All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bundt Pan???
      #17310 - 08/14/03 06:20 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

I think one of the reasons my peppermint fudge cake hasnt' been turning out is maybe I am using the wrong sort of pan? I have a pan I got when I was in the States which is scalloped inside with a round shape and a hole in the centre, is this the right sort of pan? Or if not, what cake pan can I use.

Thanks

Trish

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bundt Pan??? new
      #17311 - 08/14/03 06:29 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Yep, that's a bundt pan. It should be 10" for that size cake. You could also use a 9" x 5" loaf pan.

I've had other Aussies have trouble with the recipe, so it's got to be something in the measurement or oven temp conversions, because it's pretty foolproof otherwise. What exactly is going wrong with it? Maybe I can think of something...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#17316 - 08/14/03 07:36 PM
Trish

It comes out dry usually. I used cornflour for the cornstarch, I might try using the arrowroot. I do have US measuring cups and spoons, I will try using those. Any help would be appreicated!

#17334 - 08/14/03 11:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Hi - Try the arrowroot, or omit the cornstarch altogether. Do you have US measuring cups/spoons or are you converting? If converting reduce flour by 1 T and increase applesauce by 2 T. Also, try reducing oven temp by 25 degrees F or so, and start checking the cake for doneness after just 40 minutes. My best guess is it's being overbaked. You want to take it out as soon as you get moist crumbs coming out on a toothpick inserted at center. If the toothpick comes out clean it's overdone, so start checking early enough that you get batter on the toothpick. Then check again every 5 minutes till it's nearly crumbs, then check every 2 minutes. After going through this once you should have a good bake time for your oven.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#17908 - 08/20/03 07:49 PM
Trish

Heather,

I made it and it was georgeous! YUM! I used the US measuring cups/spoons and arrowroot.

Thanks
Trish

Yay!!! -nt- new
      #17915 - 08/20/03 08:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3174

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review