All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather-About your Maple Pie
      #18225 - 08/22/03 04:45 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Hello there. I am thinking about baking the Maple Pie in the cookbook this weekend and have a little question.

I am wondering if I could get away with adding some sliced or chopped apples to it. What do you think? I haven't made the pie before, so not sure what the finished product looks like.

Thanks,

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather-About your Maple Pie new
      #18229 - 08/22/03 05:05 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Oooh, I honestly don't know. The pie isn't like anything else I've ever made. I bakes up very high and light and then collapses a bit as it cools, like a souffle. In fact, make sure you bake it on a pie or cookie sheet in case it boils over a little.

If you add chopped apples, they'll definitely sink to the bottom. You might add them on top of the crust, then pour the filling over them. Honestly, I'd bake the pie as is first so you can see what you're dealing with, then decide if you want to try the apples. If you do, let me know how it comes out!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Heather-About your Maple Pie-Thank you! new
      #18235 - 08/22/03 05:15 PM
Peanut

Thanks for more info. I thought about doing a some thin slices which I would put at the bottom of the crust. When I do make it I will let you know, for sure!

I have a recipe for crustless pumpkin pie which I have made for the past few years. It calls for evaporated milk, but could I get away with using just soy milk? If so would I just reduce it by a little? I think I will try it in a month or so, but thought I would ask the expert!

Thank you!!

Sheri

--------------------

Yep - for the pumpkin pie soy milk will sub just fine. -nt- new
      #18241 - 08/22/03 05:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

THANK YOU -nt- new
      #18286 - 08/23/03 02:53 AM
Peanut

--------------------

Made the pie new
      #18416 - 08/24/03 04:41 PM
Peanut

Hello. I made the pie which turned out good, although really sweet. In the crust I substituted the oil with prune puree and did the same in the filling and it turned out good. I think that apples would taste good in there maybe with a little cinnamon (I put it in almost everything ). I had a decent sized slice and think that it might be a little too sweet for me, since my tummy is a little upset. Who would have thought things were too sweet for me (used to eat at least a bag of candy every 2 days or sooner). I think it must be me getting older. LOL!!

Well, I should go check on my Zuchini bread (from the book) that I am baking for my grandma.

Sheri

--------------------

Re: Made the pie new
      #18442 - 08/24/03 09:28 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Hi - Yep, it is sweet. It's a lot like the Canadian maple sugar candies (the ones that are shaped like a maple leaf). If you like those, the pie is great. If those candies are too sweet for you (and they are for a lot of people, including my husband) then the pie is probably too much too. I like small pieces of it in the autumn when I feel like maple.

- H

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review