All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Better than cheesecake questions
      #230144 - 12/08/05 11:50 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I'm tempted to make this soon, but I have a couple of questions.

First, the recipe calls for a 10-inch springform pan and I have a 9-inch instead. How will this affect the bake time? (I've never used a springform pan or made anything remotely cheesecake-like.)

Secondly, I'm not sure I can find the brand that Heather mentions around here. Will using another brand really affect things much? Is there another brand someone who's made it before can recommend?

I am thinking of making it for a New Year's open house I'll be going to and there will be real cheesecake there, too that my decidedly unadventurous friends will eat and leave mine alone, but I'd rather have a Snorkie-safe version so I can do more than stare longingly and whimper. THANKS!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Better than cheesecake questions new
      #230250 - 12/08/05 05:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am sorry Heather but that better than cheesecake is gross. I recommend not making it! Try something else. No one will eat it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Whoa, Minnie, you're in the minority on that one! I've made it new
      #230265 - 12/08/05 06:20 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

for more people and parties than I can remember, and it always disappears. Maybe there was a glitch when you made it? Not sure, but it's usually everybody's top request.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#230266 - 12/08/05 06:23 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

HI Snorkie - I don't know about the pan size - you might want to lower the cooking temperature by 25 degrees and bake it a little longer. Just keep checking till it's set in the middle to know when it's done.

Brand of tofu shouldn't matter as long as it's silken and you use the amount called for.

Let me know how you like it! Minnie hates it. But tons of other people love it, so I'd love your feedback.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#230641 - 12/10/05 04:22 PM
Blessedmommieof3

Reged: 10/17/05
Loc: Oahu, HI

This is one of the few recipes in the book I've had a chance to try just yet. I LOVED it! I added a can of cherry pie filling to the top of mine. My very-picky 6 year old, even gobbled it up.

This was my first taste of anything tofu. I decided I'd better see how good tofu CAN taste & then maybe I wouldn't be scared to try it more.

--------------------
Alicia
Blessedmommieof3boys

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 562 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2019

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review