All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Digestive Advantage for IBS
      #360981 - 09/16/10 09:13 PM
CherylLynn

Reged: 11/13/08

Has anyone tried this? Heather, do you have any information or suggestions regarding this product?
Product information below:
"Digestive Advantage™ IBS contains a patented probiotic, GanedenBC30 that can help support digestive function. GanedenBC30 are specially isolated cultures that are protected by a hardened layer of organic material that enables their survival through your acidic stomach environment and successfully arrive to your intestines – where they can have the most benefit."

Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Probiotics in general can definitely help IBS... new
      #360986 - 09/17/10 12:18 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

there are a few strains specifically tested for IBS, and DA is one of them. They definitely can't hurt, and might well really help. If you're taking the Tummy Fiber, have it with the probiotics, because the fiber is prebiotic, so it encourages the growth of the probiotics in the gut.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Digestive Advantage for IBS new
      #361054 - 09/21/10 07:04 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I talked to my doctor about this and tried it awhile back. He told me he had patients who swore by it and patients who said it didn't work. I decided to try it and I took it for about a month and it didn't help me at all. The only thing I find that works is the IBS diet and fiber.

Re: Digestive Advantage for IBS new
      #365060 - 06/08/11 04:59 PM
sammylou

Reged: 06/08/11

I have been taking this for about 3 months. I have noticed a slight improvment, but it has not been a "miracle cure" for me or anything like that. I will keep taking it until I run out of pills but will most likely not restock. The thing that seems to improve my symptoms the most is just peppermint pills and controlling my eating habits.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6550

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review