All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How to cook cherries?
      #12444 - 06/24/03 10:28 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Now that its prime cherry season, I was thinking of making the "Sweet Cherry Almond Cake". I actually have two questions.. From the title, I would assume you use sweet cherries (not sour?), but am uncertain since the recipe just calls for cooked cherries. Are a specific type of cherry preferred? And another thing, how exactly do you cook the cherries?

-cheme

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How to cook cherries? new
      #12448 - 06/24/03 11:02 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I usually use Bing cherries, but I've also used Rainier and even pie cherries. Didn't care for the pie cherries much, but they were okay. The cherries don't have to be sweet - sour is okay. Any type of deep dark red variety should be great. It's the cake that's sweet.

I should have noted how to cook cherries - others have asked. Simply put pitted cherries in a saucepan with a teaspoon or two of water, and bring just to a simmer. You want the cherries to cook down a bit and soften, but not disintegrate. You can also cook them in a bowl in the microwave on high for a few minutes. Drain off any excess liquid when the cherries are done cooking.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Thanks Heather! -nt- new
      #12467 - 06/25/03 06:46 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1280

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review