All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question, What is Peppermint tea???????????
      #96894 - 08/09/04 05:00 PM
aanthony548

Reged: 08/01/04

I am new to the diet and I am a young male straight out of college. I have followed the diet for the past week and I am waiting the arrival of my books I ordered. My question is what is peppermint tea? What type of brand should I purchase? Can I drink this like Ice Tea, or does it have to be hot. Can I add sugar to it.
Please let me know. I want to start drinking this to help my stomach.
Thanks
Anthony

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question, What is Peppermint tea??????????? new
      #96939 - 08/09/04 06:43 PM
bigblue

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: New Jersey...USA

You can buy it in supermarket. My advice drink it hot with a splash of soy milk (vanilla flavor) & one sugar. I`m one of few men here & would advise buying heathers acacia fiber. Along w/diet it helped stabalise me the best.

#96952 - 08/09/04 07:01 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Peppermint tea helps calm the tummy after an IBS bout or just in general. I buy Celestial Seasonings Brand from the supermarket. I'm not crazy about the taste so I add lots of sugar. It really does work though.

Alot of people use Heather's Tummy Tea. I haven't tried it but it I'm sure it works too.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#96971 - 08/09/04 07:46 PM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

I have tried the "stash" and "Bigelow" brands from the grocery store. I always add sugar and it still works.
Heathers Peppermint "tummy" tea works the best for me. If you get that one, just make sure to buy a "tea ball" because the tummy tea is loose leaf. I also recomend getting the Acacia fiber, it's great!
Leslie

#96972 - 08/09/04 07:52 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I second the vote for the Celestial Seasonings; it's easy to find, I've seen it in every supermarket and Wal-Mart I've ever been in.

My advice, in addition to everything else here, is to make it STRONG. Boil the water, put the tea bag in a mug, pour the water over, and seriously let it steep for 8-10 minutes. Not only does it taste better, but the stronger it is, the more medicinal value it has as well.

Oh yeah, and you can drink it as iced tea, too, but hot is a lot more soothing to the insides, especially when you're just starting out and trying to stabilize.

You can also use multiple tea bags - I use 3-4 per cup new
      #96973 - 08/09/04 07:55 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

because otherwise I can't the tea bags to be as strong as the loose Tummy Tea. And it does work better when it's really potent.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#96998 - 08/09/04 10:05 PM
aanthony548

Reged: 08/01/04

Thank you all for the responses. I went to Henrys which is a local organic market in San Diego and I bought the brand called Long Life which is organic peppermint tea. They are tea bags and I tried it tonight and it isn't that bad. It tastes good and does seem to calm the stomach.

Glad you like it new
      #97354 - 08/10/04 10:11 PM
bigblue

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: New Jersey...USA

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 993 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1034

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review