All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
brown sugar banana bread....(dark brown sugar)
      #26276 - 11/10/03 09:17 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I made the banana bread this weekend and it didn't turn out to good. The only thing that was different was I did dark brown sugar instead of golden brown sugar.( I only had the dark, I usually us golden) Does that make a difference? I've made it 3 other times and it was great...this time it was really dry!!! Makes me so mad!!! I was really looking forward to some great bread.

One more question do the banana peels only have to be black or does the actual banana need to be black? I hade my bananas in my fridge for a week and a half. I wonder if they werent ready!!

Thanks!
Steph

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: brown sugar banana bread....(dark brown sugar) new
      #26352 - 11/10/03 12:08 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Hmm...I have only ever used the dark brown sugar and have had no problems. It sounds like because you had your bananas in the fridge that the sugars in them didn't get to make them soft enough and maybe that is why it was dry....just the peels need to be black, but by then, the banana is usually a brownish color because it is SO soft. Hope you have better luck next time.

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Yep, it was the bananas, not the sugar... new
      #26385 - 11/10/03 02:05 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I actually prefer dark brown sugar for most baked goods, including banana bread, because it gives a richer flavor. Bananas will turn black in the fridge but not be truly ripe. They have to turn black at room temp, and then you can keep them in the fridge to keep them fresh a bit longer.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1508

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review