All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
foods, fat %
      #1518 - 02/26/03 05:27 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

What other foods can I eat that is already made at the grocery store? I can't get corn chex, kix, etc here. The graham crackers here have honey and I dislike honey and corn pops might contain soy beans and I can't have soybeans it gives me tons of gas, gas pains, gas cramps.
Do you have to have 25% fat max in a day or from every serving of food you eat?
How many grams of fiber should you get each day?
Is there anything else for constipation I can take besides citricil, Fibercon, Fibberrific? Those things aren't sold here and I can't order from the net it won't work for my computer.
Is beano safe to take? It's not reccomended by the FDA.
Do you reccomend any specific name brand of a multivitamin mineral supplement that's easy to swallow?
I have severe cramps, bloating, fulllness, back pain, headaches, gas, gas pain, gas cramps nausea. Is there anything to take besides altoids and peppermint tea. I'm so full and bloated I can only eat 6 tiny meals a day. They are the size of small snacks, if I eat more I get constipated and get a severe attack. Please help. It's torture.
Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: foods, fat % new
      #1519 - 02/26/03 05:48 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Where are you located? You can actually go into "my home" and edit your profile to add your city and country - that's really helpful because it shows up when you post, and people can give you really good answers if they live where you do.

You want all the calories in your total daily diet to be limited to 20-25% from fat - it's best to distribute this evenly throughout meals and snacks. You don't want to eat a lot of fat at any one sitting.

Fennel tea is great for bloating - even better than peppermint.

Beano should be totally safe. It's got great research and studies behind it, and lots of IBS folks find it really useful with just about every kind of food. It's not a drug, which is why it doesn't have any FDA approval.

If you have problems with swallowing vitamins, ask your pharmacist if there's a liquid form available. And take with a meal, never on an empty stomach.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: foods, fat % new
      #1600 - 02/27/03 05:35 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Thank you very much. I appreciate it greatly.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2680

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review