All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather question on pumpkin apple spice bread!! (Using different Pan size)
      #23489 - 10/15/03 01:12 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi Heather! I just love the pumpkin apple spice bread!! I have a pan that hold 4 small loafs. Each one is 2 1/2 inches wide by 5 inches length and 2 inches high. Do I need to do anything different? Make half the recipe or the whole recipe? Also does this bread freeze well and how long does it stay good? (frozen and not frozen!!)

Thanks!
Steph

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather question on pumpkin apple spice bread!! (Using different Pan size) new
      #23502 - 10/15/03 03:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - the bread will freeze beautifully. It will stay fresh in the freezer, if it's tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and then in a ziploc bag, for several months. At room temp it will stay fresh for several days if it's tightly wrapped and air-tight.

I'm sure you can bake it in the 4 loaf pan, but I'm not sure if you'd need the whole recipe or not. Easiest way to tell is to measure out how much water it takes to fill the 9x5" loaf pan the recipe normally uses. Then measure out how much water it takes to fill your 4 small loaves. That will tell you if you need to adjust the recipe size up, down, or leave as is.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Heather question on pumpkin apple spice bread!! (Using different Pan size) THANKS Heather!! NT new
      #23509 - 10/15/03 03:22 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 308 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1173

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review