All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
SEATTLE - Dinner Gathering - Saturday, February 5th
      #140604 - 01/21/05 08:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

We are going to have a "SEATTLE - Dinner Gathering"
Saturday, February 5th at 7:00pm

The Old Spaghetti Factory
2801 Elliott Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
#206-441-7724

Menu
Nutritional Info

*I will be flying solo because Shane will still be out of town on business.

* Mags & Mikey from New Jersey will be here....(really this whole thing was Mags idea...hehehe)

* Steph & Adrian from Canada will also be here (they were already coming for a road trip so that Adrian could see a piece of the US. You can read about that here )

*Heather & Will are also going to be joining us!!

ADD ON 1/27/05:
* snookie (aka Gina) and her hubby Paul may also be joining us!!

ALL YOU LOCALS PLEASE JOIN US!! You can email me if you have any questions Shell1970@aol.com

I called the restaurant and got permission to bring a shaker of soy parmesan cheese for everyone and I will be baking some of Heather's goodies to bring to the restaurant as well (not sure what yet, it just might be a surprise).

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (01/27/05 03:58 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SEATTLE - Dinner Gathering - Saturday, February 5th new
      #140610 - 01/21/05 08:33 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Have a blast you guys!

#140611 - 01/21/05 08:41 AM

Unregistered

That sounds like so much fun!! Too bad it's so far away or else I'd love to go. And Shell you're so funny calling to ask permission to bring your own stuff

Hope you all have a fabulous time!!

And when is everyone coming down here to go to the beaches with me?? Spring break??

#140625 - 01/21/05 09:08 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Have a blast you guys!

Thanks...we sure will try! Sorry you can't make it....

--------------------

#140626 - 01/21/05 09:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That sounds like so much fun!! Too bad it's so far away or else I'd love to go. And Shell you're so funny calling to ask permission to bring your own stuff hehehe I would have to make a scene if they told me NO once I was there...

Hope you all have a fabulous time!! We sure will try our best....

And when is everyone coming down here to go to the beaches with me?? Spring break?? Oh, I wish!

Sorry you can't make it... but that would be one heck of a trip just for dinner...lol

--------------------

Have fun all of you! -nt- new
      #140634 - 01/21/05 09:35 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Have fun all of you! new
      #140637 - 01/21/05 09:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Have fun all of you!
Sheri

Hey Sheri you two should hide in Mags & Mikey luggage.... hehehe

--------------------

#140670 - 01/21/05 11:02 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!
I am so excited!
We have Old Spaghetti Factories here so I'm even more happy as I am familiar with the restaurant!
I've never had soy parmesan, sounds good!
I'm sorry Shane will still be outta town, Shell, I thought he'd be back by then! We'll keep you good company, though!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#140674 - 01/21/05 11:15 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Darn school test and marathon walk that weekend.

Wish I could come be your date, Shell! Have fun!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Shell, you are so fabulous! new
      #140677 - 01/21/05 11:26 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Will and I will definitely be there!!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Shell, you are so fabulous! new
      #140681 - 01/21/05 11:31 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Oooh you guys should bring cards so that Will can teach everyone to play poker! LOL That way we're set for Vegas '05!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#140687 - 01/21/05 11:35 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi guys!
I am so excited!
We have Old Spaghetti Factories here so I'm even more happy as I am familiar with the restaurant!
I'm sorry Shane will still be outta town, Shell, I thought he'd be back by then! We'll keep you good company, though!
--Steph

WWoohhhooo.... I'm so excited too!! Good then both you and Heather know the resturant... you can help me order!

--------------------

#140690 - 01/21/05 11:36 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Darn school test and marathon walk that weekend.

Wish I could come be your date, Shell! Have fun!

Dangit anyways!!... Well, we WILL be doing this again... so start saving your pennies for that CHEAP round trip ticket...

--------------------

#140691 - 01/21/05 11:38 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

- Heather

YAY!! I'm so glad you both are gonna make it.... we did not get nearly enough time in Vegas.... I guess we will have to ask for LOTS of bread.. we will all be fighting for it!! LOL

--------------------

#140693 - 01/21/05 11:38 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Oooh you guys should bring cards so that Will can teach everyone to play poker! LOL That way we're set for Vegas '05!

Oh yes... poor Will in Vegas... no of knew how to play... we will have to learn for sure for Fall Sprawl 2005!!

--------------------

#140763 - 01/21/05 01:43 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Quote:

Hi guys!
I am so excited!
--Steph

WWoohhhooo.... I'm so excited too!! Good then both you and Heather know the resturant... you can help me order!

Me too! I've never been there either and you 2 can help me order too!

#140764 - 01/21/05 01:46 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi guys!
I am so excited!
--Steph

Me too! I've never been there either and you 2 can help me order too!

Oh, the servers are just gonna love us!! hehehe

--------------------

#140769 - 01/21/05 01:58 PM
Sheri01

Quote:

haha... I wouldn't mind! I am sure that mags might be kinda upset once she made it to Seattle and found that she had no clothes, no toothbrush... but a stowaway Sheri!
Mike looks kinda tough in his pic, he probably wouldn't notice the extra weight from skinny Chris hiding in his bag as he was carrying it...
Chris would be jealous if I told him, too! A chance to meet more lovely IBS board ladies and , eating PASTA! He is pure Italian, and can never turn down a plate of pasta. in the mountains he ate a whole large pot of it I cooked.

I hope you all have fun! I was wondering when you originally posted if THE heather was going...
I will definately have to try and make it to Vegas this year, but the bad (and coincidental) thing is that Chris's message board (a car club) meets up out of state in November every year, and it can hit your wallet hard traveling so far twice in two months!
That, and I am afriad that if I got drunk in Vegas I would be hitched by time I left, my dream wedding has always been Vegas.

--------------------
-Sheri

Strange! new
      #140784 - 01/21/05 02:46 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Feb. 5th is my baby brother's birthday...

The Old Spaghetti Factory is my fav restaurant! We used to go everytime we were in Indianapolis (hubby's fam lives there)

My sister used to live in Seattle...

AND - Elliott is my last name! (Maybe I shouldn't reveal that, but it's a pretty common last name I guess...)

Wish I could be there!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Getting ready to order... new
      #140797 - 01/21/05 04:09 PM
Stephie

So I looked at the menu, and I kept thinking, "Well, I could have this...but with this instead of this... and that, but leave out this... Or that, but I need this instead..." and then I thought that I couldn't do that 'cause I'd be so embarassed and feel like such an annoyance but then I realised this might be the one time I'll be in a completely understanding crowd, so why not?? Hee hee.
Heather - I am so glad you're coming! I have been rambling on to all my family and friends about your book, and this site, and the diet and everything and you're like my IBS celebrity! Hee hee. Seriously, I am really happy we'll be able to meet you, Adrian will be excited to see you too.

*begins to hide bread rolls in her purse, whistling innocently*

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#140800 - 01/21/05 04:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

haha... I wouldn't mind! I am sure that mags might be kinda upset once she made it to Seattle and found that she had no clothes, no toothbrush... but a stowaway Sheri! LOL
Mike looks kinda tough in his pic, he probably wouldn't notice the extra weight from skinny Chris hiding in his bag as he was carrying it... Yaeh, he looked pretty built to me when I saw him in Las Vegas
Chris would be jealous if I told him, too! A chance to meet more lovely IBS board ladies and , eating PASTA! He is pure Italian, and can never turn down a plate of pasta. in the mountains he ate a whole large pot of it I cooked. Oh, he would fit right in then.... should I mail ya a doggie bag? LOL

I hope you all have fun! I was wondering when you originally posted if THE heather was going... I was not sure if Will was coming or not....so I waited to post them.....I'm SO glad they can make it.... (bringing BIG purse to sneak all the bread before they show up)
I will definately have to try and make it to Vegas this year, but the bad (and coincidental) thing is that Chris's message board (a car club) meets up out of state in November every year, and it can hit your wallet hard traveling so far twice in two months! Oh, I totally understand that one...we do our Anniv weekend (that is not cheap) the end of Aug/ first of Sept....then Christmas follows that....so we really have to plan better this year. I hope you can make it!
That, and I am afriad that if I got drunk in Vegas I would be hitched by time I left, my dream wedding has always been Vegas. LOL.... We can all be your witnesses.. LOL

--------------------

#140819 - 01/21/05 06:02 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

haha... I wouldn't mind! I am sure that mags might be kinda upset once she made it to Seattle and found that she had no clothes, no toothbrush... but a stowaway Sheri! LOL Ha! No worries Sheri! My aunt (who I'm going to visit out there) already told me "we HAVE to hit Nordstrom's of course" so I'm sure I'll be getting more clothes. Now as for smuggling you on the way back....maybe I'll just have Nordstrom's ship my items home! LOL
Mike looks kinda tough in his pic, he probably wouldn't notice the extra weight from skinny Chris hiding in his bag as he was carrying it... Yaeh, he looked pretty built to me when I saw him in Las Vegas LOL
Chris would be jealous if I told him, too! A chance to meet more lovely IBS board ladies and , eating PASTA! He is pure Italian, and can never turn down a plate of pasta. in the mountains he ate a whole large pot of it I cooked. Oh, he would fit right in then.... should I mail ya a doggie bag? LOL

I hope you all have fun! I was wondering when you originally posted if THE heather was going... I was not sure if Will was coming or not....so I waited to post them.....I'm SO glad they can make it.... (bringing BIG purse to sneak all the bread before they show up)
I will definately have to try and make it to Vegas this year, but the bad (and coincidental) thing is that Chris's message board (a car club) meets up out of state in November every year, and it can hit your wallet hard traveling so far twice in two months! Oh, I totally understand that one...we do our Anniv weekend (that is not cheap) the end of Aug/ first of Sept....then Christmas follows that....so we really have to plan better this year. I hope you can make it!
That, and I am afriad that if I got drunk in Vegas I would be hitched by time I left, my dream wedding has always been Vegas. LOL.... We can all be your witnesses.. LOL Now, that would be too much fun! Hope you can make it to Vegas this year!

Isn't it funny how I couldn't make it to NYC a few weeks ago, but I can go across country to Seattle for a dinner? LOL Actually, I planned on going out and the dinner followed, but still....

Wishing I lived closer! Have a blast :)-nt new
      #140824 - 01/21/05 06:55 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

--------------------
Amy

Re: Strange! new
      #140904 - 01/22/05 08:09 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Feb. 5th is my baby brother's birthday... Well, tell him happy bday from all of us!

The Old Spaghetti Factory is my fav restaurant! We used to go everytime we were in Indianapolis (hubby's fam lives there) REALLY? what do YOU order when you go there?

My sister used to live in Seattle...

AND - Elliott is my last name! (Maybe I shouldn't reveal that, but it's a pretty common last name I guess...) Don't worry about it! LOL

Wish I could be there!! We wish you could too! Maybe next time? Or VEGAS for Fall Sprawl 2005?

--------------------

Re: Getting ready to order... new
      #141804 - 01/24/05 07:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

So I looked at the menu, and I kept thinking, "Well, I could have this...but with this instead of this... and that, but leave out this... Or that, but I need this instead..." and then I thought that I couldn't do that 'cause I'd be so embarassed and feel like such an annoyance but then I realised this might be the one time I'll be in a completely understanding crowd, so why not?? Hee hee. Your so funny!! This is me too....but I'm getting better...now most people that I eat with KNOW what I can and can't have and help me try to figure out something before the servers get there to take the order...lol
Heather - I am so glad you're coming! I have been rambling on to all my family and friends about your book, and this site, and the diet and everything and you're like my IBS celebrity! Hee hee. Seriously, I am really happy we'll be able to meet you, Adrian will be excited to see you too. Yes, it is WONDERFUL that both Heather & Will are going to be there!!

*begins to hide bread rolls in her purse, whistling innocently* We better warn the baker..LOL

--Steph

--------------------

Re: Wishing I lived closer! Have a blast :) new
      #141927 - 01/24/05 11:18 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wishing I lived closer! Have a blast

We all wished you were closer too Amy!! Let me know if you are ever over here and we will plan another one....

--------------------

#141980 - 01/24/05 01:01 PM
Shell Marr

OK, for those of you who are going to make it...I'm looking for suggestions. Which dessert(s) or sweet bread(s) in Heather's EFI book would you like me to make for Sat 5th?

I will probably make at least 2 items so pick a few things that either you really like or have wanted to try.

I will NOT attempt any frozen items or souffles...LOL

--------------------

#142029 - 01/24/05 02:07 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

wish I was closer too, but we'll have fun in MI before then.. *HUG* hope you have a ball and we'll see all of you one day!

sounds like fun

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#142043 - 01/24/05 02:31 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

wish I was closer too, but we'll have fun in MI before then.. *HUG* hope you have a ball and we'll see all of you one day!

sounds like fun

Amie

I hope you all have fun in MI..... save your pennies... for Vegas in the Fall... more details to follow later.

--------------------

#142382 - 01/25/05 09:10 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

OK, for those of you who are going to make it...I'm looking for suggestions. Which dessert(s) or sweet bread(s) in Heather's EFI book would you like me to make for Sat 5th?

I will probably make at least 2 items so pick a few things that either you really like or have wanted to try.

I will NOT attempt any frozen items or souffles...LOL

Quote:

Reply from Steph that was posted on the Vegas board in another post

I haven't tried a lot of the sweet stuff from the site, mostly 'cause I never had a kitchen to do any real baking in. I am allergic to bananas and nuts, so I'm ruled out for those ones.. lemme have a look and see..I've always wanted to try the Peppermint Fudge cake, I keep saying I'm going to make it and then never getting around to it! Maybe I could make something and bring it too?

OK, so far I will do the Peppermint Fudge cake That is my fav anyways!!

--------------------

#142413 - 01/25/05 10:07 AM
Jennifer Rose

What about the Cinnamon Zucchini bread? Says the gal stuck in school and marathon walking that day...

--------------------
- Jennifer

#142430 - 01/25/05 10:31 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

What about the Cinnamon Zucchini bread? Says the gal stuck in school and marathon walking that day...

That sounds good and easy... and there are no nuts in it...

I wish you could be there... your such a blast to hang out with.... WATCH OUT VEGAS... LOL

--------------------

#142432 - 01/25/05 10:33 AM
Shell Marr

OK, so far I will make........

Sweet Cinnamon Zucchini Bread and Peppermint Fudge Cake

--------------------

#142434 - 01/25/05 10:43 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Quote:

That sounds good and easy... and there are no nuts in it...

I wish you could be there... your such a blast to hang out with.... WATCH OUT VEGAS... LOL

For some reason I don't think that taxi guy thought I was a blast..

--------------------
- Jennifer

Lemonzest Luna Bars new
      #142853 - 01/26/05 08:16 AM
Shell Marr

Hey, would any of you that are going to be there like any Lemonzest Luna Bars ? I have 8 of them and I'm just not in the mood for them (more of a summer time flavor for me) I got them in a larger box from Costco they expire May05. Let me know and I will bring them on the 5th.

--------------------

Luna Bars new
      #143138 - 01/26/05 05:06 PM
Stephie

Hey Shell,
Thanks so much for sending me the eMails, I would have totally lost the post otherwise!
I love the Lemon Luna Bars, if you are going to just give them away then I'll take 'em if nobody else wants them!
I was actually going to ask you if there is a good palce in Seattle that I can go as the Lemon Ones, the Orange Ones and a couple others are the only ones I can find here and there are so many other ones I want to try!
I am about to book our hotel RIGHT NOW! WOO HOO!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#143139 - 01/26/05 05:07 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Sounds like the menu from the Sprawl! LOL I was going to say Peppermint Fudge Cake also. It is one of my favorites also. I was also going to suggest Better than Cheesecake, only because I've never had it and I've always wanted to try it. But, 2 should be plenty for just us 7!! So scratch my BTC suggestion.

Now I'm dying for peppermint fudge cake.

Re: Luna Bars new
      #143148 - 01/26/05 05:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey Shell,
Thanks so much for sending me the eMails, I would have totally lost the post otherwise!
I love the Lemon Luna Bars, if you are going to just give them away then I'll take 'em if nobody else wants them!
I was actually going to ask you if there is a good palce in Seattle that I can go as the Lemon Ones, the Orange Ones and a couple others are the only ones I can find here and there are so many other ones I want to try!
I am about to book our hotel RIGHT NOW! WOO HOO!
--Steph

Whole Foods baby... they have them all and at a good price! (thanks to Jen for the idea to look there)

Yes, I'm given them away....

--------------------

#143149 - 01/26/05 05:35 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like the menu from the Sprawl! LOL I was going to say Peppermint Fudge Cake also. It is one of my favorites also. I was also going to suggest Better than Cheesecake, only because I've never had it and I've always wanted to try it. But, 2 should be plenty for just us 7!! So scratch my BTC suggestion.

I'll do the Peppermint for sure...and then maybe the BTC.... I've never tried it either....that way I can break in my new springform pan!! I'll play with that idea

I like your new "M&M" signature!! *wink wink**

--------------------

Shell, I need help! new
      #143159 - 01/26/05 05:57 PM
Stephie

Hiya!
So the hotel we decided for some reason has totally sky rocketed in price and now I am scrambling to pick and book another one.
I can't remember the last time I went to Seattle, some of the hotels say "Centre" and some say "Downtown" and I don't know where I want to be! Where is the restaurant we are going to? I want to be close to all the tourist-y stuff so I can take Adrian around but I am all of sudden confused and I don't want to book a hotel that's like completely where we don't want to be!
Thanks for the help!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Shell, I need help! new
      #143489 - 01/27/05 03:44 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hiya!
So the hotel we decided for some reason has totally sky rocketed in price and now I am scrambling to pick and book another one.
I can't remember the last time I went to Seattle, some of the hotels say "Centre" and some say "Downtown" and I don't know where I want to be! Where is the restaurant we are going to? I want to be close to all the tourist-y stuff so I can take Adrian around but I am all of sudden confused and I don't want to book a hotel that's like completely where we don't want to be!
Thanks for the help!
--Steph

OK, you and I have emailed back and forth about this... have you found a place yet? I kinda got busy and have not been at the computer.

--------------------

#143492 - 01/27/05 03:50 PM
Shell Marr

* snookie (aka Gina) and her hubby Paul may also be joining us!!

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (01/27/05 03:57 PM)

#143572 - 01/27/05 11:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll do the Peppermint for sure...and then maybe the BTC.... I've never tried it either....that way I can break in my new springform pan!! I'll play with that idea

I just looked at the BTC recipe and it says that it needs to be served chilled.... so I don't think I should make that one....it will be out of the fridge from at least 5:30pm until we eat it which could be as late at 8:30-9:00pm by time we are ready for it.... SO.......

What do you guys think about "Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake" on page #242 in Heather's book EFI? There are no bananas or nuts (so it will be safe for Steph). I can bring the wet & dry ingredients separate for the "Sweet Orange Icing" on page #243 and then just mix it up when we are ready to eat; at that time each person can add it to theirs if they would like to try it.

--------------------

Mmmm, food new
      #143578 - 01/27/05 11:26 PM
Stephie

That all looks really great, Shell!
It definitely sounds too complicated to bring anything you need to keep chilled. I haven't had carrotcake in like.. 10 years.. It sounds really good, though.
I am thinking of looking at some cookie (or anything transportable that won't go yucky in 2 days) so that I can bring something too, just to contribute!
I am so looking forward to coming. We booked out hotel today and are booking the car hire tomorrow.
Can't wait to see you all!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Mmmm, food new
      #143581 - 01/27/05 11:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

That all looks really great, Shell!
It definitely sounds too complicated to bring anything you need to keep chilled. I haven't had carrotcake in like.. 10 years.. It sounds really good, though.
I am thinking of looking at some cookie (or anything transportable that won't go yucky in 2 days) so that I can bring something too, just to contribute!
I am so looking forward to coming. We booked out hotel today and are booking the car hire tomorrow.
Can't wait to see you all!
--Steph

OK.... not that you NEED to bring anything..there will so far only be 9 of us. But how about the "Meltaway Raspberry Angel Kisses" on page# 241 of Heather's EFI? Easy and they would keep great in an airtight container. There is even the variation to make them "Chocolate Kisses" too!! (Shell <--- wiping drool from chin)

--------------------

Having a stoopid moment... new
      #143583 - 01/27/05 11:40 PM
Stephie

EFI?
I don't even know what they are, but they SOUND amazing!

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Having a stoopid moment... new
      #143584 - 01/27/05 11:42 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

EFI?
I don't even know what they are, but they SOUND amazing!

LOL... you silly girl... are you having a brain fart?

EFI = Eating For IBS

--------------------

Bah! new
      #143585 - 01/27/05 11:45 PM
Stephie

I can't believe I sat there thinking about it for a few minutes and didn't figure it out!!
I think I must be having a MAJOR brain fart tonight, hee hee.

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Bah! new
      #143587 - 01/27/05 11:50 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I can't believe I sat there thinking about it for a few minutes and didn't figure it out!!
I think I must be having a MAJOR brain fart tonight, hee hee.

LOL... too funny....

--------------------

Again! new
      #143588 - 01/27/05 11:51 PM
Stephie

Hi!
Sorry, the only book of mine that I can find is the first year book... Would you mind sending me the recipe?
To do something to help, I am sure being a pain!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#143666 - 01/28/05 06:29 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just looked at the BTC recipe and it says that it needs to be served chilled.... so I don't think I should make that one....it will be out of the fridge from at least 5:30pm until we eat it which could be as late at 8:30-9:00pm by time we are ready for it.... SO.......

What do you guys think about "Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake" on page #242 in Heather's book EFI? There are no bananas or nuts (so it will be safe for Steph). I can bring the wet & dry ingredients separate for the "Sweet Orange Icing" on page #243 and then just mix it up when we are ready to eat; at that time each person can add it to theirs if they would like to try it.

Oooh! The carrot cake sounds awesome! I've always wanted to try that one also. Sounds good to me!

BTW - I got a springform pan 2 yrs ago for Christmas, because of the recipes in EFI, and just finally used it a few weeks ago. I made the blueberry pecan cake in The First Year - yummy! I recommend it! (Not for this dinner, but for you to try.)

You like my M&M? LOL

#143704 - 01/28/05 08:08 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oooh! The carrot cake sounds awesome! I've always wanted to try that one also. Sounds good to me!

BTW - I got a springform pan 2 yrs ago for Christmas, because of the recipes in EFI, and just finally used it a few weeks ago. I made the blueberry pecan cake in The First Year - yummy! I recommend it! (Not for this dinner, but for you to try.)

You like my M&M? LOL

LOL...I got my pan 2 years ago too for Christmas because of the BTC I was gonna try..... and never got around to it... still in the box it came in... LOL

OK. I'll do the carrot cake & peppermint!

Love the M&M

--------------------

#143709 - 01/28/05 08:22 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Hey Shell - have you made this cake before? It's delicious! I've made it the night before for a dinner, with the frosting on top, and still tasted great! The frosting is more like a glaze and is very thick, so if someone doesn't like the glaze, they can gently cut the top off! That's what one of my guests did and it worked fine.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#143711 - 01/28/05 08:26 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Shell - have you made this cake before? It's delicious! I've made it the night before for a dinner, with the frosting on top, and still tasted great! The frosting is more like a glaze and is very thick, so if someone doesn't like the glaze, they can gently cut the top off! That's what one of my guests did and it worked fine.

No, I've never tried it.... but I guess it soulds like it is best to put the glaze on and let it set up. Did you store it in the fridge or just the counter?

--------------------

#143716 - 01/28/05 08:35 AM
Jennifer Rose

I stored it in the fridge overnight, but then when I was ready to go I just left it on the counter during dinner. Was very delicious and is probably best not really cold.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#143718 - 01/28/05 08:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I stored it in the fridge overnight, but then when I was ready to go I just left it on the counter during dinner. Was very delicious and is probably best not really cold.

COOL! Thanks!

--------------------

#143878 - 01/28/05 02:08 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You like my M&M? LOL

LOL...I got my pan 2 years ago too for Christmas because of the BTC I was gonna try..... and never got around to it... still in the box it came in... LOL That is too funny!!! LOL About a month and a half or so before Christmas is when I got my EFI book and I swore up and down I just had to have that springform pan because I was going to make these recipes. Two years later I finally use it! I can't believe I'm not alone! LOL (If we had known this back in Vegas, we could have placed a bet on who would use their's first! ROFL!!)

OK. I'll do the carrot cake & peppermint! Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to do that Shell. I can't remember the last time I've gone out to eat and was able to eat dessert. (or one I should be eating anyway! )

Love the M&M

#144083 - 01/29/05 10:59 AM
manofmayo

Reged: 01/18/05
Loc: Everett, WA USA

I will see what I can do to come that night, but don't count on it, I usually need to work Saturday nights.

#144084 - 01/29/05 11:01 AM
manofmayo

you need a better way of listing who is coming.....

over on a car club site, we list who is coming to any event like:
1. Shell Mar
2. Heather
3. ????

and so on......

I know it makes my life easier to find out who is going without having to read every single post.

#144089 - 01/29/05 11:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

you need a better way of listing who is coming.....

over on a car club site, we list who is coming to any event like:
1. Shell Mar
2. Heather
3. ????

and so on......

I know it makes my life easier to find out who is going without having to read every single post.

Hey, I have edited the "original" (the 1st post in this thread) every time I find out someone is coming.... so no need to read the whole thread. Sorry you can't make it.... maybe next time.

But just for FYI... this is who will be there

*Shell Marr
*Mags & Mikey
*Steph & Adrian
*Heather & Will
*snookie (aka Gina) and her hubby Paul may also be joining us!!

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (01/29/05 11:50 AM)

#144092 - 01/29/05 11:58 AM
manofmayo

sorry....I'm so used to the car forums doing that.....

#144095 - 01/29/05 12:09 PM
Shell Marr

Oh, I totally understand... that is why I edited the 1st one!! No biggy.... Try to make it if ya can. Oh, I did look at the site in your profile this week... there is one pic that of a group of people...are you in it? Not much info in your profile...I'm assuming your male?

--------------------

#144222 - 01/29/05 10:52 PM
manofmayo

I'm in a few of them. I think the last major meet (Spring Classic) I was the one taking pictures. I just looked at the site and noticed only the back of my head in one of the pictures

Yes I am male...and bald.

#145299 - 02/01/05 01:20 PM
Shane_Marr

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Seattle, WA

Sorry I'm going to miss everyone----next time I'll be there for sure! Shell will have my camera---so I EXPECT to see pix!!

#145337 - 02/01/05 02:46 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Sorry I'm going to miss everyone----next time I'll be there for sure! Shell will have my camera---so I EXPECT to see pix!!

HI HONEY!! hehehe.... As long as you can walk me though over the phone how the heck to get them from your camera to my computer we will all be in good shape! LOL

--------------------

#145819 - 02/02/05 11:11 AM
Shell Marr

UPDATED LIST (2/2/05)(can't edit the original anymore)

*Shell Marr
*Mags & Mikey
*Steph & Adrian
*Heather & Will

ADD ON: 2/2/05
*Karen (aka Noel) - she is a new member to the Seattle Support Boards

--------------------

#146192 - 02/03/05 07:17 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

*Shell Marr
*Mags & Mikey
*Steph & Adrian
*Heather & Will

Just got an email that Karen will be there for sure!! YAH!!

--------------------

#146207 - 02/03/05 07:43 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

*Shell Marr
*Mags & Mikey
*Steph & Adrian
*Heather & Will

Cool - the more the merrier!

#146455 - 02/03/05 04:30 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You like my M&M? LOL

LOL...I got my pan 2 years ago too for Christmas because of the BTC I was gonna try..... and never got around to it... still in the box it came in... LOL That is too funny!!! LOL About a month and a half or so before Christmas is when I got my EFI book and I swore up and down I just had to have that springform pan because I was going to make these recipes. Two years later I finally use it! I can't believe I'm not alone! LOL (If we had known this back in Vegas, we could have placed a bet on who would use their's first! ROFL!!)

OK. I'll do the carrot cake & peppermint! Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to do that Shell. I can't remember the last time I've gone out to eat and was able to eat dessert. (or one I should be eating anyway! )

Love the M&M

I just got stuff for the "presentation" of the cakes.... can't wait for you guys to see!

--------------------

#146728 - 02/04/05 01:02 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You like my M&M? LOL

Love the M&M

I just got stuff for the "presentation" of the cakes.... can't wait for you guys to see!

I'M BAKING TONGIHT!!

"Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake" on page #242 in Heather's book Eating For IBS with "Sweet Orange Icing" on page #243.

AND

"Peppermint Fudge Cake" also from Heather's book Eating For IBS.

I will get them ready for presention Sat afternoon and take pics!

--------------------

#146833 - 02/04/05 04:07 PM
Shell Marr

Post from Steph.......

--------------------

#146926 - 02/05/05 07:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'M BAKING TONGIHT!!

"Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake" on page #242 in Heather's book Eating For IBS with "Sweet Orange Icing" on page #243.

AND

"Peppermint Fudge Cake" also from Heather's book Eating For IBS.

I will get them ready for presention Sat afternoon and take pics!

Oh, my house still smells so good....I will be decorating this afternoon.

I'm off to the gym...and then I have a few "Honey Do's" that Shane needs done for him...... Then I'm going SMALLER clothes shopping so I have something to wear next weekend when I go to see Shane in LA!!

I'm so excited to meet some new people and and see some of you again that I was able to meet at Las Vegas Fall Sprawl 2004!!

See you guys tonight.... I'll be there by 6:30pm if not sooner....

--------------------

#147026 - 02/05/05 04:54 PM
Shell Marr

See you guys in TWO hours!! (I have butterflies.. I'm so excited!!)

--------------------

Who's gonna be there?-nt new
      #147027 - 02/05/05 04:55 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Who's gonna be there? new
      #147048 - 02/05/05 05:56 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Who's gonna be there?

Quote:

Quote:

*Shell Marr
*Mags & Mikey
*Steph & Adrian
*Heather & Will

--------------------

PICTURES!! of SEATTLE - Dinner Gathering - Saturday, February 5th new
      #147104 - 02/05/05 10:45 PM
Shell Marr

I'm home and had a wonderful time!! Here are the cakes that I made and one group pic..the other pics were really dark and some were blurry, I will try to edit them and will post if any turn out.

PEPPERMINT FUDGE CAKE

ONE ANGEL OF THE CARROT CAKE

SECOND ANGEL OF THE CARROT CAKE

HERE IS THE GROUP....(from front left around the table clockwise).... Adrian, Steph, Will, Heather, Shell, Mags, & Mikey

ADD ON 2/7/05:
There are more pics and a post from Steph on this thread.... web page

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (02/07/05 05:38 PM)

Thanks for sharing! new
      #147121 - 02/06/05 04:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You guys looked like you had fun!

Shell, do you sell your cake creations? They're beautiful!

Fab pictures!!! new
      #147133 - 02/06/05 06:31 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Glad you all had a great time!!! Looks like it was a lovely night....and Shell....those cakes look sooooooo yummy.....you're making me hungry...fancy sending a slice to the UK?? lol

--------------------
Natalie

Niiiiiiiice.... new
      #147137 - 02/06/05 06:38 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

I had to this open up this post with pics of cakes before I have eaten anything! Shell, you're killing me! Now I am starving. The cakes look all so good! Great pics of everyone too! Talk about prompt posting! Glad y'all had a good time!

--------------------

Ahhhhh!!!!!!! new
      #147142 - 02/06/05 07:55 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

What a beautiful group of people!

You know what I'm thinking when I'm looking at the photo? Those people I talk to online really are real!!!

Thanks so much for sharing these photos. It makes our online friends so much more human!

Wish I could've been there! And by the way, Shell, the cakes are beautiful! Wow! I love the presentation!

Re: PICTURES!! of SEATTLE - Dinner Gathering - Saturday, February 5th new
      #147171 - 02/06/05 08:45 AM
Sheri01

Look like you all had a great time! Glad to see that Steph and Adrian were able to make it.
Those cakes look sooooo yummy shell! I wish I could reach right in and grab a slice. YUM!

--------------------
-Sheri

#147205 - 02/06/05 09:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Shell, you should be a caterer!!!!!!!! Those cakes are GORGEOUS!

Everyone looks so GREAT...it looks like you had a blast!

Love ya all!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#147220 - 02/06/05 10:55 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Shell, you've outdone yourself! Those pics of the cakes are simply gorgeous! You absolutely should go into your own business doing that!

You guys looked great too. That must have been so neat to meat Ardian and Steph. (So glad he was feeling better). I would have loved to have heard Steph's accent too!

Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Thanks for sharing! new
      #147232 - 02/06/05 11:20 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You guys looked like you had fun!

Shell, do you sell your cake creations? They're beautiful!

Thanks Tina!! No, I don't sell them....LOL I had so much fun thinking of how to decorate them.... I was thinking Valentine's and Easter!

--------------------

Re: Fab pictures!!! new
      #147233 - 02/06/05 11:22 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Glad you all had a great time!!! Looks like it was a lovely night....and Shell....those cakes look sooooooo yummy.....you're making me hungry...fancy sending a slice to the UK?? lol

We did have a great time.... Funny we were talking last night about me opening an IBS Bakery!! Wonder how much shipping would be to the UK.?

--------------------

Re: Niiiiiiiice.... new
      #147234 - 02/06/05 11:23 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I had to this open up this post with pics of cakes before I have eaten anything! Shell, you're killing me! Now I am starving. The cakes look all so good! Great pics of everyone too! Talk about prompt posting! Glad y'all had a good time!

LOL Tommy... I know...I had one of the two slices of the carrot cake that was left over for breakfast this morning....the other slice went into the freezer for Shane for when he returns.

--------------------

Re: Ahhhhh!!!!!!! new
      #147236 - 02/06/05 11:25 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

What a beautiful group of people!

You know what I'm thinking when I'm looking at the photo? Those people I talk to online really are real!!!

Thanks so much for sharing these photos. It makes our online friends so much more human!

Wish I could've been there! And by the way, Shell, the cakes are beautiful! Wow! I love the presentation!

Thanks!! I just love everyone smiles too...and they are all just as beautiful people in person...

--------------------

#147237 - 02/06/05 11:28 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Look like you all had a great time! Glad to see that Steph and Adrian were able to make it.
Those cakes look sooooo yummy shell! I wish I could reach right in and grab a slice. YUM!

Yes, we were thankful that Adrian was feeling better...he said he had a scratchy throat still....but I would not tell due to his accent... it was so cool... Steph has a great catch there... darling guy!!

--------------------

#147238 - 02/06/05 11:31 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, you should be a caterer!!!!!!!! Those cakes are GORGEOUS!

Everyone looks so GREAT...it looks like you had a blast!

Love ya all!

Ruchie

LOL...I've now been told that I should be....... A Wedding Coordinator, A Party Planner, An Event Planner, A Baker, & A Caterer.

It sure was a wonderful group of people....wondering if Mikey's ear ever did pop after the plane ride!?!?

--------------------

#147239 - 02/06/05 11:34 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, you've outdone yourself! Those pics of the cakes are simply gorgeous! You absolutely should go into your own business doing that!

You guys looked great too. That must have been so neat to meat Ardian and Steph. (So glad he was feeling better). I would have loved to have heard Steph's accent too!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!!

Yes... both Steph & Adrian had just the coolest accents!! And Steph's profile picture does not do her justice.... she is just as cute as a button... and ya just wanna hug an squeeze her...

--------------------

#147240 - 02/06/05 11:36 AM
Shell Marr

Thank you so much Heather & Will for joining also..... it is always great to see ya... we will do a BBQ this spring and/or summer....

--------------------

#147241 - 02/06/05 11:46 AM
Shell Marr

Mags & Mikey.... it was great to see you two again also.... hope your ear did finally pop Mikey.

Mikey liked it... the carrot cake that is...LOL

Great ideas Mags for Las Vegas Fall Sprawl 2005....can't wait to start the planning more....

Have fun watching the Super Bowl...and hope you win lots of money in that pool!

--------------------

Great pictures! new
      #147268 - 02/06/05 02:16 PM

Unregistered

You guys look like you had such a great time! I'm so glad it worked out for Steph and Adrian to make it too.

And Shell my mouth is watering over your cakes - you did a FABULOUS job on them!

#147296 - 02/06/05 05:44 PM
Shell Marr

Message from Karen on the Seattle Support Board.... web page

--------------------

Re: Great pictures! new
      #147416 - 02/07/05 08:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You guys look like you had such a great time! I'm so glad it worked out for Steph and Adrian to make it too.

And Shell my mouth is watering over your cakes - you did a FABULOUS job on them!

We did have a good time.... wish we all had more time together.

Thanks! You need a napkin for your mouth? lol

--------------------

#147607 - 02/07/05 05:38 PM
Shell Marr

There are more pics and a post from Steph on this thread.... web page

--------------------

#154235 - 02/25/05 04:18 PM
Shell Marr

Shane FINALLY had the slice of "Brer Rabbit Carrot Cake" that I saved in the freezer for him cuz he was out of town for the gathering..... and he LOVED IT!!

--------------------

Better late than never........ new
      #154666 - 02/27/05 09:39 AM
*Melissa*

So, it's only been 22 days since the dinner! LOL Just had to finally post and say Mikey and I had a blast in Seattle. Shell, thanks so much for organizing the dinner - fabulous job as usual!!!

Although Mike and I were pretty much delerious at the dinner after having gotten up super early to fly out there, going to Pike Place Market that afternoon, then going to dinner at 7 pm which was really like 10 pm to us - it was so much fun! It was good to see everyone and Shell's cakes were awesome! That carrot cake was SOOOO good! I couldn't wait to come home and make it here - which didn't come out as good as yours Shell! LOL

Unfortunately, Mikey had problems with his ears the whole time. When we got back, he felt so bad he ended up going to the doctor. He'd ended up getting a sinus infection and I don't think he was even supposed to be flying like that - very dangerous. But, luckily after getting a bunch of meds from the dr, he's feeling better now.

My aunt wants us to come back out during the summer when there's more to do, so maybe we'll do it again!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 194 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31571

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review