All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
baking with acacia..
      #129551 - 12/10/04 12:08 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

update for those following my attempts...

I put 6 tablespoons into a batch of applesauce muffins (added with teh sugar and liquid ingredients before I added the flour in!) and made a dozen muffins- so half tablespoon per muffin, turned out fine, but for some reason didn't brown as much on top as they normally do... just a note for those of you following.. taste fine.. made them today.. also put 3 tablespoons in a batch of antidepressant brownies- afraid to go more because I'm feeding them to people not on the diet too!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow, that's a lot! new
      #129659 - 12/10/04 04:59 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'll have to try increasing my amounts - I've been sticking to 1 tablespoon per batch of baked goods. But if you're using six and it's turning out - that's amazing! Those are some high fiber muffins.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Question from virgin acacia user new
      #129669 - 12/10/04 06:50 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Is it ok to put acacia in my oatmeal or cream of wheat for my morning dose? I am afraid I haven't paid a lot of attention to people's comments of this nature since I never had it before now. Does anyone think it makes water taste a little different?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Question from virgin acacia user new
      #129671 - 12/10/04 07:12 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

It's fine to add it to your hot cereal. I haven't noticed it changing the taste of the water at all.

BTW, is that YOUR cat?
I had one that looked like that. Weighed 30 lbs. for most of his 20 years, but was in excellent health, or so said the vet.

Kandee

--------------------

Amazing. new
      #129672 - 12/10/04 07:16 PM
Kandee

Amie, sounds like you maxed out the amount of acacia in your muffins. That's good news.
I haven't been baking so haven't had a chance to experiment.

Are you going to tell anyone there is SFS in the ADB? I'm grinning at the possible affects on a normal person.

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Amazing. new
      #129696 - 12/11/04 03:09 AM
khyricat

being that 3 tablespoons went into 48 mini muffin sized brownies, not going ot say a word as I figure that = 1/16 a tablespoon each! if I see someone eating a bunch I will say something...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Re: Wow, that's a lot! new
      #129700 - 12/11/04 04:31 AM
khyricat

yeah- they can sub for my mid day dose of acacia... I'm at 2.5 tbs per day... 1 eve, one AM and 1/2 during the day sometime.. I think thats the stopping point for me though...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Thanks new
      #129704 - 12/11/04 05:22 AM
Little Minnie

No that isn't my cat. I can't remember where I got that photo.
Here are my cats.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Thanks new
      #129853 - 12/12/04 11:02 AM
Kandee

Tamara, Your kitties are beautiful!!! (Not to spoiled either, I bet!! )
Thanks for sharing...

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Question from virgin acacia user new
      #129899 - 12/12/04 01:44 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I put acacia in my oatmeal every morning. I put the oats, acacia, brown sugar and then soy milk. I stir this and then add frozen blueberries. I cook it in the microwave for a couple of mins. or until the liquid is cooked out and the blueberries pop. I then add more soy milk. This works really well for me.

I think it does make water taste different. I can't drink it in plain water. I can drink cranberry juice and will add it to that or in applesauce. Sometime I will cook minute rice in the microwave for my lunch at work and I have added acacia to that before cooking. It worked fine.

--------------------
Janey

Thanks! -nt new
      #129908 - 12/12/04 02:45 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Are you kidding? I have no kids! -nt new
      #129909 - 12/12/04 02:46 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4163

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review