All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chocolate cake recipe???
      #180 - 01/30/03 02:40 PM
ED

Reged: 01/29/03

Anyone know a good chocolate cake and chocolate icing recipe I can use to bake a cake for my girlfriends b-day on Friday (tomorrow)? ...or any adaptations I can make to an existing recipe so it dosen't kill her stomach???
Thanks!

~ hope she dosent catch me posting this!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint Fudge Cake to the rescue! new
      #183 - 01/30/03 03:10 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Ed - here is a fabulous cake that is totally safe for IBS. I've had literally hundreds of folks write to me about this recipe - it's everyone's favorite.

If your girlfriend doesn't like peppermint you can omit the extract. But the mint is a wonderful touch, and actually very helpful for IBS. If you want to use the icing on top (I rarely bother, the cake is very rich left plain) make sure you ice it just a few minutes before serving. You could also just lightly dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar right before serving, and scatter some red or pink rose petals around the edges of the plate. This looks really fancy and beautiful and takes about 2 seconds.

The recipe is at http://www.eatingforibs.com/pepfudg.htm

Enjoy!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Chocolate cake recipe??? new
      #194 - 01/30/03 05:22 PM
pamk

Reged: 01/29/03

The chocolate peppermint cake is the best, however I don't like as much peppermint extract as the recipe calls for so I cut it back to 1 teaspoon of peppermint and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Yum. You could also add a nice decorative touch by adding fresh peppermint leaves to the top of the cake immediately following the glaze which will hold the leaves in place.

MADE TODAY - Peppermint Fudge Cake! (Christmas Ideas) new
      #19868 - 09/07/03 10:13 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

YUMMY..... this was sooo good!

At first I did not make the glaze because I did not have the coffee. But after we tried one piece it was sooo good, we wondered. So, later we made 1/2 the glaze and left out the coffee. It was very good, but too much peppermint.

Hubby & I did think about Christmas coming up.... we could make the glaze without the peppermint and use almond.... or even leave out the coca powder as well.... then sprinkle on broken candy cane and garnish with a few whole mint leafs ?? Or no glaze .... lay a paper doily (to look like snowflakes) over the cake 1st and use the powdered sugar to make a design?? Just some ideas with the holidays so close.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Peppermint Fudge Cake - I Think I Got It This Time Heather!! new
      #22418 - 10/03/03 09:18 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I made it again tonight....from Eating For IBS.

Since I saw your do the demo Heather and tasted YOURS...and you tasted mine....we both knew something was wrong with mine.... the oven temp WAS the problem. I cooked for only 40 mins at 325.

Once I started making the cake I realized I only had 3/4 cup of sugar instead of 1 cup.... so I just used brown sugar for the other 1/4 cup.... and it turned out just fine.

Hubby says.... "your right up there in Heather league!!"

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Peppermint Fudge Cake - I Think I Got It This Time Heather!! new
      #22422 - 10/04/03 06:07 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That is great Shell - it is one of my favorite new cakes to eat. Even my family (including picky husband) love it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1805

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review