All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
JUST MADE Brown Sugar Banana Bread
      #17566 - 08/17/03 07:29 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OH MY GOSH Heather... this is so yummy! When I sliced it... hubby was there dying for a bite... he said, "oh I bet a little butter on it would be great too".... then he thought for a minute and said... "or not" let me try without (note: he is doing the same thing with dinners now... not adding butter or salt BEFORE tasting. and he has really cut down since the flavors are so great as is)...anyway. HE LOVED IT and so did I. How easy too!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Brown Sugar Banana Bread - Made More Last Night new
      #22294 - 10/02/03 09:08 AM
Shell Marr

It turned out even better this time since I let the bananas get black and I have a thermometer in my oven so it was the perfect temp! Hubby words after one slice... "you can't make this anymore..... I want to eat it by the loaf"

--------------------

Oh yay! So glad you liked it !! -nt- new
      #22310 - 10/02/03 01:47 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: JUST MADE Brown Sugar Banana Bread new
      #22335 - 10/02/03 06:57 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Shell you are always trying to cook something new. When do you find the time? I only have enough time in my day to cook supper. It is so cool your hubby is willing to try anything you cook and bake and loves what you make. It must be awesome to have such a supportive husband!!
BTW I love your quote!!

#22378 - 10/03/03 08:32 AM
Shell Marr

Yes, hubby is very supportive...... and says he will try anything once.

As for time..... I really don't have a lot, but I try to shop on my lunch hour for items I know I need that either I want FRESH or forgot when I do once a week shopping. I'm usually home from work by 5:30pm, and I don't have kids. I try most of the new time consuming stuff on the weekends. But things like the breads in Eating For IBS (once you have the ingredients) only take 15-20 mins to whip up.

--------------------

Thank you for pointing out how quick recipes can be! new
      #22389 - 10/03/03 01:10 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Shell - I'm so happy you've found out how fast and easy it is to whip up a loaf of bread. So many people think baking is difficult or time-consuming, and I'm always trying to get them to realize that things like banana or zucchini breads take about 10-15 minutes and just two bowls and a spoon to make. When they're done they've got breakfast for the work week!

Thanks for pointing this out!!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Thank you for pointing out how quick recipes can be! new
      #22403 - 10/03/03 04:24 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Not really for me. I always make a huge mess that takes awhile to clean up and then the bread only lasts a matter of days around here. The lemon bread usually doesnt' even make it a day here. Then again that is only one loaf. My husband loves that bread. The banana lasted three days the last time and that was a record.

Re: Thank you for pointing out how quick recipes can be! new
      #22405 - 10/03/03 04:27 PM
Shell Marr

That is too funny!! Yes, one loaf is already gone. I took the other one out of the freezer this morning.... I'll have to try the lemon one...

--------------------

Re: Thank you for pointing out how quick recipes can be! For Heather new
      #22421 - 10/04/03 06:00 AM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

Hi Heather! You are SO right- it doesn't take long to make these breads. I have been baking every couple of weekends and stockpiling breads in the freezer to make sure I always have a safe snack for work and won't be tempted by the 'junk' stuff people bring in. I've been alternating beteen the chocolate applesauce, the cinnamon zucchini and the pumpkin apple spice breads-yum! I've gotten co-workers hooked on them too, and they don't even have IBS! Thanks a million- I've had no IBS episodes for over 3 months now thanks to you. Linda

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

#22423 - 10/04/03 06:15 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I find it easy to whip up a batch of bread, but usually one of my boys distracts me; therefore taking longer for me to bake. As I'm writing this my third grader is laughing and told me we don't always distract you. You are right on it doesn't take long to put together a batch of bread.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4357

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review