All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Hi Everyone new
      #19339 - 09/02/03 10:00 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Re: My old heading I have, since the day I posted this, just learnt I have to cook. I was used to being able to open a can of Ravioli or Hamburger Helper or grilled cheese and soup etc.

Honestly - Since I have posted this I have started to love cooking and baking and am learning how to cope with the diet alot better.

Grocery shopping for the "new" foods then was so difficult because I was checking every label. Now I am able to breeze through the aisle and find exactly what I need.

As for the spices....rather than my buying all the spices at once I make a list of all the spices Heather mentioned and I don't have then each time I got I choose one or two and pick them up. I have tons and tons of spices and extras that I would never have but it has opened alot of spicy doors for me lol.

I have learnt to marinate, sautee, etc etc all thanks to our Heather. I am still no Martha Stewart - I would put me at a Debra from Everyone Loves Raymond. LOL

I was so excited - I went for groceries yesterday and was able to find turkey ground and turkey breakfast sausages and was able to make meatloaf. I used to have to use Ground Beef and Pork/Beef Breakfast Sausage so I haven't had it in over 9 months. I was so excited and made it for supper last night. It was so wonderful and completely safe I am sure because I never had any attacks at all.

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone! I appreciate it.
Just thought I should update you all. There are some wonderful suggestions on here - I have to get busy and try more and more of them!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You should really be SO proud of yourself! new
      #19375 - 09/02/03 01:37 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Lana, I remember when you first posted on the boards, and you were really at a loss as to how to change your diet because it seemed so overwhelming. (Did you have a frequent buyer card at Burger King? I think that was you...)

Everything you had been eating you suddenly couldn't, and everything you were now supposed to be eating you were unfamiliar with. Plus you hadn't cooked much, and that was another huge obstacle to overcome. You were really discouraged and frustrated, but you were also determined to help yourself.

I've watched you go from a struggling newbie with constant questions to an old pro on the board. Now when you post, you're much more likely to be welcoming new folks yourself, and answering questions that you yourself were asking just a little while ago. It's been delightful to watch this transition, and I've seen other folks on the board make this change too. I always wish I could give hugs in person when this happens instead of just posting a message. You really should be so incredibly proud of all that you've accomplished!

And thanks especially for this message. I'm sure you've just encouraged a lot of people who are trying to change their lives the way you changed yours, and your suggestions are incredibly helpful. You've made great points about how people can gradually shop for new things, and try new foods, and maybe even become great cooks and bakers without ever really planning to. I am just overjoyed when someone finds that what started out as frustrating work becomes something they not only grow to like but to find rewarding. That's always one of my biggest hopes with IBS recipes - that someone will try something new, be happily surprised, and be inspired to continue on that path. It is so wonderful to see that change so that what used to just be all a bunch of negatives (I can't eat hamburgers! I have to bake these muffins from scratch?!) turns into positives (I love these turkey burgers! I baked fabulous bread all by myself and my family loved it too!).

You just made my day. I hope you're giving yourself one helluva big pat on the back - you deserve it.

Much love,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Awww - thanks Heather
      #19384 - 09/02/03 02:22 PM
Lana_Marie

Wow - aren't you sweet... And yes, I had a discount card a BK. I have only eat the veggie burger there now, but its maybe once a month MAYBE!

I guess this diet has forced me to do whatever I have to do to live a better life. You were a wonderful help to me and I appreciate your book. You are to give up your jobs etc to help strangers. You are so special.

I have been fortunate enough to have a supportive husband and family and friends as well as everyone on here. And I also realized that I am the only one who can make myself better.

I truly understand the struggle people go through to make a diet change. I had a family wedding a few weekends ago and people were asking me why I had to bring my own kabobs. (Everyone else had burgers and I just didn't want someone to accidentally take my burger and then I have to eat the wrong burgers) So I explained to them, as briefly over a dinner table, as I could. The only thing was that people wanted my kabobs and leave their burgers on the BBQ. LOL

It is a very difficult life change. You wouldn't think food affects a person so much, but it truly does.

Thank you for everything you do Heather and thank you for teaching me how to make the necessary changes.

AND thank you to everyone on the board who has helped me change my diet and answering all my questions. I hope to be able to give back some of the wisdom to some newbies as you had all blessed me with previously.

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Re: Awww - thanks Heather new
      #19386 - 09/02/03 02:38 PM
Lana_Marie

I still have a long ways to go yet...I need to learn how to make all those dishes in your book. There are some that are quite foreign to me - I guess I will have to post some of my questions so I could a) track down the ingredient and b) clear up and questions I may have.

Right now I stick with the pretty basic recipes, but have worn out the baking section of my book.

Thanks again, Heather

--------------------
Lana_Marie

You are truly welcome! -nt- new
      #19387 - 09/02/03 03:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

CRISPY HERB BAKED CHICKEN (making tonight) new
      #22455 - 10/04/03 05:35 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'll let ya all know how it turns out...... wish me luck that it turns out as good as my baking has

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Made Tonight - CRISPY HERB BAKED CHICKEN new
      #22462 - 10/04/03 08:51 PM
Shell Marr

Now THAT was good!! Very interesting... and very good... I did add 1 teaspoon Johnny's Seasoning as well.... we only used about 2/3rds of the whole mix total.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE!!

--------------------

Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals- cats!!?! new
      #22464 - 10/05/03 03:58 AM
enioreh

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Get a dog?

Quote:

What's a mother to do????

Sharon

--------------------

MADE "EASY SEASONED CHICKEN" LAST NIGHT new
      #22850 - 10/08/03 01:44 PM
Shell Marr

Both hubby & I liked it.... the only thing that was different was the feeling in your mouth...because you bite in to the piece of chicken with this breading on it.... but part of it is crispy and part of it is soft (mashed potatoes) on top! LOL Putting the lid over the pan is what makes it not stay crispy...but oh, it was some moist chicken!! I just served it with plain white rice w/a little I can't believe it's not butter spray and a can for green beans.

Hubby wants me to try it with BBQ sauce in place of the Italian dressing next time.....

Quote:

EASY SEASONED CHICKEN

boneless skinless chicken/turkey breast halves
bottled FF Italian salad dressing
Hungry Jack mashed potato flakes

1. Dip chicken in dressing; coat with potato flakes.

2. Brown coated chicken in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray 3 to 4 min on each side.

3. Cover and cook over low heat about 10 to 15 min or until chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear.

Viola.

Let us know if anyone tries this.

Sharon

--------------------

Re: Dinner in a Bag new
      #41173 - 01/27/04 08:39 AM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I made this recipe on Sunday, and it was great, I loved it. Comfort food!! I added cheese for my husband, who will not eat my food, ever, and he ate it and said to make it again.!!! I added some green peppers to mine. Thanks so much, I am having the leftovers for lunch today.

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 371 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 207010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review