All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Hot Fudge Brownies
      #2267 - 03/09/03 01:36 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Hello everyone. I came across this recipe I had written down and made a few years ago. Spir of the moment 6 am this morning I am making it again and looking forward to dessert tonight! The only thing I did different is used soy milk and will see how that turned out, I am thinking just fine. I just wanted to share it with you. I think I got this off of fatfree.com. Hope you like it.

Sheri

Hot Fudge Brownie

Heat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, combine

1 cup flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)

Add

1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir to blend. Spoon into an 8X8 inch baking pan spray with cooking spray.

In a medium-sized bowl, combine

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 to 1 3/4 cup hot water (see note)

Stir to blend and pour over batter in prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve with nonfat frozen yogurt, if desired.

Note: A fudgy sauce forms on the bottom of the brownie as it bakes. The consistency of the sauce depends on the amount of hot water you use in the recipe. If you use the maximum amout, it's like a hocolate syrup; with the minimum amount it's more like a pudding. I think I usually use about 1 1/4 cup for a medium-thick sauce, which I spoon up over the yogurt to make a hot fudge brownie sundae kind of thing.

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hot Fudge Brownies new
      #2474 - 03/11/03 02:08 PM
Lynn

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Virginia

I have found using olive oil and Better Than Egg egg substitute has greatly reduced any episodes, using store bought brownie mix, I might have with regular brownies.

#2832 - 03/14/03 03:48 PM
Thor

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Cold Lake, Alaska

Thanks for the recipe. They turned out great. I used cranberry juice instead of the skim milk, and a banana instead of the applesauce. Mmm... so good!

#2834 - 03/14/03 05:06 PM
Peanut

Thor,

Glad to hear that they turned out for you as well. I made them again yesterday and put some in the freezer to see how that will work. I put peppermint or mint extract in it and as crazy as it sounds, that tasty little dessert really seems to help.

Sheri

--------------------

cranberry juice? new
      #2843 - 03/14/03 09:33 PM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

You can do that? Really???

Re: cranberry juice? new
      #2844 - 03/14/03 09:42 PM
Thor

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Cold Lake, Alaska

Yeah, it sounds weird, but in Heather's book she uses juice in her orange cranberry bread, and it's totally amazing. I've been using it as a substitute and it's working great. Because the juice is sweet, you have to use less sugar, which is cool, because I'm not a big fan of the refined stuff.

Re: Hot Fudge Brownies - nice to see you! new
      #2864 - 03/15/03 08:08 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Peanut - It's so nice to finally see who's been posting under Peanut's name! Great shot of both of you. What kinda dog is it?

Thanks for the recipe, too.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Hot Fudge Brownies - Thank you new
      #2872 - 03/15/03 10:34 AM
Peanut

Sharon,

How are you doing? Glad you took this one down. You will have to let me know how you get on with it, because I love it! I took a piece that I had in the freezer out this morning and will let you know tonight or tomorrow how it was after being thawed. I have found that the mint helps me far better than the fennel. I am wondering if you have any minty fat free recipes that I could bake up?

I thought it was only fair that I add a picture since so many other people had. The trouble was finding one that I had already scanned to send to Heather and that one is from awhile ago. That is my little princess Bijoux and she is my animal shelter special. She is a Chihuahua/Pug mix and is spoiled rotten.

Thanks for the little post!

Sheri

--------------------

Re: Hot Fudge Brownies - Thank you new
      #2891 - 03/15/03 05:13 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Sheri - will look up the FF minty bakes.

I'm doing good--not much gas lately but when it happens, it's gone in about 1 hr. Nothing like it previously was.

Thanks for asking.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: cranberry juice? new
      #2903 - 03/15/03 07:13 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Thor - Welcome to the board! It's nice to see some more guys around. And what a good idea to use cranberry juice - I'll have to try that. I've never baked with it before.

Do you ever go to the Wille Bakery in Victoria? I learned to bake from my grandmother (Marion Wille), who spent her summers with her grandmother in Victoria. Her grandparents owned the bakery and lived above it! It was closed for a while but re-opened under the same name, and they have a great album in the bakery with old photos of my relatives. I've always thought it would be a kick if they made one of my grandmother's cake recipes (many of which came from her grandmother) like the Chocolate Applesauce Cake.

Anyway, I love Victoria - it's just beautiful.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 391 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23433

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review