All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anything else to DRINK!!! Sooo sick of just teas & rice milk. Can't do Fructose/Citric -nt-
      #26501 - 11/11/03 09:38 AM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anything else to DRINK!!! Sooo sick of just teas & rice milk. Can't do Fructose/Citric -nt- new
      #26521 - 11/11/03 10:15 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Well, there's always water! LOL Just kidding.

Have you tried making iced herbal tea? I've done that and mixed them up even. I haven't done it since summer, and can't remember what flavors I used though. I think I liked Apple Cranberry Zinger by Celestial with some regular decaf tea, and also Country Peach with regular decaf too.

Play around with all the different flavors and have fun!

Re: drinks new
      #26565 - 11/11/03 11:30 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

If you feel up to making a drink with a bit of work involved (not lots, just more than brewing a cup of tea) try the Mexican Horchata in Eating for IBS. It's an almond drink with cinnamon and lime zest (no juice), and it's really delicious.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

TKS GALS: Found the Horchata-Sounds GOOD! Mags....Water...HaHa!-nt- new
      #26576 - 11/11/03 01:37 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Re: Anything else to DRINK!!! Sooo sick of just teas & rice milk. Can't do Fructose/Citric -nt- new
      #27768 - 11/18/03 06:34 PM
paininthebumper

Reged: 11/06/03

I have a suggestion, although you may need to do some leg work to locate the product. Pacific foods makes an Oat milk (a wonderful option for those of us who don't do soy) it is creamy and rich and absolutely delicious. My 7 year old (also showing ibs symptoms, arg) just loves it. We rotate it with rice milk for a change of pace. Perhaps the Pacific site can help you locate this product in your area: www.pacificfoods.com. The site is under construction and so offers only e-mail links and phone numbers. We have only one grocery in our area that sells it but any store that carries their products can order it for you and you usually get a deal by the case! Best luck, Diane

Ohhh, I just remembered - Amazake drinks are terrific! -nt- new
      #27788 - 11/18/03 09:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 323 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2312

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review