All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Valentines Day Brownies
      #1092 - 02/19/03 01:39 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Has anyone made these yet? I tried them and they were really yummy but I had a bit of trouble with the cooking time. I don't know if it is because my oven is not fan forced but when I checked it after 20mins it was still very runny inside. I ended up cooking it for a further 15 mins before it seemed cooked in the middle but then the cheesecake type feeling was very solid instead of being creamy. I'm not sure what sort of texture the cheesecake part should end up with or if I did something wrong.

They still tasted nice but I'm not sure if they turned out the way they were supposed to.
Maybe I need less water in the mix?

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Valentines Day Brownies new
      #1093 - 02/19/03 01:43 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Sounds like the tofu itself had too much liquid in it. Did you drain the tofu and yogurt for a day or two before using? The cheesecake part should be creamy - it will be solid enough to hold its shape but not firm.

If it was the brownie portion that did not set I'm not sure what to suggest. Baking times will always vary a little from oven to oven, but 15 minutes extra baking time is a lot.

Let me think about this...

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#1094 - 02/19/03 02:13 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks Heather,
I did drain the tofu and yoghurt for about 24hrs and I probably got about half to 3/4 cup of liquid that drained out. I used Silken tofu. Perhaps I should try silken firm?

Thanks,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#1095 - 02/19/03 02:32 PM
Trish

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Australia

I had trouble too, I cooked it for longer as it was runny still and the creamy part was not so creamy. I wonder what I did wrong. I followed the instructions

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3022

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review