All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Linguine with creamy wild mushroom, spinach and sherry sauce
      #24492 - 10/26/03 05:50 PM
Kristin

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: New Jersey

I never used to eat mushrooms, and have only really tried them three times in this excellent dish. Unfortunately, I have become violently ill each time I've eaten this meal, and I've come to the conclusion that there's a good chance I'm allergic to mushrooms. What vegetable can I use instead of mushrooms in this dish?
For those of you who haven't tried it (it's in the book), I beg you to make it. I'm craving some right now!

Thanks,
Kristin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Linguine with creamy wild mushroom, spinach and sherry sauce new
      #24578 - 10/27/03 03:57 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

It does sound as if you could be allergic to mushrooms. To be sick three times would be rather coincidental I think.

How about just adding some grated soy cheese? Spinach and cheese are great together. I have also used some chopped chicken breast in this dish before and it was nice.

As for other vegies i haven't tried it but maybe carrot? carrot and Spinach go pretty well together.

Experiment and let us know how you go.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Linguine with creamy wild mushroom, spinach and sherry sauce new
      #24598 - 10/27/03 06:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You might be able to use some cooked, cubed sweet potato or butternut squash. Not the same taste of mushrooms at all, but probably still really good. You could also saute some Fakin bacon (smoked tempeh) and add that - that'd be yummy.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 188 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1153

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review