All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tried Jogging!
      #292717 - 12/06/06 11:49 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I was brave this last Sunday......... I went to a different gym location with Shane just to check it out... it is near his office and has different classes and also a pool... so Shane might start going to this one.... anyway...since NOBODY there knew me... I decided I was gonna try to jog on the treadmill.... I set the time for 20 mins and started walking...a few minutes into it... I increased the speed to a whopping 3.4 and jogged for one minute!! Then I walked for about 90 sec - 2mins? and then jogged again for another minute at 3.6... I repeated that 4 more times.... I FELT SO GOOD ABOUT MYSELF!! My feet did hurt a little later that night... but no pain in my knees. I don't think I've mentioned this... but I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it in 2007 or 2008...but I really want to do the Danskin Triathlon one of these days..... biggest challenge will be finding cloths/wetsuit big enough to fit me.....

I'm going to try this..... The Couch To 5K Running Plan to see how I do.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You go, Shell!!! nt- new
      #292728 - 12/06/06 03:54 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Woohoo!!! Great job Shell!!! -nt- new
      #292731 - 12/06/06 04:16 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Wow, that's awesome! Good luck! -nt- new
      #292733 - 12/06/06 04:31 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Thanks you guys!! :) -nt- new
      #292815 - 12/07/06 09:57 AM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Re: Thanks you guys!! :) -nt- new
      #292820 - 12/07/06 11:25 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yeah, Shell! Way to go!

Re: Tried Jogging! new
      #292833 - 12/07/06 12:52 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

The Couch to 5K Running Plan sounds great, Shell. Good luck with it and let us know how it's going. You're my heroine when it comes to exercise!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#292838 - 12/07/06 01:14 PM
Shell Marr

Thanks Sand! I'll keep ya posted... I'm gonna figure out how to get at least two days a week jogging... I will go back to the other club... I DON'T want to do it at the one that I do kickboxing, etc at.... the treadmills are up against the windows so EVERYONE else that is on the stationary bikes, and ellipticals are staring right at your butt and I don't like that.... at this other club, it the only thing looking at my butt is the mirror behind me.... all the other machines (ellipticals & more tread mills) are in front of me.... AND it ALL NEW equipment.... so I'm not afraid of breaking anything and going flying off the machine... like this!! LOL

--------------------

LOL, Shell. Oh, yeah, other club for sure. -nt- new
      #292844 - 12/07/06 01:30 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#294963 - 12/31/06 09:46 AM
Tilden

Reged: 08/13/06
Loc: Bay Area

Congrats! I do a similar walk/run workout on the treadmill. I'm not to the point where I can just get up there and run for a full 20-30 min.

I'd suggest you definitely try to stretch before and after as you start jogging more. It can really help prevent injuries.

I started the couch to 5K last year but stopped when my knees started hurting. My family seems to have a history of knee/ankle issues. I'd still love to do the couch to 5K but I'm not sure how to work around keeping my knees pain free.

Also, make sure you do some of your traning outdoors. In my experience running outside is MUCH harder than on a treadmill. I think if someone only did their traning on a treadmill and then tried to do a 5K outdoors they might be suprised by the difference, at least in my personal experience.

A 5K is such a great goal, I really hope I'm able to get there some day.

--------------------
Jen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5372

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review