All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feeling very proud of myself
      #22490 - 10/05/03 03:11 PM
mtpriss

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: Ridgeland,MS

I'm very new at all this but I feel very impressed with myself. Started anew yesterday. Got myself some french and sour dough bread. Had pb&j yesterday and then orange roughy w/lemon and lawry's, lima beans, and toasted frech bread for dinner. And I made Tess's brownies! They are tasty!
Today I had scrambled egg whites and toasted sourdough with rice butter and cinnamon sugar. I think something in that is a trigger for me b/c I had painful gas and then D this afternoon.
I also made the banana rice pudding. I little lick I took when putting it up was tasty!
Any clue how to make bananas ripen quickly? I wanted to make that bread this weekend but haven't been able to b/c my bananas was turn black quick enough!
I had pizza tonight.....veggie pepperoni, soy cheese, and black olives on a pita round. YAY! Yummy! Gotta figure out what in my breakfast triggered the attack though.
Is this long? Jeez.
Anyway, feeling very healthy even though my tummy is upset!
mags(the other one)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling very proud of myself new
      #22492 - 10/05/03 04:50 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Glad to see you are adapting well!

Could your trigger have been too much rice butter? Even though it's not dairy, it's still fat so you have to watch how much you eat. Or did you add anything to your scrambled eggs? Just some guesses.

If you store your bananas in a closed paper bag, they will ripen quicker.

#22493 - 10/05/03 05:14 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Did you happen to use Egg Beaters or regular egg whites?

#22495 - 10/05/03 05:46 PM
mtpriss

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: Ridgeland,MS

I used egg whites from the store. 100% egg whites or something like that. I'm in MS and it's hard to find organic eggs at the stores. I only coated the bread with a thin layer of the butter. But I guess that could have been it. Only a little salt and pepper was used with the eggs. Thanks for the banana advice! Now I just have to find a paper bag!
Are Baked Doritos ok? I got some hoping!
Thanks y'all.
mags

Baked Doritos are okay if... new
      #22504 - 10/05/03 07:15 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

they haven't added dairy or too much fat to the flavor coating the chips. Plain baked corn chips, like Tostitos, are totally safe.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1452

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review