All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Orange-glazed chicken creasts w/ onion, mushrooms & carrots
      #24473 - 10/26/03 01:21 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I love this recipe from Eating for IBS, but I always have to end up making extra cornstarch, pepper, & paprika coating mix. The recipe calls for 3 whole chicken breasts, which I thought would be 6 halves. I always use just 3 halves, because I have enough problems trying to coat that amount. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, because not only do I always run out of coating mix, you're supposed to reserve the leftover to cook in the skillet.

Does anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Orange-glazed chicken creasts w/ onion, mushrooms & carrots new
      #24521 - 10/27/03 07:43 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi Mags!

I made this a while ago and ran into the same problem. I also had no dripping from the chicken. So I didn't know what to do either! I just added a little more of the cornstartch and spices. I didn't know what to do about the drippings from the chicken!!

I hope we find something out that will help us! I want to make it again but haven't tried because of that problem!!

Steph

--------------------

#24543 - 10/27/03 09:47 AM
*Melissa*

Hi Steph - at least that makes me feel a little better I'm not alone!

I haven't attempted it in awhile either - probably since spring or so. But, I can remember taking the 3/4 water and swishing it in the bag to try to get SOME of the seasoning in the skillet. But honestly, all I've ever had left in the bag was a lick and a promise, so I don't know how much good that did.

#24544 - 10/27/03 10:04 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

LOL!!

Well maybe someone else out there will have some info for us!! It's a good dish! Just needs a little help!!

Take care!
Steph

--------------------

#24553 - 10/27/03 12:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Geez, I'm not sure what's up here. The recipe is for three chicken breasts total, and though it's been a while since I made this, I've had it a zillion times in the past. It's actually one of my grandmother's recipes that didn't even need to be adapted for IBS, so she made it all the time when I was growing up. I can't see any typos in the recipe quantities, but if you're running out of seasoning mix I'd just double those ingredients and see how that works.

I doubt the problem is you, it's surely me!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#24568 - 10/27/03 03:16 PM
*Melissa*

I doubt it's you Heather! LOL

I did think of one thing - do you put all your chicken in one giant plastic bag at once, or do you just coat a few pieces at a time. I always do a few at a time. Do you think that could make a difference?

And just to make sure I got it right, that would be 3 chicken breast halves, or 6 halves? The book says 3 whole chicken breasts. See, I'm the one who's dense! LOL

Thanks!

#24570 - 10/27/03 03:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I always shake them all at once. And I'm pretty sure I used three whole boneless chicken breasts, but honestly it's now been so long since I've made this I can't remember. It should make 3-4 servings total.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#24573 - 10/27/03 03:30 PM
*Melissa*

Thanks! I'll try that next time and let you know how I make out!

Re: I always use extra.. new
      #24577 - 10/27/03 03:52 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

.. I only use 3 single chicken breasts rather than doubles as that's the perfect quantity for us (1 meal each plus a leftover for the freezer ).

I usually double the amount of seasoning mixture as I didn't have enough left over the first time and I shake all the pieces in the bag at once. One time my bag split and it went all over the floor so I'm a very "gentle shaker" now!

This is one of our very favourite meals - yum!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: I always use extra.. new
      #24593 - 10/27/03 05:56 PM
*Melissa*

LOL - Thanks for the warning! What a mess that must have been!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 314 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4043

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review