All Boards >> New Board! IBS Diet Question of the Day - Ask Heather!

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Various fibres
      #373886 - 06/03/19 09:40 PM
Tiny_dancer

Reged: 06/02/19
Loc: Australia

Hi! I sat in on a discussion on GI health conducted by a naturopath. She mentioned Heathers tummy fibre, partially hydrolized guar gum and agiofibe.
I purchased all three as at that stage I was desperate to fix ibs d.
Five weeks later and Iā€™m so improved !! Miracle šŸ™ŒšŸ¼
My question though. If I take Heathers tummy fibre in the morning, the guar gum in the middle of the day and agiofibe at night is this overkill?
Do they all do different jobs ?
Also I read that Konjac is a good prebiotic, can I include that in my fibres as well?
Many thanks for your wisdom!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Various fibres new
      #373888 - 06/10/19 05:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - you can mix and match all of these or just use the tummy fiber. What is key is your dose - count all of the fibers towards your total dose in terms of grams. Start low, increase gradually, keep gradually increasing until you're stable.

You can add in konjac but it usually has a super high viscosity, so it may be hard to take as a supplement (choking risk). That's actually why they hydrolize the guar gum - if they didn't it would just gel a whole bowl of water. The tummy fiber is naturally super low viscosity, so it won't have that risk, and doesn't have to be hydrolized, which is why it can be certified organic.

XOXO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2907

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review