All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Big Favour Needed!
      #192044 - 07/05/05 08:04 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

I don't have my own copy of EFI yet and I returned the library's copy because I know that book is in high demand. I meant to copy the white bean and almond dip recipe for an upcoming party this weekend, but it slipped my mind! Would someone please email or post it for me? I want to take something different yet safe for me to eat, and I even have all the ingredients in the house to make it. Thanks in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Moderator? new
      #192126 - 07/06/05 06:52 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This may sound silly, but ...

I'd be happy to do it, but don't want to step on Heather's toes. (I figure she has to make money somehow, especially since she's kind enough to provide this Website free of charge.) If I can get an okay from Heather or a moderator, I'll post it here.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Go ahead... new
      #192136 - 07/06/05 07:14 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Sand, I'd say go ahead and post it. I've seen others post Heather's recipes here and as far as I know she doesn't mind.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Here it is: Bruschetta with White Bean and Almond Dip new
      #192193 - 07/06/05 08:51 AM
Sand

Makes 1-1/2 cups, about 6 servings

1/3 cup almonds
15-16 oz. can white beans (or 1-1/2 cups homemade beans), rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup plain soy or rice milk
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 small garlic clove, mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt

Six large slices of horizontally sliced baguettes or rustic Italian bread, toasted

In a large ungreased frying pan (not non-stick) toast the almonds over medium high heat until lightly golden, shaking pan frequently. Cool. Add nuts and remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve dip with toast slices.

Safari, I love this recipe and I bet it's a huge hit at the party. Have a great time!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Here it is: Bruschetta with White Bean and Almond Dip new
      #192205 - 07/06/05 09:19 AM
Safari567

Thank you so much! I was wondering if there were rules to posting the recipes from her book, but I thought it was worth a try. And I am happy to hear it's a good recipe!

It's okay to post a request - hope you enjoy the dip!!! -nt- new
      #192243 - 07/06/05 10:58 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#193372 - 07/08/05 03:26 PM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

I'd like to try this but have a question about kinds of white bean to use.
There's Garbanzo and white kidney (cannellini).
Could you use Butter Beans?
Any other suggestions?

#193580 - 07/09/05 08:20 AM
Sand

We make if with Goya Beans. We had been using one of their beans that was not actually labeled "white bean", but something in Spanish - a word similar to "albino", which led me to believe they were white beans. They may have been cannelli beans - I don't have a can in front of me to check if that's the other name on the label.

The last time we made this we used the Goya "Small White Beans", which my DH said he actually liked better - they were easier to blend.

We use garbanzo beans for our hummus and I'm not sure they have the muscle to use in this recipe. However, I'm out of my league here, so if they sound good to you, give them a try - and please let me know how they work.

As for all the other beans out there, I think the questions are:
How well do they blend? If they have very tough skins, they're probably not going to work.
Do they have so strong a flavor they overwhelm the recipe?
What about color? The white beans lead to a dip with a cool sort of greenish color. I guess if you used different beans you could get a range of colors, which might be kind of neat in a party platter.

HTH.

--------------------

#193596 - 07/09/05 09:45 AM
Safari567

I made it with white kidney beans because it was the only white beans I could find in the store, and it turned out amazing! This dip is very, very good, I will be making it again soon, and would like to try making a few variations of it with different spices.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review