All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chile garlic paste?
      #2613 - 03/12/03 12:55 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I am having trouble finding this. I have found and bought two kinds of chile garlic sauce at two differnt times. Don't ask why. They are both in my cupboard. Anyways, they both have MSG in them. I'm not sure what to do. I am so mad I didn't realize the MSG was in them until after I got them home.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chile garlic paste? new
      #2614 - 03/12/03 12:59 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I've found this at Asian markets and in the ethnic section of grocery stores. The only brand I've ever used (it's great) is Lee Kum Kee. I don't have a jar in the fridge right now so I can't check for MSG - don't know if it's in there...

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Chile garlic paste? - Heather new
      #2616 - 03/12/03 01:04 PM
torbetta

One of the chili garlic sauce is made by LeeKum Kee. If I am only using a little it should be ok right? I wanted to make the barbecued Vietnamese Calamari with Sweet and Tangy Dipping Sauce. Do you think the sauce would work?

#2618 - 03/12/03 01:17 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Oh yeah, this will work perfectly! It's exactly what I used - that dipping sauce is addictive! I'll tell you though, I later found out that you can buy the dipping sauce already made in Asian markets - big bottles of it. And it tastes just like homemade, same ingredients and everything. So now I just use that, which is why I don't have the chili garlic paste on hand anymore.

Let me know what you think of the sauce...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#2638 - 03/12/03 05:53 PM
torbetta

I made the sauce tonight and we liked it. My husband got home late and the sauce was in the fridge. He said it reminded him of pepper jelly. The girls loved the calamari but not the sauce, too spicy. I also made the cucumbers, they were pretty good. Thanks.

Re: Chile garlic paste? - Here's one... new
      #2865 - 03/15/03 08:17 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Heidi - I found Chili Garlic Sauce in the Asian section of my supermarket. It's made by Huy Fong Foods, Inc., Rosemead, Ca. Their website is: www.huyfong.com and their phone number is $626 286 8328. It does not have MSG in it.

I haven't tried it yet, tho.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3300

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review