All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cheesecake
      #23465 - 10/15/03 10:53 AM
Krista

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Connecticut, USA

I have a question..maybe someone could help me out. I've noticed that alot of cheesecake recipes that i found on the internet use both tofu and soy cream cheese...but i'm not sure how to adapt this to a regular cheesecake recipe..if it say 3-8oz packages of cream cheese, would i do one package of tofu and 2 packages of soy cream cheese. I would really like to adapt some of my favorite cheesecake recipes into something that i can enjoy as well. thanks to anyone who can help!
*Krista*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: cheesecake new
      #23796 - 10/18/03 09:55 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

What are your favorite cheesecake recipes? In _Eating for IBS_, Heather has a terrific, completely convincing cheesecake recipe. You could start with that and try adapting it for the flavors you already like. Just a thought....

#24236 - 10/23/03 10:09 AM
Krista

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Connecticut, USA

i made an awesome pumpkin cheescake..i can post the recipe if you want. But it had one package of silken tofu and i used 2 packages of soy cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese and nobody new the difference. I was just wondering if it calls for 3 packs of cream cheese.. i would sub one for tofu and the other for soy cream cheese. I saw heathers in the book, but hers uses only tofu...i really love the cream cheese flavor..

#24240 - 10/23/03 10:21 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I've had good luck mixing the silken tofu with soy cream cheese as you did. The soy cream cheese does give a great flavor to the cheesecake - the only downside is that it is usually a high fat product. See how little soy cream cheese you can use to get the flavor you want, and use silken tofu for the remainder (or even drained soy yogurt - that really gives a good tang - just drain in a paper towel- or cheesecake-lined strainer set over a bowl, in the fridge overnight).

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#24427 - 10/25/03 03:59 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Quote:

just drain in a paper towel- or cheesecake-lined strainer set over a bowl, in the fridge overnight).

Heather, you must have had cheesecake on the brain! I presume you meant cheeseCLOTH-lined strainer? Just checking--I'm trying to picture cheesecake in a strainer--

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1989

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review