View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather- f/u about when organic acacia will be available thur this website
      #21274 - 09/19/03 08:29 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Hi Heather,
You told me back on 9/11 that you were in the process of making this soluble fiber product available here. I know you said that you were a few weeks away from selling it here, so sorry if I'm rushing you but but I'm really eager to try it, b/c from what you told me about it back on 9/11 it sounds great!

So I decided to check in w/ you today about how it's going w/ making this product available here. Also, how will I know when it is actually available here? Do you post a msge to this board announcing whenever a new product is being offered on this website? Thanks, LL

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather- f/u about when organic acacia will be available thur this website new
      #21278 - 09/19/03 09:47 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there - The acacia is on its way from the manufacturer to the distributor, and from there it goes to the packer. Then it has to be packed, labeled, and shipped to me. We've got our fingers crossed that we'll be able to add it to our website within the next three weeks and start sending it out to folks. I wish it could be sooner than that, but we still have to finalize the label, then labels have to be printed, and that has to be done before the packer can slap the labels on. Debuting the other products on the website has slowed us down a bit because it's a whole new workload and we're just getting a routine down for that.

I will post on the diet board when I've got it. And I'll include it in the IBS Newsletter. You should get that (it goes out every two weeks) as an email since you're a board member. If you don't get it, let me know and I'll check into that.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Heather- f/u about when organic acacia will be available thur this website new
      #21297 - 09/20/03 09:28 AM
lithelady

Thanks so much for the update (even on the wkend!). I'll keep an eye out for when you post that it's available on the recipe board. I'm sure it's alot of work getting all these new products online so rapidly so a BIG thanks to you and all of your staff for making this yeoman's effort to make all of our lives so much better physically and thus, emotionally too!!

I do receive the newsletter thank you, so I'll watch for the announcement there too. It's a great newsletter. I print them out and have created a file for them to have for ongoing reference b/c they have so much cool info in them.

Thanks again, wish I'd found you YEARS ago!!

--------------------

Heather- another ? about organic acacia new
      #21356 - 09/21/03 03:47 PM
lithelady

Just wondering if you or anyone on your staff who has C-IBS tried using acacia to see how well it works and also to learn if it causes alot of yukky side-effects ie: gas, bloating etc. like metamucil does?

--------------------

Re: Heather- another ? about organic acacia new
      #21362 - 09/21/03 05:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - So far no side effects at all (except good ones) from everyone who's tried it. What I like even more is that the manufacturer actually has clinical studies on acacia showing that it's very unlikely to cause bloating and gas. When I add the product to the site I'm going to have those studies excerpted so people can see all the information for themselves. And it should work equally well for constipation and diarrhea - that's pretty much how all soluble fiber works. It's just whether or not the supplement will also cause gas/bloating that can vary.

Personally, I've really loved the stuff. I don't know that I can promise no one will have any bloating or gas from it, as I haven't come across one single supplement where that held true. But I can pretty much guarantee it will be much more tolerable than psyllium (what Metamucil is made from) as that stuff is notorious for causing gas and bloating. I also really wonder about the flavors, colors, preservatives, etc. that are in many of the supplements, and in contrast the acacia is just pure organic soluble fiber. Nothing else is added. I really, really like and trust that.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Heather- another ? about organic acacia-thanks for all the good info, can't wait to try it!-nt new
      #21549 - 09/23/03 11:40 AM
lithelady

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 415 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1418

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review