All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Chocolate Silk Pudding Ice Cream - any thoughts, Heather? new
      #17701 - 08/18/03 06:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I've had other people mention this, and I honestly don't know what's going on. My guess is that it may not boil when you're using a double boiler, as the recipe instructs. That's the safest way to make it, and how I made it for a long time, though for a while now I've just made it directly over the heat in a heavy stockpot. It does come to a boil that way. I have it in my notes that it had also come to a boil when using a double boiler, but I could just be flat wrong about that. As long as it does thicken the end result will be just fine. Sorry for the confusion...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chocolate Silk Pudding Ice Cream-for Mags or anyone who's made this new
      #17768 - 08/19/03 04:06 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I don't have an ice cream maker either so if any tries freezing it the regualr way - let me know!
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Chocolate Silk Pudding Ice Cream-for Mags or anyone who's made this new
      #17769 - 08/19/03 04:10 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

I plan to make it Thursday afternoon and freeze it in a chocolate cookie crumb crust ( I can tolerate those fine) as a reward for going through my colonoscopy Thurs. morning !

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Thanks, Heather! -nt- new
      #17777 - 08/19/03 04:46 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

Re: Chocolate Silk Pudding Ice Cream new
      #18487 - 08/25/03 09:39 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey everyone - I've been meaning to post that the next day after I made this, I didn't really like it frozen. The texture changed or something. When I first got it out of the ice cream maker, it was smooth and like a custard/soft serve type ice cream. The next day it was not really gritty, but not smooth. Anyway, I didn't like it. I don't know if I did something wrong or what. I think I'll just stick with the pudding from now on unless I plan on serving the ice cream right away, because I've never had a problem with the pudding the next day.

Sorry if I encouraged anyone else to do this and the same thing happened to you. And if it didn't - lucky you!

Re: Chocolate Silk Pudding Ice Cream-for Mags new
      #18489 - 08/25/03 09:44 AM
berky

Same here Mags! Didn't care for the frozen texture. At least you didn't have a flood in your fridge like I did! (See previous post) I'm going to give it another try and just keep the pudding consistency in a cookie or graham cracker crust. I DO love my chocolate!!

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

#18491 - 08/25/03 09:51 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Now I know that works! Have you tried the chocolate version of the Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie in Eating for IBS? Oh my, my - Oh Hell Yes!!! That is to die for!! It tastes pretty much the same as the pudding, but looking at the recipe it's a little different. You have to try this if you haven't already - I promise it makes up for the frozen advice.

#18494 - 08/25/03 10:15 AM
berky

Will definitely have to try the chocolate version of that pie you mentioned- I am stockpiling breads in my freezer in anticipation of the coming school year ( I teach special ed.) I know I'll be needing a chocolate fix and want something safe in the house to eat, so over the past 2 days I've made 2 loaves of banana bread with chocolate chips and 2 loaves of the chocolate applesauce bread.Just preparing for the stress!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 299 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review