All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tummy Mint Tea
      #22192 - 10/01/03 08:52 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

This stuff is amazing. I've been drinking peppermint tea for a while, and tried fennel tea once, but didn't like the flavor. So I bought the Tummy Mint Tea with peppermint, fennel, and chamomile in it and the taste is not bad at all! Plus, I don't feel really bloated so I think the fennel is working. It is a very nice way to get all three calming teas in one.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tummy Mint Tea new
      #22198 - 10/01/03 09:47 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Do you know since I got Heather's tea, I make it so strong now, that Tummy Mint hardly has any flavor to me anymore! LOL I've built up a tolerance, I guess!

I did used to drink it all the time though. It works great! I'm glad it's helping you.

#22208 - 10/01/03 10:43 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Same with me... I use Heather's teas both at home and now at the office But when I go to a resturant....(like Sunday breakfast is a must with hubby).... I have to put at least 2 bags in my cup!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#22223 - 10/01/03 12:56 PM
Jennifer Rose

Well, unfortunately until I become unbroke and can order Heather's teas, the Tummy Mint will have to do.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#22230 - 10/01/03 01:50 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sorry Jennifer.... I did not mean to burst your bubble.... now I feel bad. YES the Tummy teas that you are using DO WORK...... steep a cup and enjoy!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#22232 - 10/01/03 02:15 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Jennifer - Me too! I did not mean to make you feel 'broke'. But, FYI - Heather's teas are actually SO MUCH cheaper than buying the Tummy Mint. At least it is here anyway. I think it is about $3.50 for a box of Tummy Mint, which is only 1.3 oz, but Heather's tea is $12.95 for 16 oz. So, the Tummy Mint is like $2.70 per ounce, where Heather's is about $0.81 per ounce.

Shell - I thought about using 2 bags at a time. I'll have to try it out to use up my old tea.

#22236 - 10/01/03 02:39 PM
Jennifer Rose

Oh that's okay!

Well, I bought a whole bunch of peppermint teas and tummy mint teas last month so as soon as I'm done with those (I think I have another couple weeks' supply) then I'm going to look into maybe ordering.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#22517 - 10/05/03 10:53 PM
kenscottii

Reged: 09/17/03

What's the best way for brewing the tea? I purchased a big bag and haven't cut into the pouch yet. I just realized that after I cut into the bag, I need a great method for storing it so it doesn't lose the potentancy.

I'm going to feel like a real twit if the big bag has individual bags inside :-)

#22570 - 10/06/03 01:54 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I brew in a glass tea pot that has a strainer built into the lid, so I can just dump the loose leaves right into the pot. Then I just pour out of the pot into my glass for each cup.

For the big bag of tea, after I cut it open I transfer a week's worth or so to a metal tin to keep in the kitchen, and then I just keep the bag itself in a ziploc freezer bag so it stays fresh. If you're going through a small amount of the tea quickly (like a week's worth), you could keep it in a glass jar or tupperware container or something.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#24199 - 10/22/03 08:25 PM
kenscottii

Reged: 09/17/03

Hi Heather,
Do you have any suggestions of where I might be able to purchase your kind of tea pot?

I TRULY appreciate you and your efforts. I've gotten more relief reading your books and postings that I have with my gastroenterologist. THANK YOU.

Ken

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3876

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review