All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Thanks Danie... new
      #9786 - 05/23/03 10:57 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Meg - I thought about using the prune juice in the muffins & completely forgot to put that...duh!

Anyway, if you want to try the spinach, maybe mix it with some pasta/rice, use it a a topping for homemade pizza, or even try a recipe I posted before for Spinach Bread . These options will give you the soluble fiber base for that cushion. Oooh...I just remembered an old recipe I have. It was from the med diet. It was chopped spinach & garlic sautéed in some olive oil mixed with couscous. (It also had pine nuts, but I don't think you'd want to use them!) That might work for you also--although I'm not sure if that would be too much for your system or not. Just use a little. I think it's best to use less than too much and cause an upset.

OK...I had another idea. How about Cream Spinach Soup ? I just found this real quick on fatfree.com, so I have no idea what it tastes like.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Laurie new
      #9799 - 05/23/03 12:44 PM
meg

Reged: 01/29/03

I've tried the lemon water, with no results. I've also tried warm honey water, with no results. My bowel is just soooooo difficult I'm at the point of desperation almost...Thanks for the suggestions though

Meg

Re: Laurie new
      #9803 - 05/23/03 01:08 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Meg - You might try the prune juice diluted with water. Start with a small amount, and try having some soluble fiber supplement (like Citrucel or Equalactin or Benefiber) with it. Try to get some activity as well -just walking, stretching, any exercise you can.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: prune juice new
      #9819 - 05/23/03 03:18 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

We had a little girl at the childcare center where I worked who was prone to bowel obstructions (something about her disability). Anyway, Gerber makes an apple-prune juice that this kid just loved--it apparently was quite palatable. So you might try an apple-prune-water mixture. Good luck! And look, I'm not *recommending* this, exactly, but there was a thread at one point about what to do when you're *desperate*, with a number of different suggestions. You could search for that.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1256 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2775

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review