All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
A cruel twist of fate or not? - please pray!
      #16892 - 08/10/03 03:27 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of you have been wondering how I'm doing so here goes..

I am pregnant!

Before you get too excited though it hasn't been smooth sailing and things are very dicey right now.

I found out last Thursday that I was pregnant and had one day of feeling absolute joy until I woke Friday morning with horrible cramps and bleeding.

We thought I had had an early miscarriage and the next day had to go for blood tests to confirm this. The blood tests however didn't confirm that and showed that my HCG count had doubled normally. So after a day of grieving we were absolutely stunned.

Unfortunately though the bleeding has contined so things are looking pretty uncertain at the moment.

It has been the hardest five days of my life. I want this baby so much and since I am on bedrest I have been lying in bed praying over and over to God to please let this baby live. Anyone out there who is willing to do the same will be thanked from the bottom of my heart.

I am not the only one with problems and I am thinking of all of you and what is going on in your lives too. I haven't had much time to reply to many posts though seeing I am supposed to be resting.

I am going to go for another blood test today and a scan later in the week so I will update you when I can.

Thanks again for your support and prayers,

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A cruel twist of fate or not? - please pray! new
      #16893 - 08/10/03 03:45 PM
berky

Reged: 06/26/03
Loc: New York state

I will certainly keep you and your baby in my prayers. I'm sorry you have to go through this uncertainty during what should be a joyous time. Good luck and may God protect you. Linda

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

#16901 - 08/10/03 05:46 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Kerrie, I am praying for your situation and for your peace of mind. We are here for you. Keep us up to date as you are able, but rest and take care of yourself!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#16902 - 08/10/03 06:23 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Oh, Kerrie, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this, especially after all you have been through. My heart hurts for you. I know all too well the range of emotions you are feeling. After years of fertility treatments, I was thrilled to find out I was pregnant with my first baby, but then I suffered a miscarriage and I remember how devasting that was. I did, however, have two good friends that carried a healthy baby to term after they experienced heavy bleeding (that was never explained by their doctor.) So miracles do happen, and that is exactly what I will pray for in your situation! As my mother would say, "Bless your heart!" Take care of yourself and hopefully everything will be alright soon. The fact that your hormone level doubled is great news!

#16903 - 08/10/03 06:30 PM
Essence

Reged: 03/20/03

Congrats to you my Dear... that is so wonderful !! I wish you the very best in health & happiness...... that little bundle of joy will change your life in positive ways that you never thought imaginable!!!

Evie

#16905 - 08/10/03 07:40 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Kerrie you and your baby are in my prayers. Hang in there and rest as much as you can and keep us posted.
Barb

#16906 - 08/10/03 08:10 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Kerrie!!

I am so sorry that you are having such a trying time!! You are in my thoughts. I will send all my positive thoughts with you.
Take care of yourself and try to remain as positive as possible, as understandably difficult as that must be.

I wish you all the best. And although I am not a practicing catholic I will definately do my best at a prayer for you,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#16921 - 08/10/03 11:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Kerrie - You're completely in my heart and thoughts and prayers, and I hope everything turns out well as you so truly deserve.

xxoo
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

message for heather new
      #16922 - 08/11/03 12:02 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

heather i just got my eating for ibs book. you have great recepies in this book.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#16924 - 08/11/03 04:26 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I can only say that I am praying for you. I wish you all of the luck in the world. I understand some of what you are feeling. I have experienced two miscarriages and hope that no one ever experiences that loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review