All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Honey Glazed Snack Mix
      #13708 - 07/10/03 08:39 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I tried making the Honey Glazed Snack Mix this morning and put it in the microwave for 90 seconds at a time so I could stir. Well, the second time I took it out to stir, I noticed my chex were burning. Has anyone else made this mix and had trouble with it burning?

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Honey Glazed Snack Mix new
      #13717 - 07/10/03 11:06 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Microwave powers can vary. Try cooking it for 45 seconds at a time, stirring. You'll probably just need a shorter cooking time.

I think there is a past post on this - you might do a search.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#13720 - 07/10/03 11:46 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I already tried a search and couldn't find anything. I will try for less time. Do I go for the whole 5-6 mins?

--------------------
- Jennifer

#13724 - 07/10/03 12:03 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

HI! The first time I made this I burnt it black! So obviously, microwaves, DO vary. Now, I cook it on high for 90 seconds, stir, repeat, and then check. if it doesn't smell or look burnt I do about 30 more seconds and that works fine.

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

#13725 - 07/10/03 12:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - You might not need the full time. Just keep stirring every 45 seconds until the chex don't look "wet" - they'll still be sticky, they won't get totally dry. But if they start turning golden and seem more dry sticky than wet sticky, they're done. They'll dry more as they cool (but they'll still be a bit sticky).

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#13895 - 07/14/03 12:49 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi,
I burnt my first batch too. I do have a fairly powerful microwave though so I have found that I cook it for only 45 secs at a time as Heather recommended and it takes about 3-4 goes of that I find before it's ready. (My microwave is 1200 Watts).

Also I overcokked it the first time because I thought it wasn't ready seeing it wasn't sticking together but remaining loose. Since then I have found out that is the way it's meant to be and now I'm in business!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1982

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review