All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Busymom, I moved your post to the yoga board.... new
      #14384 - 07/18/03 05:50 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'd like to see what YogaTeacher and other folks have to say. Hopefully they've got good answers to your question - I'll chip in my two cents on the yoga board too.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Music for the Heart and Soul new
      #14400 - 07/19/03 06:54 AM
Georgia

Reged: 07/06/03
Loc: Granite City, IL

I know what you mean. I used to sing songs from church to my son at bedtime when he was little and we used to crank up DC Talk and sing while on the road. It is just soooo uplifting!! My difficulty is that I'm Catholic and the community and fellowship for reading scripture and branching out into mainstream Christian music just isn't available. My grandma was Pentecostal and I used to love to hang out with the teens from her church because they were more of what I was interested in. Our church never got a teen group off the ground and as I said, there is not a feeling of fellowship in most Catholic churches. My husband and I have been "trying on" different Catholic churches in our surrounding area to see if we can find a group that offers fellowship and prayer meetings. I have several friends who are Pentecostal First Assembly of God and they invite us to all kinds of things at their churches and it's amazing the difference of involvement. I wish I could offer more on the scripture sharing on this board, but I am thoroughly enjoying receiving what has been shared. Thanks!!!

#14417 - 07/19/03 11:27 AM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

Maybe you can find the Catholic church that is the right fit for you if you keep trying different churches. I know that with Catholic churches the worship and atmosphere is so dependent on the priest at that particular church. He really sets the tone. You might find more what you're looking for if there is a university near you and you attend the Catholic church affiliated with, or right by the university. They usually have more contemporary music and more upbeat worship time because so many young adults attend and the priests at those campus churches are more oriented toward that.

Re: To you all new
      #14421 - 07/19/03 03:13 PM
meggie4112

Reged: 07/14/03

hello mags, no i just had an ultrasound done on my gallbladder and liver, the results came back as no gallstones, only mild thickening of the gallbladder, i had an upper gi done and nothing there ad well, i went to gi and he said it wasnt my gallbladder but ibs, the syptoms went away for abiut seven mos. and then came back again, same ones, nausua, stomach hurting on the right side . i dont understand this and im at my wits end. i went from being fine with no nauusa and no stomach problems to all this , does this sound like ibs? i have a lot of stress in my life right now and wondering if this could be it ?i used to go out to dinner , ddancing , movies , now im stuck tobeing sick all the time , any advice , sin megiie

#14430 - 07/19/03 06:30 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Meggie - Does any of your symptoms include diarrhea, constipation, gas? I don't know if it's IBS if it's "just" pain and nausea.

Have you had any bloodwork done?

#14433 - 07/19/03 07:42 PM
Georgia

Reged: 07/06/03
Loc: Granite City, IL

We have SLU about 15 min away and really like it there, it's just that we can't become parishioners and get involved with all of their activities because we don't live in their catchment area. Just recently an old priest friend of mine has taken over at our church here (2 blocks away) and we're hoping he turns things around.

#14443 - 07/20/03 09:16 AM
meggie4112

Reged: 07/14/03

hello mags, yes i did have bloodwork done about 3 weeks ago. everything came up fine . my white blood cells came back normal , liver was fine , kidneys were fine , thyroid was fine . as to your question regarding the symptoms of ibs , diarehha, no , constipation , no , i have a lot of bloating , gas , stomach hurts, nausua, i do go to the bathroom a lot , 7or 8 times a day , depending on what i eat ,, somedays i dont go anywhere because im afraid ill need to find a restrom, lol , i also gaet a lot if stomaches, which results in diarehha, i aslo read that stress can play a big role in your body , hope to hear from you soon, maybe some one can give me some advice on what to do next , sin, meggie

Re: Prayer/Praise/Scripture sharing.....? new
      #15208 - 07/28/03 11:14 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Loving this idea KaybeeC. I need this I pray everyday, more so with IBS-C. It is an event just to have a good day. I couldn't make it without God, I don't know how anyone does anyway. My email is rhonda.upton@mci.com if anyone wants to trade emails.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

A Scripture for today 7/28 new
      #15259 - 07/28/03 04:40 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi, there, Rhonda - or Nan?

Haven't been online for several days so just found this new board for the first time. I agree, God makes it possible to do / go through things like IBS in a "supernatural" way! I'll add your email address to my address book. I don't know how to set up an email "thingy" - maybe an address "list" for anyone who wants? There's lots of room here on this board, though, for sharing, I think! Someone who's more computer-literate may have a way to set it up?

Here's my Scripture for today:

About encouraging one another, the author of Hebrews says:

"Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep His promise. Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of His coming back is drawing near." Hebrews 10:23-25

I think this kind of describes what several of us have been doing on the IBS board: encouraging each other, "meeting together" - even if it IS online! - and holding on tightly to our hope in Christ - our Redeemer, Savior and Friend!

Blessings in Him,
Kaybee C

Re: A Scripture for today 7/28 new
      #15287 - 07/28/03 06:35 PM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Amen! Thank you for that. I needed that today. I wish I knew more of the bible and could find wonderful quotes like that. I'm still new at this so it's wonderful to come here and find some great encouragement from God.

Yours in Christ
Corinne

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26978

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review