave for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes or until boiling. Wait 30 seconds to remove from microwave -- hot liquids that are microwaved can be volatile.
2. Mix in sugar.
3. Stir in soy milk and soy creamer.
4. Enjoy by itself or with a slice of your favorite toasted breakfast bread on a cold winter's morn. If you live in Texas, any temperature below 60 degrees F qualifies as cold.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chai Tea Meltdown new
      #27289 - 11/16/03 10:51 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I love it too! i use the tea bags, or mixes that are milk free, or best get my favorite coffee shop to make it-they make it nondairy!!! Great stuff!!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#27292 - 11/16/03 11:27 AM
Shanna

COOL! Stash is the best. Their green chai is also great, as in the green and white fusion. My other fave tea is by Choice -- it is organic-- the peppermint one. It is so strong that if you smell the box you can smell the mint through the plastic wrap -- so much so your nose will run!!

--------------------

#27338 - 11/16/03 03:44 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have you ever tried Tazo ( www.tazo.com )? That's my latest favorite Chai brand. I have mine with vanilla soy milk & Sugar in the Raw too!

#27358 - 11/16/03 06:53 PM
Shanna

lol -- sounds awesome! i love tazo -- all of their mint teas are amazing. i will have to try the chai -- thanx for the tip! btw, the soy creamer really is awesome!

--------------------

#27376 - 11/17/03 03:42 AM
*Melissa*

You know, I've seen the soy creamer at Whole Foods, but I always thought it was too high fat, so that's why I've never tried it. But, since you've never had a problem with it, I'll have to check it out now!

I use the tazo decaf chai, because caffeine is a trigger for me. As for mint teas - I've started using Heather's Tummy Teas, and I'm afraid there's just no going back now! LOL Her peppermint is really addicting. I make it by the pot, and I made the mistake of letting my fiance try some. It's gotten to the point where we fight for the last cup now! LOL

#27480 - 11/17/03 11:23 AM
Shanna

haha! same with my b/f. he is addicted to my teas now... so i must provide for us both. we have been dating 2 1/2 years... He went to school in N.J. Did you go to college in NJ?

I will definitely order some of Heather's tea.

The soy creamer is low-fat -- 20 cal and 3 g fat per 2 T -- and that 1/8 c goes a LONG way, trust me. Plus, I don't use it alone -- it is very strong, so I balance it out w/ vanilla soy milk. It is amazing...tastes like full fat CREAM.

I miss the cream days sometimes, though...

--------------------

#27552 - 11/17/03 05:55 PM
*Melissa*

Yah, I miss the cream sometimes too. I didn't have it that often, but it was good to be able to if I wanted to. I can't wait to try this silk creamer. I'm also going to try the egg nog version of silk soy milk too. I hope the fat's okay in that one. I was just starting the diet last year when I saw it and didn't want to take any chances.

2 1/2 years, huh? Sounds serious! I went to business school instead of college, so it couldn't have been the same school he went to! LOL

Silk Soy Nog!! new
      #27558 - 11/17/03 06:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

OMG - is that back in stores? I just checked last week and couldn't find it. Mags, you will love this stuff. I wish they carried it all year 'round.

Try microwaving a cup of it until hot, then sprinkling on some freshly grated nutmeg. Heaven in a mug, I tell ya!

I'd like to play around with freezing the stuff into an ice cream, to top a pecan or mincemeat pie. It's also incredible for making french toast (more fresh nutmeg here). And if I could just inject it straight into my veins I probably would - it is seriously that fabulous.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Silk Soy Nog!! new
      #27562 - 11/17/03 06:25 PM
*Melissa*

LOL - thanks for the great review!

I haven't seen it yet. I just remember seeing it last year and knew it had to be coming out soon since I saw regular egg nog in the stores the other day.

Speaking of French toast - we tried the banana bread French toast yesterday morning for the first time. I finally had enough banana bread left on a weekend morning to try it! LOL O-M-G!!! It was to die for!!

mags new
      #27568 - 11/17/03 06:50 PM
maryh

The Silk Soy Nog sold out here: boo hoo!! I'm buying 4 next time!!!! Maryh

--------------------

Re: mags new
      #27572 - 11/17/03 07:00 PM
*Melissa*

LOL - I think you girls need to go post under I am completely, utterly addicted to:

Silk soy nog new
      #27574 - 11/17/03 07:02 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Where do they sell this Silk soy nog?? I've never seen it around here, and I'd love to try it. It sounds amazing!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re:Silk Soy Mags new
      #27575 - 11/17/03 07:03 PM
maryh

It doesn't have any more fat than silk milk I think! It's fabulous!!! Maryh

--------------------

#27576 - 11/17/03 07:09 PM
*Melissa*

Look at that - says right there on the package Low Fat! Silk Soy Nog Now, I'm going to be searching for it. And knowing my luck, now that I'm looking, I won't be able to find it! LOL

Kree - I found it last year at a little local store near my house, but I think they would also have it at Whole Foods.

#27579 - 11/17/03 07:20 PM
Kree

Thanks, Mags. I'll keep my eyes open! I don't know what Whole Foods is... I don't think we have one of those near me. But our local supermarket, Wegmans, has a really great selection of soy products so I'll definitely look there!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#27587 - 11/17/03 08:10 PM
Shanna

I LOVE THE SILK NOG! I am so excited to be able to drink egg nog again. It is super easy to digest... I drink it with a little nugmeg on top. Ahhh, it feels like the holidays again...

Yeah, it is "serious." However, I doubt I will see a ring anytime soon, lol.

--------------------

Re: Silk Soy Nog!! new
      #27589 - 11/17/03 08:13 PM
Shanna

Heather, you are sooo full of great ideas!!! You are straight up amazing!

--------------------

Silk nog new
      #27830 - 11/19/03 09:59 AM
Kree

I'm so excited, I found the Silk Nog at the grocery store last night. I can't wait to try it!

--------------------

Re: Kree new
      #27833 - 11/19/03 10:01 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

What store did you find it in? Tops, Wegmans or another? I don't live too close to Wegmans so I have friends who are keeping an eye out for it there and I just have to keep checking Tops.

#27897 - 11/19/03 11:49 AM
Kree

I found it in Wegmans! I didn't think they had it, because it wasn't in with all the other Silk products, but eventually I found it in a special refrigerated display right by the dairy section (which I thought was very ironic)!

--------------------

Note for people looking for Silk soy nog! new
      #27898 - 11/19/03 11:57 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've never seen in it in the aseptic boxes they store at room temperature. I've just found it in the refrigerated boxes they keep right by the dairy section. And I've only seen it in the smaller carton size, not the really big one. The carton is green.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#27908 - 11/19/03 03:05 PM
torbetta

Wegmans is awesome. They carry almost everything. I guess I will have to drive the 40 min. I always spend more because they have the kids area. I shop by myself and I don't have to rush.

#27941 - 11/19/03 05:59 PM
Kree

I'm just curious, where in NY are you from, Torbetta? I don't recognize the name of your town.

I love Wegman's Nature's Marketplace! Every time I go there I end up spending a ton of time just browsing through all the soy products, organic things, teas, etc.

--------------------

#27943 - 11/19/03 06:03 PM
torbetta

I live about an hour west of you. Buffalo and Niagara Falls are closer to me. Lake Ontario is just down the road from us.

I love their nature's market too. I keep thinking about contact them and asking them to build a store in Lockport. That would be so much closer.

#27951 - 11/19/03 07:16 PM
Shanna

Hehe. We have quite a few similiar stores like that in Austin... I can wonder around them for hours. Plus, there always free samples (safe! ) around every corner...

I don't have a lot of clothes or nice stuff, but I eat better than any college student I know, and sure have a blast shopping for groceries! lol

--------------------

#27961 - 11/19/03 08:27 PM
Kree

Neat! Are you close to Wilson? I had an ex who was living with his grandmother there (he was from Australia ).

I'm surprised there isn't a Wegmans in Lockport! You should write to them!

--------------------

#27963 - 11/19/03 08:31 PM
Kree

Quote:

I don't have a lot of clothes or nice stuff, but I eat better than any college student I know, and sure have a blast shopping for groceries! lol

Hey, it's all about priorities, right??

--------------------

#27979 - 11/19/03 09:43 PM
Shanna

heh heh. you have no idea how true it is...

at least i have my priorities straight!

speaking of priorities, i am glad you prioritized and found that silk nog!

--------------------

#27998 - 11/20/03 06:45 AM
Kree

Yes!! I had it last night and it was fabulous! I wish they had it all year!

--------------------

#28043 - 11/20/03 09:29 AM
torbetta

Yes, Wilson is just down the road, kind of. It is the next town west of us.

I emailed Wegmans so we shall see. My hubby is on his way up to Williamsville for something. He said he would check Wegmans for the silk nog for me. Isn't he sweet?

#28116 - 11/20/03 05:58 PM
Shanna

Have you ever been to Austin, TX? I see Silk Nog everywhere I go... I really hope that the health food industry keeps expanding!!!!!! I am sorry it's hard for you guys to find the alternatives you need.

--------------------

#28137 - 11/20/03 08:32 PM
Kree

So we're really not that far away from each other! How fun!

That's so sweet of your hubby! He sounds like a keeper. Does he have any single brothers??

--------------------

#28139 - 11/20/03 08:36 PM
Kree

Shanna, you are lucky! It sounds like Austin is a great place to live when you have IBS! Yes, Western NY is a little bit behind on those things, but I've certainly been able to find enough to get by. That Whole Food store you have down there sounds great, though! I wish we had one around here! I checked their website, and the closest one is in NYC, over 6 hours away.

Torbetta, have you ever been to Lori's Natural Foods in Henrietta? If not, you should go there sometime if you're ever in the Rochester area. It's even more fun to explore than the Wegmans Nature's Marketplace!

--------------------

#28189 - 11/21/03 09:18 AM
torbetta

He does have a single brother, but... he is 33, a pastor and seems to have a fear of commiment to anything other than God. He is a nice guy but it may be a miricle if he ever marries.

BTW I love the silk nog. He bought me 3 cartons of it.

#28190 - 11/21/03 09:21 AM
torbetta

I have never heard of Lori's. I am usually up your way to visit my little bro. He lives in Gates. I should ask my sil if she knows about it. You ever watch your ABC news in the morning? My sil is the new morning news producer.

#28387 - 11/22/03 09:16 AM
Kree

Lol, thanks, I think I'll pass on his brother then. I've dated enough guys with a fear of committment!

I'm so glad you like the Silk nog, too! I've been having some every night!

You should definitely ask your bro about Lori's. It's such a fun place!

No, I always watch NBC in the mornings, but now that I know about your SIL I'll have to check out ABC next time I tune in! How exciting for her, that sounds like a great job!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 304 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15795

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review