Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question RE Lemon Rice Pudding and Canola Oil - UK Newbie
      #249117 - 02/28/06 10:55 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hi all

This is my first post on the boards, registered earlier today, so bear with me if I ask stupid questions! I've had IBS for about 18 months, but only just starting to attack with my diet (starting hypnotherapy in early May, hoping for success there as my life is non-existent, I'm pretty much homebound at the moment). I just have a couple of questions:

1) RE 'Wills Dreamy Lemon Rice Pudding', in the First Year book and on this site - Heather says she makes double and keeps it for snacks/breakfast for the rest of the week. I'm going to make some tomorrow, but just wondering how you should store it (airtight containers in the fridge?), and also, when you eat it a few days later do/can you warm it up, or eat it cold?

2) I live in the UK, so a lot of the stuff I've read on here is a little unfathomable (not too bad, as I spent lots of time in the US in my pre-IBS job/life, just little bits I don't understand), or I read about stuff I can't get here. Just wondering if there are any fellow Brits on here who can tell me where I can get some Canola Oil? I've tried a massive Asda, but no luck. At first I was told it was the same as rapeseed (vegetable), but I've now read it's a particular type of rapeseed and I need the specific Canola Oil.

Thankyou so much in advance for any help!
Blondie xx

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question RE Lemon Rice Pudding and Canola Oil - UK Newbie new
      #249124 - 02/28/06 11:17 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Welcome to the boards, Blondie! I have no clue about the canola oil, but I can offer some suggestions about the rice pudding. I do store it in an airtight container and it keeps pretty well. It separates a little but once you stir it up it's great. I like rice pudding both warm or cold, so it totally depends on your preference. It can easily be reheated in the microwave if you prefer it warm.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#249159 - 02/28/06 12:38 PM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

Welcome!

I was where you are (housebound and feeling helpless) when I found Heather's site many years ago, and if followed, it really works the next best thing to a miracle! I work two full time jobs, am a mother of three, and usually feel pretty good, as long as I don't start to let my diet slide.

RE 'Wills Dreamy Lemon Rice Pudding': love it hot, love it cold. Sometimes I add cinnamon, or ginger, sometimes other spices. I find it keep best in the fridge, and tastes best airtight, as it doesn't pick up the garlic or other flavors I might have in there!

Can't help with the oil, but there are so many here from all over, I'm sure someone can. Good luck, and keep in touch- the people on these boards are an amazing, inspiring group!

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

#249171 - 02/28/06 01:05 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

hiya blondie
am also from the UK had the same problem understanding the different names of things! After asking at the health food shop they said canola was just rapeseed oil so I have been using 'goldenfields' which you can buy from waitrose or sainsburys also if you want oil for frying things fry light spray is very good hope that helps.
Susie

#249267 - 02/28/06 05:03 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Thanks everyone! It's a bit of a double-whammy at the moment - I'm both just starting to eat following the IBS guidelines, and also I moved in with my boyfriend (i.e. moved out my parents) just after Christmas - so I'm not even an experienced cook yet!

I guess I'll have more questions, both IBS-specific and general cooking know-how...!!

Thanks again all, much appreciated

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

You can use safflower or sunflower oil... new
      #249757 - 03/02/06 04:08 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and if you search the boards you should find a bunch of past posts from Brits asking about ingredients, with the UK "translations" of the American ingredients.

Welcome!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2194

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review