Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MOVING
      #19138 - 08/30/03 07:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey everyone!

Here's our moving story...

We were supposed to have a 24 foot truck. They gave us a 17 foot truck. We had to make TWO trips not just one to our new place.

The same day we loaded the truck, we had an open house. I only wore my wedding band that day. The rest of my jewelry was in my jewelry box (including my diamond engagement ring). When we came back from the open house the jewelry box was outta sight. THANK G-D we found it in the end, got everything here safely, and we're starting to get moved in. I've found some babysitting jobs and an assistant teaching position...so I've been VERY busy!

WHAT A MOVE! You can't even IMAGINE the emotional turmoil my hubby and I went through getting here!

I hope to be on some time this week to get caught up on the boards and in everyone's lives. I hope everyone is WELL! I miss you all and I hope everyone is GREAT! Sorry I've been away SO LONG...things didn't go as planned!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome Back Ruchie! new
      #19148 - 08/30/03 07:37 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Re: MOVING new
      #19152 - 08/30/03 08:03 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Ruchie,

Sorry to hear about the dramas involved in your move - it seems to be a time when whatever can go wrong-will! I plan to stay put for quite some time after our last experience four years ago.

The main thing is that it is behind you now and you can get on with your new lives! How exciting! I'm glad you have found some work too, that's great. BTW, what is the role of teaching assistant? Do they have to be qualified teachers? We have Teacher Aide's over here, I wonder if that is the same thing?

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Welcome Back Ruchie! new
      #19163 - 08/31/03 04:28 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Good to see you and hope you two can relax and get settled soon, after such a wild move!

You want a babysitting job??? Where do you live!?

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

YEAH! RUCHIE'S BACK! new
      #19165 - 08/31/03 05:48 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hey, Ruchie! Welcome back! I've missed you! I was beginning to think you packed your things and ran away for good. Glad to know you are settled (well, I little settled.)

Moving is always stressful. During our last move, the movers announced that our new iron bed would not go upstairs to our master bedroom. They said, "We're leaving it downstairs!" (Yeah, right! All our bedrooms are upstairs! Where were we supposed to set it up? In the living room?) I screamed and cried and then my husband finally figured out how to get it upstairs. Now, we may have to sell it with the house when we get ready to move---because we may never get it downstairs again!)

I am SO GLAD you found your jewelry. I thought you were going to say someone stole it. That would have been horrible.

That's terrific that you already have an assistant teaching job and some babysitting ones. That sure was fast!

Hopefully, you will be unpacked and making lots of new friends soon. Let us hear from you often.

Re: WELCOME BACK RUCHIE! new
      #19177 - 08/31/03 02:13 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Welcome back Ruchie! Sorry to hear that everything didn't quite go according to plan,but just think,the worst of it is over! Only boxes to unpack now!! I still have some waiting to be unpacked from when we moved at the end of May!

--------------------
Morven

Welcome back sweetie!!! -nt- new
      #19179 - 08/31/03 02:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#19212 - 08/31/03 07:28 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Ruchie! Good to see you! Glad you're finally getting settled in and everything seems to be falling into place. OMG - I would have died it I lost my jewelry, epecially my engagement ring. My stomach dropped when I read that. Thank God you found it! Remember, I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of the engagement. I still keep looking at my hand and can't believe I really have it! LOL Does that ever go away?

Anyway, hope to hear more from you soon.

Re: Welcome Back Ruchie! new
      #19220 - 08/31/03 07:47 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Welcome back Ruchie, hope your doing okay.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#19233 - 09/01/03 12:19 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

First, welcome back, Ruchie! Let us know more about your jobs and all--sounds like fun!

Second, I just had to respond to what you said, Mags--
Quote:

Remember, I'm still in the "honeymoon" stage of the engagement. I still keep looking at my hand and can't believe I really have it! LOL Does that ever go away?

Today in the car my boyf said something that began with "When we get married," and I was just like, aw! How sweet! I mean, we've only been dating for six months, and my last major relationship lasted three *years* and it didn't work out, so this is really, really nice.

#19245 - 09/01/03 07:52 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

That's great Tess! Maybe you'll be flashing your ring sooner than you think! The last time I went to the library, I saw this book "The Groom's Survival Manual", and I picked it up for Chris, because it looked kinda funny. It states, "A pleasing feminine quirk is the way that a woman will walk around with her left hand extended for weeks after receiving an engagemetn ring, greeting old friends and strangers by waving her new bauble in their faces."

Seriously though - isn't it weird how you can date someone forever and it doesn't work out. But then, you meet someone else and you know right away. I knew Chris was "the one" almost immediately. We moved in together after dating about 7 months or so - and I NEVER thought I would have done that with anyone. I don't know why, maybe I'm a little old-fashioned or something, but I never wanted to move in with a guy until I was married.

Oh well anyway...sorry, just started rambling there! Hope everything works out for you and your guy. He seems like a great guy from what you say - always looking out for you (throwing the sprite away, stocking up on food for ya).

#19248 - 09/01/03 08:49 AM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Was just smiling there as i was reading your posts! We have been engaged for nearly a year and half(finally set a date!) and i still catch myself looking at my ring in disbelief
We were together for 4 months and keith moved over to scotland (hes irish)awwwww! Although we knew each other as friends for a year,it is a cliche, but you do just know

--------------------
Morven

#19341 - 09/02/03 10:30 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Glad to hear your moving experience was a pretty normal one aside from your jewelery scare. Glad to hear you never had a crime scene on your hands LOL

I understand about the tummy turmoil and am glad to hear you are getting settled which will settle your tummy too.

Take care and have fun unpacking,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Engagement Ring -Gagga new
      #19342 - 09/02/03 10:31 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

You all are too funny. I was pretty excited about my engagement ring too, but my most fun was when I ran into my terrible ex boyfriend one day and simply had to show off the ring by scratching my nose, eye, chin etc. LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#19398 - 09/02/03 04:56 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

When you know, you know. My SIL started dating a guy in April and they are planning the wedding now. He asked her to marry him a couple weeks ago and the wedding is Nov. 1. He is a great guy and is adding to our family with two children. His kids are great. We are all in the wedding. The girls are ecstatic about being flower girls.

#19442 - 09/03/03 05:11 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!! I love you guys!!!!

So I start work today *yikes*! I babysit from 8-10 am, I shadow (or assist) a girl from 2-4 (she is special needs and needs an aid in the classroom), from 4-5 I babysit for another family, and them from 5-6.

Michelle, I would LOVE to babysit for your kids--they're ADORABLE!!! :-)

I still love my engagement ring! I'm SO GLAD I still have it!

Kerrie, no special credentials needed to shadow or assist in private schools...not sure about public school systems.

Amelia, how is working with babies going for ya? A couple of the families I babysit for have babies...a new experience for me! I'm excited!

I missed all of you and I hope to be back on board as much as possible as soon as possible!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4067

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review