All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Howdy Ya'll - Long Time No Post...
      #332094 - 07/07/08 04:29 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I've stopped by and posted a few times in this thread over on the fitness boards, but I've been so gosh darn busy I've not had time to stop in the living room too!

How the heck is everyone??

Shane & I FINALLY bought a townhouse!! WWoohhooo!!! We are all moved in now.... FINALLY... but there are still some boxes that are "out of sight out of mind" (in the closet) that we still have to deal with. It's a 3 bed, 2 bath, w/one car garage...and little yard w/fence. I have my very own washer & dryer AND dishwasher...I have been living almost 10 years without!! LOL Love it!!

One of the rooms we have turned into a workout room.... with a treadmill, workout/weight bench with the works, plus I have my BIG ball as well. Last week I for the first time ever starting RUNNING on the treadmill it was only 9 minutes the 1st time.... but Sunday I managed to get in a whole mile!!

My weight loss is going wonderful.... and believe it or not... my IBS is under control...as long as watch my known triggers. It's been just over a year since I had the Lap Band weight loss surgery and changed my lifestyle to include eating right, and lots of exercise... and now I'm missing just over 70 pounds (depending on the time of month) hehehe. I've got a long road ahead... more weight to lose, more toning and then I'll need some "help" with the girls, my wings, and inner thighs..... I will also be having my varicose veins removed as well.

Ok, that's all and plenty for now.... fill me in... what's going on, what have I missed, scoop please.... I'm so out of the loop!

{{hugs & kisses}}
Shell Marr

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Howdy Ya'll - Long Time No Post... new
      #332102 - 07/07/08 06:11 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Shell ... it's good to see you posting.

Congratulations on the new home and the missing 70 pounds!

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#332104 - 07/07/08 06:21 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Shell you look fantastic!! 70lbs is phenominal!! HURRAY for you!! I've lost 65 lbs total, but it was in stages over 10 years.

And happy townhouse owners too!

I'm just starting to enjoy some summer weather. Haven't even been out on the motorcycles much this year as we've spent a month doing work on the yard - including moving 26 tons of topsoil!

Good to see you pop in - I think of you now and again and I'm glad you're doing so well!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#332120 - 07/08/08 08:21 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Hey Shell! Congratulations!!! I thought of you this weekend, actually, when I made your delicious pina colada zucchini bread. YUM!!! Anyway, you look fantastic, and keep up the great work!

My big news, if you haven't seen my other posts, is that I'm 15 weeks pregnant! I am SO grateful for the support I got on these boards. It enabled me to stabilize before my pregnancy, and now that I'm pg, IBS hasn't bothered me much at all. I've had enough other things to worry about!

And I'll be in Seattle this weekend for the SubPop festival! I've never been there before, so I'm looking forward to it. Any recommendations you have on restaurants (I'm going to be in vegan heaven!!) is much appreciated. I found a great website that lists a ton of vegetarian places, so I'm going to hit as many as I can.

Good luck to you, good to hear from you!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Woohoo Shell!!!! new
      #332142 - 07/08/08 01:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You are absolutely amazing!!! Congrats on all your hard work and success - and ENJOY your new house!

XXXOOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Vegan restaurants... new
      #332144 - 07/08/08 01:47 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

you will be in heaven, Seattle is great for this!

In Chinatown, try Shanghai Garden. Not all vegan but they can make anything vegan on request - fabulous homemade noodles, mushroom soups, veggie dishes galore, dry sauteed green beans, and some really unusual items. Just ask for things to be made with very little oil and it will be awesome.

Also in Chinatown is the best Vietnamese restaurant around, Tamarind Tree. Lots of vegan dishes, huge menu, great drinks, really beautiful atmosphere, and amazingly cheap.

Totally vegetarian restaurant, Cafe Flora, in Madison (about 5 minutes straight from downtown towards Lake Washington). Beautiful, many vegan options, sort of fancy all-American. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

B & O Cafe in Capitol Hill, open all day long, lots of veggie sandwiches, soups, Mediterranean specialties, and great with special requests.

Best Japanese in town is Maneke in Chinatown. Not just sushi, lots of homestyle Japanese dishes, easily make a complete vegan meal and the people are great. Seattle's oldest Japanese restaurant.

Really good Mexican at Mexico in Pacific Place Mall downtown. Weird location, great food, atmosphere, service. Not typical greasy Mexican at all. Veggie fajitas, specialty dishes, great with special requests, wonderful drinks (all non-alcoholic if you want).

Right next to Mexico is a beautiful Thai restaurant - can't think of the name but tons of veggie noodle and rice dishes. Also good with special requests, and great no-booze drinks.

Hope this helps and you have a great trip!

XXOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thanks!!! I'll add these to my list!! -nt- new
      #332147 - 07/08/08 04:06 PM
Lisa Marie

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

You look great, Shell. And congratulations on the new home. -nt- new
      #332155 - 07/08/08 08:02 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Thanks Double J ! :) new
      #332479 - 07/15/08 10:10 AM
Shell Marr

--------------------

#332480 - 07/15/08 10:12 AM
Shell Marr

Hi Cassandra!!

Thanks!

Oh, congrats on your 65# too.... I'm really down about 120# since my highest in 2005!!

Lovin the townhouse....

I feel ya with the yard work... we did about 8 hours on Sun in the yard...and man or man was I sore on MOnday! LOL

Hope your doing well......

Quote:

Shell you look fantastic!! 70lbs is phenominal!! HURRAY for you!! I've lost 65 lbs total, but it was in stages over 10 years.

And happy townhouse owners too!

I'm just starting to enjoy some summer weather. Haven't even been out on the motorcycles much this year as we've spent a month doing work on the yard - including moving 26 tons of topsoil!

Good to see you pop in - I think of you now and again and I'm glad you're doing so well!

--------------------

#332482 - 07/15/08 10:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey hot mama!!! Good to see you and you look fabulous darling!!!

Enjoy the new townhouse, nothing beats having your own washer and dryer!!! I so loathe the laundry mat!

Not too much new with me, still struggling to get all my medical issues taken care of. The remicade infusions are working pretty well. Now I have on a 48 hour heart monitor, my heart rate is always high but I think I will do something silly to get it really high and see if I can freak the cardiologist out a bit!! I also see a urologist in 2 weeks and an endocrinologist next month. Overall, I am having less pain but more shortness of breath. Mentally, I am doing well, now that I have a name to my beast, I can learn to cohabitate with it! LOL!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#332506 - 07/15/08 01:31 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow! You look great!

Ooh, your townhouse sounds fabulous. Congrats!

Re: Hey Shell! new
      #332559 - 07/16/08 10:18 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

You look great. Glad to hear all the good news. My hubby & I are tring for a baby & I'm going to be looking for a new job soon.
There's my update!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#333466 - 07/28/08 03:02 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey Shell! Congratulations!!! I thought of you this weekend, actually, when I made your delicious pina colada zucchini bread. YUM!!! Anyway, you look fantastic, and keep up the great work!

My big news, if you haven't seen my other posts, is that I'm 15 weeks pregnant! I am SO grateful for the support I got on these boards. It enabled me to stabilize before my pregnancy, and now that I'm pg, IBS hasn't bothered me much at all. I've had enough other things to worry about!

And I'll be in Seattle this weekend for the SubPop festival! I've never been there before, so I'm looking forward to it. Any recommendations you have on restaurants (I'm going to be in vegan heaven!!) is much appreciated. I found a great website that lists a ton of vegetarian places, so I'm going to hit as many as I can.

Good luck to you, good to hear from you!

Hi Lisa!! Oh, I need to make that bread.... now that I have a NORMAL size freezer, I can bake and store! Glad you liked it!

Congrats on baby!! I'm glad your doing well...

Did you have fun in Seattle?? Sorry I did not read your post until now, but I see that Heather did...so hopefully you got some good ideas.

--------------------

Re: Woohoo Shell!!!! new
      #333467 - 07/28/08 03:08 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You are absolutely amazing!!! Congrats on all your hard work and success - and ENJOY your new house!

XXXOOO
H

Thanks Heather my love.... in so many ways! xoxo

--------------------

Re: You look great, Shell. And congratulations on the new home. new
      #333468 - 07/28/08 03:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You look great, Shell. And congratulations on the new home.

Thanks Sand.... i'm just lovin it all!!

--------------------

#333469 - 07/28/08 03:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey hot mama!!! Good to see you and you look fabulous darling!!!

Enjoy the new townhouse, nothing beats having your own washer and dryer!!! I so loathe the laundry mat!

Not too much new with me, still struggling to get all my medical issues taken care of. The remicade infusions are working pretty well. Now I have on a 48 hour heart monitor, my heart rate is always high but I think I will do something silly to get it really high and see if I can freak the cardiologist out a bit!! I also see a urologist in 2 weeks and an endocrinologist next month. Overall, I am having less pain but more shortness of breath. Mentally, I am doing well, now that I have a name to my beast, I can learn to cohabitate with it! LOL!!

Michele:

I think of you often....even if I'm not on the board much anymore.

I hate the landromats too.... never again!!

LOL I hope you did not really freak out your cardio dr!!!

I'm glad you in less pain... but the breathing? Please keep me posted....even if it takes me weeks to reply sometimes!! LOL

Take care sweetie!

--------------------

#333470 - 07/28/08 03:13 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wow! You look great!

Ooh, your townhouse sounds fabulous. Congrats!

Thanks Maria!

How are YOU??

--------------------

Re: Hey Shell! new
      #333471 - 07/28/08 03:16 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You look great. Glad to hear all the good news. My hubby & I are tring for a baby & I'm going to be looking for a new job soon.
There's my update!

Thanks Kiwii....

How exciting you guys are trying for a baby!! Best of luck!! Also with your job search too!

--------------------

#333474 - 07/28/08 04:12 PM
Lisa Marie

Seattle was great, and the weather was perfect!! We were aptly armed with a list of veggie restaurant addresses and a GPS unit in our rental car, so we had a great time! DH is going back to Seattle this weekend for work, and I've already requested that he bring some yummy vegan donuts back home with him. Hope you are still doing well

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#333584 - 07/30/08 09:13 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Seattle was great, and the weather was perfect!! We were aptly armed with a list of veggie restaurant addresses and a GPS unit in our rental car, so we had a great time! DH is going back to Seattle this weekend for work, and I've already requested that he bring some yummy vegan donuts back home with him. Hope you are still doing well

Lisa:

Glad you enjoyed Seattle....

All is good here other then my left knee is giving me a little touble.... I THINK it's just over use (crossing fingers). I was not able to do all my moves in kickboxing class last night and will take the next two days off from the gym to let it rest. I put on a bengay patch last night and then seems to of helped a little.

--------------------

#333596 - 07/30/08 10:01 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hey Shell it's good to see you! You look wonderful and I am so glad things are going well for you. I was just thinking the other day how much I miss some of the "oldies" here. I check in often but don't find time to post like I use to. I guess those of us that are stable and are doing well don't need the support like we use to. I am glad to see you check in and congrats on the new place too!

#333712 - 07/31/08 05:35 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

OMG Shell, you look gorgeous!!!! I'm so proud of you and how hard you have and are working to loose weight. Your new picture is beautiful.

Keep up the good work girlie!

--------------------
Janey

#334049 - 08/05/08 03:13 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey Shell it's good to see you! You look wonderful and I am so glad things are going well for you. I was just thinking the other day how much I miss some of the "oldies" here. I check in often but don't find time to post like I use to. I guess those of us that are stable and are doing well don't need the support like we use to. I am glad to see you check in and congrats on the new place too!

I think your so right Angela.... once you get stable... you just don't "hang out" on the boards so much...looking for help...but I wish I still had more time to share. I miss some many people here and reading about what is going on....but man, there are so many newER posters....I'm lost! LOL

Glad to see you too!! See ya at the next check in!

--------------------

I know what you mean new
      #334203 - 08/07/08 05:13 PM
Janey

I really miss all our old friends and I also really miss how the Living Room used to be. The conversations were fun and light and a way to forget about IBS problems.

Too bad we couldn't have a reunion on the boards.

--------------------
Janey

Re: I know what you mean new
      #334246 - 08/08/08 04:59 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Why not post an "all call" for all "your friends" - a catch up reunion???? When you share a history with people, I know it's important to keep in touch.
I'm sorry there are so many of us "newcomers" and that so many of us just discovered this website and need help. There are days when people are lighthearted, but then there are days when people are desperate and don't know where to turn. If these things should not be posted under the "Living Room" - then please re-direct us. I've looked at all the headings and many times it's general questions - out of desperation - not diet or fitness or research or yoga or hypnosis related.
I think there's room for both - people who are stable and doing well and those just starting the nightmare and seeking help.
I believe everything we walk through and survive, is meant to help someone else at some time in our lives... But, that's just me.

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

GaGa new
      #334252 - 08/08/08 05:55 PM
Janey

No need to be sorry. There is no right or wrong it is just different. Things change over time and different people need different things.

I think it is a natural course of the boards for people to drift away. Most of us feel very close to the friends we make here because each one of us knows exactly what others are going through, unlike those who do not have IBS.

It was not my intention to make you feel bad about anything that you post here or take away from the support that you or anyone else needs. I was just expressing my feelings of missing the way things used to be when I was on the boards a lot more and I knew most of the people who were posting.

I have certainly had many moments of feeling despair over IBS issues and other things in my life. It is very comforting to be able to come to friends who stand with open arms to give their caring and support. When I said I missed the way The Living Room used to be I really miss the feeling of comfort that comes from knowing others on the boards.

--------------------
Janey

Wait Wait Wait...... (long ramble) new
      #334257 - 08/08/08 09:56 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Why not post an "all call" for all "your friends" - a catch up reunion???? When you share a history with people, I know it's important to keep in touch.
I'm sorry there are so many of us "newcomers" and that so many of us just discovered this website and need help. There are days when people are lighthearted, but then there are days when people are desperate and don't know where to turn. If these things should not be posted under the "Living Room" - then please re-direct us. I've looked at all the headings and many times it's general questions - out of desperation - not diet or fitness or research or yoga or hypnosis related.
I think there's room for both - people who are stable and doing well and those just starting the nightmare and seeking help.
I believe everything we walk through and survive, is meant to help someone else at some time in our lives... But, that's just me.

No need to be sorry. There is no right or wrong it is just different. Things change over time and different people need different things.

I think it is a natural course of the boards for people to drift away. Most of us feel very close to the friends we make here because each one of us knows exactly what others are going through, unlike those who do not have IBS.

It was not my intention to make you feel bad about anything that you post here or take away from the support that you or anyone else needs. I was just expressing my feelings of missing the way things used to be when I was on the boards a lot more and I knew most of the people who were posting.

I have certainly had many moments of feeling despair over IBS issues and other things in my life. It is very comforting to be able to come to friends who stand with open arms to give their caring and support. When I said I missed the way The Living Room used to be I really miss the feeling of comfort that comes from knowing others on the boards.

Yeah, hold the phones....put on the breaks... neither Janey nor I were saying we have a problem with the boards or ANYONE on there... a few years back...there was just a "new wave" of newER posters...and that included Janey and I... it's kind of like the pregnancy boards... you get attached and "grow with" those that are in the same term you are in....you share things about your appointment, your plans for the nursery, your showers, your baby names....then you have your baby...post pics.... etc etc etc.... you come back for first time mother questions.... answer a few posts when your awake when baby starts sleeping thur the night...then before you know it....it's a few days before you post another comment to another new mothers baby pics or ask a new question, then it turns into weeks, then months, you post a "hello" and a few new pics... then before you know it.....a year has past and your baby is almost a year old... you go back to the board and WOW...guess who is also there??? Those that were posting several times a day with you a year ago...also "checking in"... does that make sense??? It's not that we don't need or not like being here...it's just that our questions got answered, we figured out what did and did not work... for us. At some point it really is a good thing when you don't need or want or have to post all the time....but if you do there is nothing wrong with that either... we all progress at different rates. Example: Janey probably knows WAY more about me, my IBS, my family, my strange sense of humor, my gym stories, my weight loss stories, Vegas, etc etc then she really cares to know...but because we "grew together" at the same time we relate with each other and also miss hearing the scoop about each other. But you on the other hand only know about me from the time that you joined the board...which by this time I was not around as much...so unless you went back and read my posted from 4 years ago...you don't know all that much about me. I'm so rambling on...someone stop me...!! We did not mean to ruffle any feathers here..... you keep posting please and we will keep checking in..... K?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review