All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Hi everyone! What kind of Physical Activities do you Do?
      #150529 - 02/15/05 05:25 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

I purchased a treadmill two years ago. I would try to walk with co-workers at lunch, but one of the lady's hurt her knee. I had to do something since I was trying to do WeightWatchers. So, I talked my DH into getting one.

Since my crohn's flare & kidney surgery, I took three months off from my walking. As soon as the doctor gave me the "all clear" sign, then I started walking again. I have a small radio that I listen to when I walk...something to focus on other than the red dots on the display It has taken me a while, but I finally got back up to 3 miles!

This is going to be a fun board!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Lots! new
      #150544 - 02/15/05 06:02 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'm a sucker for yoga of any kind, and in the summer I love long walks. I also used to play basketball, dearly miss it, and would love to find a local adult team that won't boo, hiss, or throw the ball at me if I have plenty of enthusiasm but little talent.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

This is one I'm still working on... new
      #150548 - 02/15/05 06:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Good for you for getting back up to 3 miles!

I hate exercise in any form... always have, always will. So the "activity" part of getting fit is always going to be my biggest challenge.

I'm blessed to live in a really safe, quiet neighborhood, so I walk when the weather's good. That's not all that often in Maine in the winter, so I do a yoga program and I climb stairs in my house, as much as I can. I guess it's a start.

I got a bellydance set of DVDs for Christmas, but I haven't been brave enough to try them yet. I'm so uncoordinated!

I miss it...but... new
      #150551 - 02/15/05 06:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I used to LOVE being fit! I danced, did aerobic dance, ran, and I LOVE volleyball...though I don't love all the bruises I get playing Since the fibro it's been tough (I got a bad knee...wish I had known then about fibro...overdoing it running in ollege). Wish I could play volleyball...that's the truth! For now I am trying to do a bike trainer...you guys just don't let me slack off, ok!

This is excellent...thakns Heather *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hi everyone! What kind of Physical Activities do you Do? new
      #150569 - 02/15/05 07:13 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I've got a yoga book that I used to do all the time, need to get back into, and I just got a belly dancing book I can't wait to start trying! Other than that, I live a 20 minute walk from campus, so when it's not too cold or icky out, I walk to campus and home with my 15 lb laptop bag (unless my bf's with me, then he insists on carrying my bag)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Ayyyyeeee. I'm such a slacker. new
      #150579 - 02/15/05 07:45 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Anything strenuous makes my IBS flare up. Even walking my daughter to school causes problems as there's a slight incline on the way home and I'm pushing a double stroller with 22kg of kids inside.
I really want to start doing yoga but I get embarrassed doing it in the loungroom with the whole family watching me and my healths not good enough atm to go to a class (you always have to pay in advance) but I'm keen to get motivated to do SOMETHING! I'm with you Casey. The hardest part for me is getting moving too.

--------------------
Amy

I walk and bike.. new
      #150625 - 02/16/05 02:40 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

years ago I was a marathon runner but I injured myself a few too many times... now I bike long distances and walk a lot.. I'd swim if I could find an affordable place to do that...

If I have to bike/walk indoors I like to do it with a book in hand or a tv in front of me set to something fairly mindless...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Hi everyone! What kind of Physical Activities do you Do? new
      #150632 - 02/16/05 03:45 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I do yoga at work for an hour once a week, take an hour and a half yoga class at a fitness centre once a week, and try to swim in my building's pool when I can. In the spring and summer I walk A LOT.

I had a gym membership for three years but found that when I wanted to go (after work) it was always so busy. I do miss doing weights though as they are so healthy for women's bones. I don't miss the crazy gym costs though!

I'm pretty new here, but I'd like to join in too new
      #150641 - 02/16/05 05:09 AM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

I do a variety of exercises including weight lifting, elliptical, Pilates, balance ball and a new tape I just got -- salsa dancing. A friend of mine said I was too "stiff" and needed to start dancing. Just hope I can keep up with all the moves. If not, I'll just keep moving.
Cindy

Re: Hi everyone! What kind of Physical Activities do you Do?
      #150708 - 02/16/05 08:12 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I absolutely love physical activity. When I exercise I get fit and when I feel fit I feel awesome!!

I work out with a personal trainer 2-3 times/week and she has me on a circuit of weights as well as intense abdominal exercises. I do 1 hour of cardio everyday as well.

I find that since I've started exercising I've never felt better!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review