All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
spoiled egg white carton?
      #13209 - 07/06/03 09:41 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I keep buying egg whites in a carton - (like egg beaters brand) and not using it all. It says on the carton that it should be used in 7 days after opening. I know soy milk says the same thing and tastes just fine 2 weeks later! But I don't like to take chances with my gut so I have been throwing out half cartons of egg whites. Does anyone have any experience with this? How long do they really last and can you just tell by sniffing it if they're good or bad? Thanks, Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: spoiled egg white carton? new
      #13227 - 07/06/03 04:23 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You can freeze egg whites - might want to just put half the carton contents in a tupperware container and freeze it right off the bat. Just thaw in the fridge as needed.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#13262 - 07/06/03 09:42 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Thank you, it never occurred to me!
Also thank you Heather for your books and web site, I bought both books and began the diet exactly 4 weeks ago after a very miserable weekend (my wedding anniversary) and haven't had an attack in the past 4 weeks. (before that it had been once a week minimum)
Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#13264 - 07/06/03 09:56 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

They also now carry this kind of thing in little plastic containers with a foil type seal on the top. Each little container contains what would equal 2 eggs (I think), that way you can open a container as needed. I can't remember if it's 4 or 6 that come in the package, I just know that it's more convenient if you don't use a lot of eggs at one time.

Yay! that's so great for you! -nt- new
      #13353 - 07/07/03 12:42 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 534 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review