All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Melissa finally spills the beans...
      #192294 - 07/06/05 12:39 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

after much "persuasion" from the girls.

Honestly, I wasn't going to post this, because I'm never around anymore, and I lost touch with everything that goes on around here, that I felt like what right do I have to post this. (Hope that makes sense and doesn't sound rude..sometimes I have a hard time expressing myself clearly. ) I just went through so much in the past 1 1/2 years, and when my computer went down for over a month...I just couldn't get back on track or keep up with everyone! So anyway, enough of my babbling. So, here ya go - I'm just going to paste the email I sent out here.

Just wanted to let you all know the good news....

Mikey and I are getting married!

Oh, and hi BTW! LOL

So, I know I'm crap at keeping in touch with you all, but you should know that I think of ya's all the time. And, I do get the occasional email in there! But seriously, I wanted to share my good news with you.

As you know, Mikey and I have been together for quite awhile now. In ways it seems like forever, and yet it seems like it only just begun. He's my best friend, my soul mate, and I've never been happier or more sure of anything in my whole entire life. I feel so lucky and blessed! So on to the proposal details!

On Saturday, Mikey's parents were having their annual 4th of July bash. So, I drove over to his house on Saturday afternoon so we could head over. Well, on the way to the party, we stopped at The Jug to pick up ice, at least that's what he said as we pulled in. (The Jug is short for The Jughandle Inn, a local bar, BTW.) On the way walking in to get ice, he stopped me, pulled out a card and told me I had to read it right there. This also happened to be the spot where we had our first kiss. So, I read the card (lots of mushy stuff! LOL), and when I was finished he pointed to the sign for the Jug. I looked over and saw "FWOGGY WILL YOU MARRY ME". (I'm Fwoggy, BTW. LOL) See pic below:

This sign is on a main highway BTW. Anyway, I said, "Holy [censored]!" (yes, my dad said, "Isn't she so romantic!" LMAO), and he whipped out the ring and asked me, to which I said YES!!!!! Then, after lots of kissing and hugging, he said, "Let's go in," so I said, "Do we still need to get ice?" (Duh, can you tell I was flustered? LOL) We walk in and there's Matt (his son) playing a video game, and his dad and aunt were at a table. Mikey turns to me and says, "BTW, there's no party today - it's on Monday." We all hung out for a little while and my dad and his GF showed up so we ate dinner, and that was that!

And his aunt kept Matt for the night. hehe

Oh, and since EVERYONE keeps asking what the heck is up with "Fwoggy", I might as well tell you that also. Last year, Piper dug a hole in my car seat, so I patched it up and I wanted to get seat covers. Mikey and I went to the store to check them out, and I saw ones with a pair of frogs sitting on a branch on them. Haha - here there are! http://www.frogstore.com/catalog/Treefrogs-Bucket-Seat-Cover-One-p-3303.html For the heck of it, I just tried searching for them online and there they were...LOL Anyway, Mikey ended up going back to the store and buying them for me and surprising me with them later that week. So, one day Mikey said the frogs were us and he was the one on the right cuz he's always looking over at me! LOL So, somehow we started calling each other Froggy and it eventually (don't remember when or how) it evolved into Fwog or Fwoggy.

So, we are actually considering doing the deed when we go to Vegas for the Fall Sprawl. Still thinking on that one though. If not, we will be going to a local place called Cathedral of the Woods. (Sharon, don't know if you are familiar with it - it's in Medford). I love this place. Here's a pic of it: http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/newJersey/CathedralOfTheWoods.php

Oh yeah, and I LOVE the ring. It is based off of this design: http://www.custom-engagement-rings.com/images/heather14wlg.jpg

The end.

Hope all of you are doing well!

Melissa
XXOO

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Melissa finally spills the beans... new
      #192299 - 07/06/05 12:45 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

WOOHOO!

I am still voting for a Vegas wedding with Shelley and I as the flower girls. LOL Kandee can be the entertainment with the midget.

Ooh and I LOVE the ring! Not sure if you sent that link before, but it's absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations again!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192303 - 07/06/05 12:47 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Wooohooo Girl!!! I am so happy for you...and Mikey of course. What a sweet proposal!!!

Jenny and Shell would make lovely bridesmaids!!! I was thinking you could have the songs Legs....as your wedding song...but change it to "She's got IBS" And she knows how to control it!!" LOL

Keep us posted on the plans girl!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Congratulations!!! -nt- new
      #192305 - 07/06/05 12:49 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#192306 - 07/06/05 12:50 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Jenny and Shell would make lovely bridesmaids!!! I was thinking you could have the songs Legs....as your wedding song...but change it to "She's got IBS" And she knows how to control it!!" LOL

LMAO! Oh man.. we've been floating ideas of a periwinkle wedding. Poor Melissa.. we're planning her imaginary Vegas wedding for her. Won't blame you a bit if you want to have it in NJ!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192309 - 07/06/05 12:51 PM
Lana_Marie

Ok, best idea yet...maybe you could have the wedding at my scrapbooking store!! Seriously I would more than happy to decorate the shelves with some garland for you and I have a back classroom that is three steps us and would be perfect for the priest (or mini elvis in your case) to pronounce you man and wife LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192310 - 07/06/05 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I'm gonna cry again....

Now don't forget I'm one of the flower girls if you DO do it in Vegas for Fall Sprawl.... and if nothing else, I'll still be wearing my periwinkle underwear!! LOL

I'M SOOOOO VERY VERY HAPPY for BOTH of you... you are the perfect couple... and after meeting both you and Mikey in Vegas last year I KNEW you two would be married someday!!

So, just let us know if we need to plan a batchlore/batchlorette parties, a wedding, or BOTH in Vegas!! LOL

P.S. you are ALWAYS part of these board and don't ever feel like you can't share things with us... we all go MIA from time to time!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#192311 - 07/06/05 12:55 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

P.S. you are ALWAYS part of these board and don't ever feel like you can't share things with us... we all go MIA from time to time!!

Ditto!

--------------------
- Jennifer

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! -nt- new
      #192312 - 07/06/05 12:56 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

#192317 - 07/06/05 12:59 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey, very cool!!!!

Congrats Melissa.

#192322 - 07/06/05 01:04 PM
Lana_Marie

I was just coming on here to say the same as Shell andJen!

I have been MIA way too much since Ben was born and come to think of it - since I got pregnant with Ben - but that doesn't mean that I still don't have friends here...I have to share my excitement with the girls here - they are my second family and very understanding about my missing lapses LOL

PS - The other girls on here that I don't know well here - seem wonderful too!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Congrats! :) How fun...and I love the sign! -nt- new
      #192329 - 07/06/05 01:09 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

--------------------
~Cara~

Oh, my gosh new
      #192332 - 07/06/05 01:14 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

your post made me want to cry! How sweet!

Congratulations to you! You are one lucky woman. I hope you two will be very happy together.

Thanks for letting us know. We've missed you around here.

CONGRATS!!!! -nt- new
      #192333 - 07/06/05 01:15 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

CONGRATS! -nt- new
      #192343 - 07/06/05 01:39 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow! new
      #192348 - 07/06/05 01:44 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

LOVE the ring btw.

Man...if you guys make it the Fall Sprawl, that would be so cool!

Congrats! That is so sweet! -nt- new
      #192349 - 07/06/05 01:45 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: Congrats! What a Great Story! nt new
      #192372 - 07/06/05 02:26 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Congratulations!!! new
      #192374 - 07/06/05 02:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oh, what a sweet story! That absolutely rocks... congratulations!

And if you get married in Vegas, I will be so jealous... Adam thinks I'm joking, but that's seriously my dream wedding. Hehe.

Oh, and that ring is gorgeous - I love the designs on that site!

Congratulations and good luck!! -nt- new
      #192377 - 07/06/05 02:31 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#192409 - 07/06/05 03:48 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Congratulations, sweetheart. That's just wonderful news. John and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. We're so in love! Just wait till you have kids! You think you love him now! Just wait!!!! Don't feel bad about posting! I'm sure you still check in daily to do your moderator duties on the EFI board! You're still here!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Congrats, Melissa!!!! -nt- new
      #192424 - 07/06/05 04:06 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: How romantic....Contrats! Oh and beautiful ring -nt- new
      #192435 - 07/06/05 04:24 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Best of luck to you! Congrats!!!! new
      #192460 - 07/06/05 05:49 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thanks everyone! new
      #192716 - 07/07/05 09:10 AM
*Melissa*

I'm so in love and so happy!! I love telling the world about it! (You can stop gagging now Lana! LOL Don't worry Tina and Tommy...I make her sick all the time, so you two definitely shouldn't tone it down any! hehe)

OK, I guess I should have known better about the MIA thing. Thanks girls!

I have missed it around here. I called out sick today (ha ha!) and have been lying in bed with my laptop all day. I caught up on emails (got my inbox down from over 100 to about 35 - good grief!), updated the birthday list, and now I'm reading posts....it feels nice! I think I may call out again tomorrow!

I'll keep you all posted on what we decide to do. Heck, maybe we'll do both! LOL J/K

Thanks for all the well wishes!

#192719 - 07/07/05 09:13 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

LMAO! Oh man.. we've been floating ideas of a periwinkle wedding. Poor Melissa.. we're planning her imaginary Vegas wedding for her. Won't blame you a bit if you want to have it in NJ!

You don't even want to know the periwinkle items these girls have been sending me links to! LOL Or the crazy plans they are making. Even if we don't do the wedding there, just with there being one coming up, I have a feeling this year's sprawl will be very interesting....LOL

Re: Congratulations!!! new
      #192724 - 07/07/05 09:21 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Oh, what a sweet story! That absolutely rocks... congratulations!

And if you get married in Vegas, I will be so jealous... Adam thinks I'm joking, but that's seriously my dream wedding. Hehe. Maybe you should come to the Sprawl and get married!

Oh, and that ring is gorgeous - I love the designs on that site! Thanks! For everyone that liked the ring...we found that pic online and he took it and had it made at his family jeweler. The design on the side is a tiny bit different, but pretty close. Plus, the fact that it was the "Heather" design, I figured that was a good sign! LOL J/K I love my ring!

Re: Thanks everyone! new
      #192820 - 07/07/05 12:13 PM
Lana_Marie

Quote:

I'm so in love and so happy!! I love telling the world about it! (You can stop gagging now Lana! LOL Don't worry Tina and Tommy...I make her sick all the time, so you two definitely shouldn't tone it down any! hehe)

Mags is right, it is a phone conversation with me and Mags until I gag atleast once LMAO - But I happy for you all!! It's nice to see people so in love.

PS - Now am I gonna have to come to Fall Sprawl??? Is that where this wedding is taking place?? Just wondering - so I know if I should be seriously considering it this year - beside I will have to come there a few times for dress fitting so I need to book tickets soon LMAO

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192834 - 07/07/05 12:23 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Quote:

PS - Now am I gonna have to come to Fall Sprawl??? Is that where this wedding is taking place?? Just wondering - so I know if I should be seriously considering it this year - beside I will have to come there a few times for dress fitting so I need to book tickets soon LMAO

Hey I was wondering the same thing . Of course I don't think I would be able to go this year either since I will still be nursing little Zoe but who knows. Congratulatios again Melissa.

Lana- Is it hard not to call Melissa Mags? I just can't seem to call her Melissa.

#192837 - 07/07/05 12:27 PM
Lana_Marie

I know I am terrible - even when I call her house I call her Mags!! Her poor dad was like "Oh Melissa, yeah she's here LOL"

I guess it doesn't bother her though because her momma calls her that too.

Although I have to be honest, I primarily call her Maggie Mae LOL

PS - How are you Heidi!!! How are those girls of yours doing? I haven't spoke with you in forever and miss you like crazy!!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192838 - 07/07/05 12:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

This is WONDERFUL news Melissa *hugs* *hugs* *hugs*

I must say...I thought you two were married already LOL

You guys are ADORABLE! I hope you have a wonderful life together *big hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#192839 - 07/07/05 12:29 PM
Lana_Marie

Ruch,

She was engaged a while ago to someone else, but she broke it off (and for the best in my opinion) and has since met dear Mikey whom she is in love with asyou can tell LOL

Sorry Mags - but I thought I would help you out with the explanation on this one considering I can understand the confusion as Don had said the same thing to me last night LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#192880 - 07/07/05 01:45 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

Mags is right, it is a phone conversation with me and Mags until I gag atleast once LMAO - But I happy for you all!! It's nice to see people so in love.

Well, if you would show up for the Sprawl if I got married there, that could definitely influence me to do it there.

#192881 - 07/07/05 01:47 PM
*Melissa*

That goes for you too Heidi! You coming could be more influence on my decision...LOL

Maybe Casey could come and we could have a grand IBS double wedding! LOL

#192884 - 07/07/05 01:51 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Ruch,

She was engaged a while ago to someone else, but she broke it off (and for the best in my opinion) and has since met dear Mikey whom she is in love with asyou can tell LOL

Sorry Mags - but I thought I would help you out with the explanation on this one considering I can understand the confusion as Don had said the same thing to me last night LOL

Thank you Ruchie and thanks for the explanation Lana!

#192888 - 07/07/05 01:54 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm SO embarassed! I'm sorry...

*slumps down in chair*

Thanks Lana...again, I'm sorry I'm just so out of it!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#192889 - 07/07/05 01:55 PM
*Melissa*

No biggie! Don't worry about it!

#192894 - 07/07/05 02:01 PM

Unregistered

Yay congratulations!!! That's such a cute story I had to read it again!

You'll have to tell us what you decide about Vegas or not. You just have to promise to take pictures whatever you do!

Yay again!

Lana's coming! new
      #192900 - 07/07/05 02:03 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Quote:

Well, if you would show up for the Sprawl if I got married there, that could definitely influence me to do it there.

And bring Benny too! Oh yah, and the hubby.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192907 - 07/07/05 02:07 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Yay congratulations!!! That's such a cute story I had to read it again! LOL, that's too cute! And thank you.

You'll have to tell us what you decide about Vegas or not. You just have to promise to take pictures whatever you do! Absolutely! I'll post pictures either way!

Yay again!

Congratulations! new
      #192950 - 07/07/05 02:47 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

This is a little late but congratulations And it's nice to see you back...I'm glad you decided to share your good news with us!

Kelly

#192993 - 07/07/05 04:30 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Congrlations Melissa. How exciting for you!!!! How much more romantic could Mikey have proposed to you and your ring is beautiful.

Make sure you keep us posted with wedding updates and glad to see you haven't disappeared.

Huge congratulations to you two!!!!! new
      #193020 - 07/07/05 05:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

That is so super wonderful, Melissa! Give yourself and Mikey a gigantic hug from me and Will. Can't wait to see you in Vegas and hug you in person.

Now, about the whole flower girl issue. I am willing to duke this out with Jennifer Rose and Shell, because my whole entire life I have never, ever been a flower girl. My cousin, who is my age, got to be a flower girl FIVE TIMES when we were little. Me, I got nada. My favorite uncle promised me that if he ever got married, I could be his flower girl. He didn't get married till I was 20, and he actually asked me if I still wanted to be his flower girl, but the look on his bride-to-be's face was so horrifying I had to politely back out so I didn't ruin her wedding (even though I secretly really wanted to still do it).

ANYWAY....I am totally here for you if you love the idea of a 36 year old flower girl with an air of desperation.

Seriously, I am truly thrilled for you, and I hope you do have the wedding in Vegas so I can see you two offically start a long, wonderful life together.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Congratulations...! new
      #193025 - 07/07/05 05:37 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

What a wonderful story! So romantic!
I wish you both the best! Congrats!

Re: Huge congratulations to you two!!!!! new
      #193085 - 07/07/05 08:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That is so super wonderful, Melissa! Give yourself and Mikey a gigantic hug from me and Will. Can't wait to see you in Vegas and hug you in person.

Now, about the whole flower girl issue. I am willing to duke this out with Jennifer Rose and Shell, because my whole entire life I have never, ever been a flower girl. My cousin, who is my age, got to be a flower girl FIVE TIMES when we were little. Me, I got nada. My favorite uncle promised me that if he ever got married, I could be his flower girl. He didn't get married till I was 20, and he actually asked me if I still wanted to be his flower girl, but the look on his bride-to-be's face was so horrifying I had to politely back out so I didn't ruin her wedding (even though I secretly really wanted to still do it). I guess she will just have 3 then.... cuz I will be 1 month away from 36 at the time and I have not been a flower girl...nor have I ever been IN a wedding (besides my own)...lol

ANYWAY....I am totally here for you if you love the idea of a 36 year old flower girl with an air of desperation.

Seriously, I am truly thrilled for you, and I hope you do have the wedding in Vegas so I can see you two offically start a long, wonderful life together.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------

Congratulations Melissa!! Such wonderful news! new
      #193110 - 07/08/05 01:00 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

You sound head over heels in love! Woohoo! It's so nice to hear about people who are so happy! It shows the rest of us 'love-challenged' (aka single) folks that it really does exist...Have fun planning your wedding, wherever it may be

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -nt- new
      #193118 - 07/08/05 05:08 AM
tnchawk

Loc: New Ken, PA

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#193145 - 07/08/05 06:43 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Love, hugs and kisses from me to you both. You 2 make the nicest couple and I just knew your were meant for each other the minute I met you.

Quote:

Quote:

Now, about the whole flower girl issue. I am willing to duke this out with Jennifer Rose and Shell, because my whole entire life I have never, ever been a flower girl. My cousin, who is my age, got to be a flower girl FIVE TIMES when we were little. Me, I got nada. My favorite uncle promised me that if he ever got married, I could be his flower girl. He didn't get married till I was 20, and he actually asked me if I still wanted to be his flower girl, but the look on his bride-to-be's face was so horrifying I had to politely back out so I didn't ruin her wedding (even though I secretly really wanted to still do it). I guess she will just have 3 then.... cuz I will be 1 month away from 36 at the time and I have not been a flower girl...nor have I ever been IN a wedding (besides my own)...lol

XXOO
Heather

I'm laughing so hard at this since I've never known anyone, besides you 3 who have wanted to be a flower girls so much!

This ought to prove interesting. Melissa, if you leave the Vegas wedding planning up to us, you just never know what you'll get...but I promise it will be interesting, not to mention a little crazy! Kandee

--------------------

#193163 - 07/08/05 07:08 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

So happy for you Melissa! May you two live happily ever after...

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#193177 - 07/08/05 07:40 AM
torbetta

LOL, I actually looked last night to see how much it would cost. I have no idea how we would work it out. It would have to be a short weekend and I'm not sure Zoe would survive lol. Oh wait maybe she would since you all would spoil her. She loves people. Finding someone to take the older girls and getting them to school would be difficult.

#193182 - 07/08/05 07:53 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Love, hugs and kisses from me to you both. You 2 make the nicest couple and I just knew your were meant for each other the minute I met you.

Quote:

Quote:

Now, about the whole flower girl issue. I am willing to duke this out with Jennifer Rose and Shell, because my whole entire life I have never, ever been a flower girl. My cousin, who is my age, got to be a flower girl FIVE TIMES when we were little. Me, I got nada. My favorite uncle promised me that if he ever got married, I could be his flower girl. He didn't get married till I was 20, and he actually asked me if I still wanted to be his flower girl, but the look on his bride-to-be's face was so horrifying I had to politely back out so I didn't ruin her wedding (even though I secretly really wanted to still do it). I guess she will just have 3 then.... cuz I will be 1 month away from 36 at the time and I have not been a flower girl...nor have I ever been IN a wedding (besides my own)...lol Well, you 3 will just have to work it out somehow. I can't believe I'll have 3 flower girls and no bridesmaids! LOL But, I thought Queen Heather would be getting ordained and performing the ceremony herself ....unless we find our midget Elvis.

XXOO
Heather

I'm laughing so hard at this since I've never known anyone, besides you 3 who have wanted to be a flower girls so much!

This ought to prove interesting. Melissa, if you leave the Vegas wedding planning up to us, you just never know what you'll get...but I promise it will be interesting, not to mention a little crazy! Kandee I know! In a way it scares me and in a way I like it! I bet it would be memorable, that's for sure! LMAO

#193184 - 07/08/05 07:56 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

LOL, I actually looked last night to see how much it would cost. I have no idea how we would work it out. It would have to be a short weekend and I'm not sure Zoe would survive lol. Oh wait maybe she would since you all would spoil her. She loves people. Finding someone to take the older girls and getting them to school would be difficult.

Well, if you decide to do it, let us know - that would be so exciting!

#193186 - 07/08/05 08:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now, about the whole flower girl issue. I am willing to duke this out with Jennifer Rose and Shell, because my whole entire life I have never, ever been a flower girl. My cousin, who is my age, got to be a flower girl FIVE TIMES when we were little. Me, I got nada. My favorite uncle promised me that if he ever got married, I could be his flower girl. He didn't get married till I was 20, and he actually asked me if I still wanted to be his flower girl, but the look on his bride-to-be's face was so horrifying I had to politely back out so I didn't ruin her wedding (even though I secretly really wanted to still do it). I guess she will just have 3 then.... cuz I will be 1 month away from 36 at the time and I have not been a flower girl...nor have I ever been IN a wedding (besides my own)...lol Well, you 3 will just have to work it out somehow. I can't believe I'll have 3 flower girls and no bridesmaids! LOL But, I thought Queen Heather would be getting ordained and performing the ceremony herself ....unless we find our midget Elvis. Oh that's right...forgot to tell her that one!! LOL I know... we can have Jen's Mikey, Shane, & Will dress up and be your bridesmaids!! LMAO!!!

XXOO
Heather

This ought to prove interesting. Melissa, if you leave the Vegas wedding planning up to us, you just never know what you'll get...but I promise it will be interesting, not to mention a little crazy! Kandee I know! In a way it scares me and in a way I like it! I bet it would be memorable, that's for sure! LMAO

--------------------

#193192 - 07/08/05 08:25 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Quote:

Now, about the whole flower girl issue. I am willing to duke this out with Jennifer Rose and Shell, because my whole entire life I have never, ever been a flower girl. My cousin, who is my age, got to be a flower girl FIVE TIMES when we were little. Me, I got nada. My favorite uncle promised me that if he ever got married, I could be his flower girl. He didn't get married till I was 20, and he actually asked me if I still wanted to be his flower girl, but the look on his bride-to-be's face was so horrifying I had to politely back out so I didn't ruin her wedding (even though I secretly really wanted to still do it). I guess she will just have 3 then.... cuz I will be 1 month away from 36 at the time and I have not been a flower girl...nor have I ever been IN a wedding (besides my own)...lol Well, you 3 will just have to work it out somehow. I can't believe I'll have 3 flower girls and no bridesmaids! LOL But, I thought Queen Heather would be getting ordained and performing the ceremony herself ....unless we find our midget Elvis. Oh that's right...forgot to tell her that one!! LOL I know... we can have Jen's Mikey, Shane, & Will dress up and be your bridesmaids!! LMAO!!!

This ought to prove interesting. Melissa, if you leave the Vegas wedding planning up to us, you just never know what you'll get...but I promise it will be interesting, not to mention a little crazy! Kandee
I know! In a way it scares me and in a way I like it! I bet it would be memorable, that's for sure! LMAO

Omg.. I am LMAO!

Okay, okay.. I'm backing out of the flower girl race and am stepping up to claim dibs on being a bridesmaid. Especially since there will be no way in heck that I will convince my Mikey to be a bridesmaid. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

Yay! I finally have a BM! new
      #193202 - 07/08/05 08:41 AM
*Melissa*

And that's bridesmaid...not bowel movement!

Anyone for MOH? hehe

Re: Yay! I finally have a BM! new
      #193226 - 07/08/05 09:51 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Anyone for MOH? hehe

OK, Heather can have flowergirl.... I'll take MOH!! That means I get to be incharge of your BATCHOLRETTE PARTY!!! wwwwwwooooohhhhhooooooo!!!!

--------------------

#193239 - 07/08/05 10:46 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone for MOH? hehe

OK, Heather can have flowergirl.... I'll take MOH!! That means I get to be incharge of your BATCHOLRETTE PARTY!!! wwwwwwooooohhhhhooooooo!!!!

Holy crap..

I think I need to schedule a week vacation after I get back from Vegas just to recover from the bachlorette party if Shelley is planning it!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#193245 - 07/08/05 11:05 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone for MOH? hehe

Holy crap..

I think I need to schedule a week vacation after I get back from Vegas just to recover from the bachlorette party if Shelley is planning it!

HEHEHE {{devilish laugh}}

--------------------

#193274 - 07/08/05 12:04 PM
Lana_Marie

Bologna Ya'll are Bridesmaids!!! I am so the first bridesmaid - I so wanna be MOH - that was my first option!! I can't believe you are going to give that position away.

*throws hand up in the air* Looks like I will have to unbook my Vegas tickets!!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#193283 - 07/08/05 12:14 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Bologna Ya'll are Bridesmaids!!! I am so the first bridesmaid - I so wanna be MOH - that was my first option!! I can't believe you are going to give that position away.

*throws hand up in the air* Looks like I will have to unbook my Vegas tickets!!!!

No, don't go getttin your panties in a bunch!! LOL You can be MOH... I'll be a BM too and I'll just share my ideas with you for the batchlorette party and if it gets out of hand.... you can blame it on me...hehehe BOOK THOSE TICKETS GIRL!!

--------------------

#193361 - 07/08/05 02:33 PM
Lana_Marie

Consider my panties untwisted!!! You girls were scaring me there for a minute!!

Ok, so who is gonna marry these two kiddos - is that Miss Kandee Kane!! LOL

How about wedding favors - what are we, I mean, they going to do for those...maybe some disposable cameras on the table considering there will definitely be pictures required if Shell AND JEN AND I AND MAGS are all together....Oh yes and please let us page Heidi - If I am coming I will be making a stop over (across the country) to pick her up LOL

Oh I know - maybe they could give away sachets of herbal tummy teas tied with ribbon that says that for a sharing our BM (ie: Big Moment - Again, not bowel Movement LMAO)

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Aw, congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!! -nt- new
      #193365 - 07/08/05 03:06 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

OMG - ROFLMAO! new
      #193367 - 07/08/05 03:09 PM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Oh I know - maybe they could give away sachets of herbal tummy teas tied with ribbon that says that for a sharing our BM (ie: Big Moment - Again, not bowel Movement LMAO)

Somebody better warn the authorities if all 4 of us are in the same location.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: OMG - ROFLMAO! new
      #193390 - 07/08/05 03:59 PM
Lana_Marie

Clearly!!! I mean, look at us when we have time to think about posts!!! Pretty tame - but I don't think we can all be this controlled when we are standing in front of each other!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#193451 - 07/08/05 05:53 PM
torbetta

Quote:

Consider my panties untwisted!!! You girls were scaring me there for a minute!!

Ok, so who is gonna marry these two kiddos - is that Miss Kandee Kane!! LOL

How about wedding favors - what are we, I mean, they going to do for those...maybe some disposable cameras on the table considering there will definitely be pictures required if Shell AND JEN AND I AND MAGS are all together....Oh yes and please let us page Heidi - If I am coming I will be making a stop over (across the country) to pick her up LOL

Woo Hoo!! I just love you guys. A little scared but I love you. hehehe

#193452 - 07/08/05 05:59 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Ah! melissa!!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you and MIke! I will sooooo be looking at the ring at our meeting next week! Congratulations!

This is great! Awwwww!

I know this sounds weird, but it seems like I can appreciate these type of things more and get gushy about them since I have been single.

OMIGOD!

YOu two would be my heroes if you got married in Vegas, that is my dream wedding hehe

--------------------
-Sheri

#193534 - 07/09/05 02:18 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Melissa,

Congratuations! It all sounds so romantic. I know you both will be very happy.

--------------------
Janey

You people are insane! new
      #193545 - 07/09/05 05:08 AM
*Melissa*

I love it! LMAO

Hey Sheri! new
      #193548 - 07/09/05 05:14 AM
*Melissa*

That's right....I forgot you'll be able to actually see it in person. I'm surprised the crazy ladies (AKA Shell, Lana, and Jen) didn't comment on that one, since you'll get to see it before them! LOL

Thanks, and see ya next week!

#193945 - 07/10/05 08:13 PM
Lana_Marie

Quote:

I will sooooo be looking at the ring at our meeting next week!

Ohmigosh!! I am so jealous of this statement for two reasons~!!! 1) Miss Sheri gets to see the ring before me! 2) You get to meet my Mags!! I wish I have - I have had the pleasure on the phone - but so far not in person...Sheri please give her a big hug for me!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 659 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33732

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review