All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tea?? Any ideas?
      #22499 - 10/05/03 06:39 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Do you guys put sugar or anything in your teas? Also how do you guys brew your loose tea? I have a one pound bag of peppermint tea and have been brewing one cup at a time in reusable tea bas. Anyone have a better idea? Or is this how most of you do it?

Thanks for your thoughts!!
Steph

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tea?? Any ideas? new
      #22508 - 10/05/03 07:35 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I use sugar or honey sometimes. It depends what kind of tea it is. Usually decaf Chai or green tea I sweeten. Those are the only 2 I can think of that I do sweeten.

I have been making my loose peppermint tea in my coffee pot - just the pot part, not through the maker. I boil water on the stove, put my loose tea in the coffee pot, then pour the water in and let it steep. When it's finished, I use a strainer to scoop out as much as possible. Then, whenever I want a cup, I pour it through my strainer into my cup. (I have a small strainer that fits right on top of my cup.) I just pop the cup in the microwave to reheat it.

It sounds more complicated than it actually is - trust me, if it was a pain, I wouldn't be doing it. I'm way too lazy! LOL I have been drinking anywhere from 1-2 pots per day. I use a heaping 1/2 cup of peppermint per pot, plus about 1/4-1/3 cup of fennel. (BTW HanSolo if you see this - I've built up a tolerance to the fennel, and am now adding more to my pot and it tastes great! )

Anyway, that's how I go about it.

I have a tea question too... new
      #22510 - 10/05/03 08:00 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I have a bag of fennel seed (well, I poured it into a couple of glass jars with the label and tossed the bag, but anyway) and I was wondering what BESIDES peppermint I could combine it with to tone down the fennel flavor. The GI doc says I have an "acid condition" and am supposed to avoid peppermint (hee hee, good thing he can't see the gallon of orange juice in my fridge! ). I'm also wary of chamomile because I had an allergic reaction to it in 4th grade (head-to-toe rash--not fun). Any other "tummy herbs" I'm not thinking of that would make good tea mixed with fennel?

Just my two bits :) new
      #22513 - 10/05/03 09:53 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Here is a link to one I posted last week about my new tea press....I love it!! I've drinking 1/2 pot right now!!

Got a Bodum Assam 6-Cup Tea Press and Love it!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: I have a tea question too... new
      #22571 - 10/06/03 01:56 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - You could mix it with whole cloves, broken cinnamon sticks, cardamom seeds, and gingerroot to make your own chai. Or maybe with a low caffeine green tea, and some honey.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thanks, Heather! -nt- new
      #22579 - 10/06/03 03:20 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review