All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Calling All IBS-C People
      #96158 - 08/06/04 05:46 PM

Unregistered

Hi Guys I have an idea that I am hoping will help us. Do you think that all of you who are currently experiencing IBS-C could please come forward and identify yourselves? This way, we could then see a listing in front of our faces so that we will be better able to discuss relevant information that pertains to our particular sensitive guts. I myself have had IBS-C ever since I can remember and finding this board is just FANTASTIC to me.

Thank you to anyone who decides to participate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am a C, and what I have in common with the Statue of Liberty ! new
      #96226 - 08/07/04 08:18 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

This is a good idea, I forget sometimes who is A,B, or C. I have been all three, in the matter of a moment, I can get so C I feel like someone shoved the Statue of Liberty where the sun doesn't shine. Hate when that happens !!

#96233 - 08/07/04 08:36 AM
idendonurse

Reged: 08/03/04

Hi! I've been a "C" since I was 5 or 6, really don't know what an A or D is like! Been doing better lately just taken 40 something years!

Donna

#96281 - 08/07/04 02:17 PM

Unregistered

The Statue of Liberty???!!! ooooh the PAIN that this image conjures up, gigi! Boy do I know it and have felt it, my dear. As a matter of fact, last November, I developed hemorrhoids which then turned into not 1 but 2 anal fissures. Needless to say, I haven't been a happy camper since. Although I DID see doctors for treatment, and I am much better than before, I still feel the discomfort when the ahem going gets rough.

Do you mind telling me how you deal with your C when you have it? Do you have a particular method that works well for you? As for ME, I know what I SHOULD be doing, but I am not what you would call a disciplined personality. I know...I am my worst enemy, and if I ever want to get a grip on this thing, I have to BECOME more disciplined, don't I?

Believe me...I feel for you.

#96282 - 08/07/04 02:24 PM

Unregistered

Donna Dear, PLEEEEASE tell me how you've gotten to this better place in your life. I'm very that you had to suffer to get there but very that you are finally there.

Re: This seems to work for me TODAY new
      #96285 - 08/07/04 02:43 PM
gigi

I seem to be so sensitive right now, I have had many stress issues lately, which also contribute to the C. I can be having maybe 2-3 normal days, and believe me, it has taken years to get those few days, I can turn on a dime and be so C. These are the things I eat to get a little movement going.

Fruit smoothies made from bananas I keep mashed and frozen in ziplocs. I add frozen strawberries, pineapple and a little soy milk and maybe, if it needs a little sweetening some brown sugar. Fruit breads are also good, zucchine bread and banana bread, there are some great recipes here on the boards. Lots and lots of water, and warm liquids like peppermint tea, or what ever type you may like. I am not saying the peppermint helps with the C, its just the warm liquid. FF wheat crackers are good for a carry along snack. When I am not feeling good I always go back to the rice, it keeps me from eating things like cheese nachos . I add a can of chicken broth to the cooked rice, and usually so me sweet peas, seasoned of course. I also love asparagus, thats when I am really CCC.

I hope these ideas may help you, they work for me right now, but tomorrow, who knows?

When I tell my dil about the Statue of Liberty thing, she falls over cracking up. Don't guess she's been as C as us, huh?

C's un-anonymous new
      #96287 - 08/07/04 03:02 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I'm Paula, and I'm C.
("Hi Paula")
Always been C, probably always will be a C.
I'll be 46 this Tuesday and I remember just this past year going, hey, wait a minute... I don't really think this is how everybody else lives. (the DUH moment)
For me, insoluble fiber, portion control, and exercise are the keys. I know there are many for whom there might be such a thing as too much ins fiber, but for me, well, suffice to say, I haven't found that ceiling yet.
Here's where Heather's diet instructions come in though: ins fiber only after sol fiber is what keeps the whole thing from turning into a bloated cement-like mess.
I've been learning ever slowly that small snack sized meals 5-6 times a day are sooo much better for my gastro-intestinal happiness. I've gotten so I really don't eat real meals any more; rather, a smoothy here, a handful of raisins here, a cup of applesauce here, a bowl of rice & a little sashimi here, you get the idea. I actually had about 2 tablespoons-worth of fried onion strings the other day at a restaurant with no major repercussions. As Bill Clinton might have said, it's the portion size, stupid.
And I walk about 3 miles a day. Can't say enough about the benefit of exercise. Sleep better, less PMS symptoms, more regular bowel habits, weight loss, gee, what's not to like?
Find a cool book on tape at the library and it turns into 50 minutes of entertainment. (Right now for me it's Harry Potter)
So, no big revelations here, right?
C's...
come forward!

Re: C's un-anonymous new
      #96292 - 08/07/04 04:15 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

My name is Rachel and I am also a C!

I've been reading everyone's posts trying to think of what to say, and well, I thought I had this thing licked until I got sick with something completely unrelated. To make a long story short, I'm C again, and not getting anywhere...just frustrated (and it's been a couple of weeks). So, I don't have any good words of wisdom for anyone else trying to acheive stability, just that I'm in the same boat.

PS. I have to apologize if I'm sounding a little negative. I've had a terrible day and I'm feeling like this is never gonna get any better. (I'm also due to get my period, so that may be a contributing factor! )

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

I am a "C" new
      #96301 - 08/07/04 05:06 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

I have been a "C" for over 20 years. I eat very carefully...no fried food, dairy, red meat or pork. The essence of Heathers diet is really good although I can't take in that much bread and rice without putting on a ton of weight and I don't want to do that. No carbonated drinks either...sigh.

I do drink one or two Cappucino Slim-Fasts a day as I am not a big eater and the little dairy (non-fat milk) it has in it doesn't bother me. Slim-Fast helps me "GO"...it helps keep me regular.

Giving up cheese was awful as was going off of coffee...I give credit for those who kick the pharmaceutical habit. Breaking myself of coffee was something awful but I haven't had cofee since mid-March.

Prayer helps more than anything!

Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #96559 - 08/08/04 02:46 PM
Ibsed

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Switzerland

I'm in.Wish there were separate boards here for C. and D. and bloating,like on my other IBS help website.It would make looking for help much quicker and easier.
I've been diagnosed as IBS C. but not sure this isn't just lazy doc. syndrome - ie. when they're fed up of trying to work out what's wrong with you and you don't respond to treatment,IBS is a handy label.
I've been shown to have low motility and a very long colon.
IS this what you wanted?

--------------------
C. with bloating,getting steadily worse over about 14 years.

Re: I am a "C" new
      #96669 - 08/08/04 10:30 PM

Unregistered

Good evening, Rachel you, my dear, are very disciplined! Since reading the diet for IBS here, I've begun eating more rice and potatoes and pasta and I haven't gained any weight from them.....yet. I've also stopped eating eggs (do you eat Egg Beaters, btw? I've tried them and they don't seem to sit too well with me). I also eat mayonnaise without yolks (Best Foods® Just 2 Good!® Reduced Fat Mayonnaise http://www.bestfoods.com/products_mayo.asp#just2good
What does it taste like? well...it doesn't taste like the mayo that I've loved ever since I could remember, but I am a tuna fish salad nut and so I eat this with tuna, mixed up with onion and garlic powder. Yes, I know...I miss carbonated drinks too. I long for a Coke - oh how I long for a Coke...every time I drank one, disasterous results would follow and so finally I realized there was a connection between the bloat, gas and cramps and sadly had to give it up.

That's great that the Slim-Fast doesn't have a bad effect on you! I wish it had the same effect on me. I tried to drink it but it gave me gas and bloat.

I hear you about the cheese. I love it too but I know I have to stop eating it and so I've been cutting down on it gradually and feeling better as a result. This darn IBS!

I've never been a coffee drinker but I can definitely sympathize with your loss of it.

Rachel, may I ask you what happens to you if you DO indulge in these things?

That's wonderful to know that prayer helps you. We have to and SHOULD do whatever calms our spirits (and guts). When I don't feel well, some things that help me are: I try to lie down and either watch a comedy on TV land or a favorite movie, cuddle with my boyfriend (he's a great tummy massager ), cuddle with my cat (his purrs are music to my ears), drink a hot, soothing cup of herbal tea, listen to music, read a book.

I know that I must become disciplined every day rather than infrequently, but I guess I am doing it by baby steps at least, because I DO feel better than I did before I came here.

I hope you are feeling well.

#96670 - 08/08/04 10:49 PM

Unregistered

Hi Ibsed So you belong to another IBS board? well I'm glad that you decided to join our little group of C's as well, since the more interaction we have with one another, the more support we can give and receive.

I myself have not been tested by a GI doctor, and so my IBS diagnosis has come from my family internist. Judging by my symptoms (Believe me, I have classic IBS with C) and so I'm sorry but I don't know very much about low motility and what the normal size of a colon should be. Perhaps somebody else on this board will be able to address this for you. I honestly hope so, for your sake hon.

Have you been to more than one doctor for a diagnosis? Do you mind telling us what your symptoms are now? How do you feel these days with your condition? I hope we can be of some help to each other here.

Feel good...

#96671 - 08/08/04 11:21 PM

Unregistered

Hi Paula LOL Nothing like a great sense of humor to get a person through this life of ours, hon!

So you have a birthday tomorrow? I hope you will have the BEST one that you have ever had!!! Do something to celebrate the beautiful person that you are, while eating all of the IBS safe foods, of course, so your tummy will celebrate the day as well).

It sounds to me as if you've already given yourself a great present, since you already had that light bulb go off over your head in regard to getting a handle on your IBS symptoms.

Thanks for such a detailed outline of what your eating/exercising day is like. I have always had an addictive personality and am so undisciplined with my body that it's really quite shameful. As a result, I am still struggling with downsizing my portions. As far as meals go, I eat two meals a day (brunch and dinner), a handful of pretzels for a mid-day snack, plus an evening snack of either some graham crackers or a couple of rice cakes and I try to drink 64 oz. of water when I'm good. I've printed out Heather's guidelines for eating with IBS. Now all I have to do is actually FOLLOW THEM for more than a few days at a time.

A Harry Potter fan, huh? well...I've read all the books and seen all of the films except the latest one so I guess we have HIM in common as well. That's a great idea to listen to books on tape. A great way to relax, especially while walking or biking or swimming. LOL Well anyway, you're RIGHT - I SHOULD try this for myself. Maybe while I am on the treadmill that my cat uses for a bed?

So you DID give some revelations you see, and I thank you for taking the time to speak out. Also thanks for trying to recruit some more C's to this meeting. I hope that they hear you and get on over here soon.

Feel good...

#96672 - 08/08/04 11:44 PM

Unregistered

Oh I'm sorry, Rachel, that you're feeling so down. But despite your mood now, I sense that your humor is still intact. Do you have a list of de-stressors that you can do for yourself? if so, just try and relax and de-stress if you can. At least you decided to let your feelings out...this alone is a little de-stressor. I realize that this is far easier said than done, especially at this not so fun time of the month. It's just not fair! having IBS is bad enough...but getting sick on top of it is just too darn much and it makes me so . I hope that by the time you read this message, you will be feeling much better than you did when you wrote yours.

Whatever it is that has caused this problem, did you see a doctor for some advice for it, hon? If I could wave a magic wand, I would do it right now.

Feel better soon...

Re: This seems to work for me TODAY new
      #96674 - 08/09/04 12:37 AM

Unregistered

Ah gigi...here it is again...our old nemesis, stress. Don't you just love it when you hear the infamous them always say, "Avoid stress." If someone could please tell us how we could achieve this, I think they would be the richest person in the entire world. anyway, hon, I know what you mean from one more sensitive soul to another.

Those smoothies sound really delicious and seem an excellent way for us to get our fruit without causing us trouble in the tummy. For mine I would use Almond milk instead, since I tasted it and am absolutely crazy about it now. I've never yet attempted to make a fruit bread, but I think I will take your advice and try it this coming week for sure. I do drink herbal teas like fennel and peppermint and also some other flavors just to keep from getting bored. As I've said before, I am a very BADthing, as I don't have much discipline when it comes to my health. However, lately I've been thinking that I am sick and tired of getting IBS attacks and so I feel that I am ready to start taking better care of me. As the ape says in one of my favorite movies, "The Jungle Book," oooh, oooh, oooh, I wanna be like you-ooo-ooo..." LOL speaking of being like you-ooo-ooo, I TOO eat rice with chicken soup broth mixed in it and in addition, I like to add some chicken as well as cooked veggies like a can of salt-free Veg-All to the whole mess. I love this dish. Asparagus!!! I didn't even THINK of it!!! thank you my dear, for reminding me of it. Perhaps if I add it in, I won't be so C for a day.

LOL this whole Statue of Liberty thing is really hilarious. It reminds me of my mom, who has a favorite saying, "Why don't you stick an umbrella up your a-- and open it up?" she's too, too funny.

You know a sense of humor is such an important characteristic for a person to have and I'm so happy to see so many people with it here.

Hope the stress levels stay as low as they can...

Tomorrow I am going to be strong!!!! new
      #96675 - 08/09/04 12:54 AM

Unregistered

My dear fellow IBS-C's, tomorrow I will wake up and be a stronger me, I promise!!!! I do not want to continue to be as wishy-washy as I am. I want to feel good and not do anything that will hurt me. I KNOW what to do thanks to this website and all of YOU. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my first note. I feel so empowered and wish you all the best.

I hope to be able to continue our discussions. I'm ready to go to sleep with an enthusiastic heart.

Good night and I hope you all feel better tomorrow.

#96711 - 08/09/04 08:38 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I am a C as well. (not sure what an A is...) Anyway...have been recently diagnosed and came to this diet after several failed diets recommended by the Gastro guy. For the most part am doing well...though I am definately not stable. My period was a problem - but found Estroven PMS and that seems to work well. Last week had hummas and that sent me off in a tail spin, but am on track again. I take each day as it comes. Anne

#96730 - 08/09/04 09:12 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

HI EVERYONE IM C MOST OF THE TIMES. IM NOT D MUCH ANYMORE.
TRY EATING A HONEY OAT GRANOLA BAR BEFORE GOING TO BED. IT DOES HELP ME GO BM. HOPE EVERYONE IS FEELING GOOD THIS WEEK.
ITS ANOTHER MONDAY. JASPER

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

I'm mainly C.... new
      #96801 - 08/09/04 12:19 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

...although if I'm really stressed, I go to A. I am having great results with Heather's diet, although stability has come very slowly.

My key things on top of the regular emphasis on soluble fiber are: exercise daily, insolubles at every meal unless I'm seriously in A land, and lotsa liquids.

--AC

Re: I'm mainly C.... new
      #96829 - 08/09/04 01:47 PM

Unregistered

Hi AC

It's good to hear that you are in a stable place from this diet, even though it may have taken you some time to arrive there.

Patience and stress...two crucial stars in this play. It's not always easy for us is it? but AC, if we want to take care that we don't have a flare-up, we must continually try to be kind to ourselves. Do you mind if I ask what you do to de-stress?

You know when I read your key things for stabilization, it made me think of us as a certain type of delicate flowers...we have so much in common with them, after all. Basically we need love (and support), fresh air, sunshine, natural food and of course the hydration.

Have a beautiful day and I hope you feel well.

#96835 - 08/09/04 02:05 PM

Unregistered

Hi Anne

I believe that an A means alternating between D and C. don't you wish that we could all be R's? (Regular). Perhaps with Heather's diet we can achieve such a state. Oh wouldn't that be loverly?

As Heather has said, it's unfortunate, but most gastros are not as informed about IBS as we would like them to be. Hence, she has done an incredible amount of research on this subject and lucky for us, we have found this great place!

Like you, I myself am not stable either, although I have made a solid commitment to make it my business to be (why does this last statement remind me of my constipation?) anyway, from what a lot of people here say, it appears that our periods play a major part in our conditions, and that's great, Anne, that you found something out there to help you deal with it! How do you feel now? better I hope.

I've been wanting to go to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods and buy some guacamole and hummus. I'm sorry to hear that the hummus made you so sick. Do you mind if I ask you what it did to you exactly? Did you buy it or make it at home from scratch?

You're sooo right when you say that we need to take one day at a time, my dear. That in itself is a wonderful de-stressing thought. Let's try and keep to it...what do you say?

Take care,

#96844 - 08/09/04 02:15 PM

Unregistered

Hi Jaspar

Ok! I'll try anything new. Well...maybe not a live bug... I'll have to try this snack of yours and let you know what happens. Do you go in the morning when you wake up? Do you eat this every night?

Happy Monday to you, too, dear. Have a good one in every way possible.

Happy Birthday Paula!!! new
      #96849 - 08/09/04 02:24 PM

Unregistered

Hi Paula, I hope you are enjoying yourself right at this moment. If you feel like it, please tell us what you did for your birthday.

http://www.specially4u.net/new/bd.htm

Don't worry about the cake being IBS safe...it's a pumpkin cake. Hope it tasted good.

Take care...

Re: Happy Birthday Paula!!! new
      #96857 - 08/09/04 03:26 PM
ptillen

Many thanks for the IBS-safe cake. I'm taking a trip to Chicago tomorrow; Art Museum and who knows what else.

Re: Marilyn, you are an idiot just like ME !!! new
      #96992 - 08/09/04 09:38 PM
gigi

HA HA ! Your mom sounds hilarious, I haven't heard that phrase in ages. I have been a badthing myself the last few weeks, we went to a BBQ Saturday night, they had every type of meat you could think of, I had the chicken (of course) and some brisket. That meat got to me, I have felt the need to stay close to the bathroom ever since. thbbtht.

I had some very sressful news Saturday afternoon involving my dad. We have been estranged for about the last 16 years, only seeing each other at Christmas. I can't talk about it all right now, still trying to digest it and figure out how I am going to help my brother sort this out. IT breaks my heart, can't say much more right now. My tummy has been hurting all day, Idon't think it is going to stop hurting until we get him situated and I don't know what that is going to take.

Love talking to ya girl, keep on laughing and joking, its the best way to make it through the day !! gayla

#97008 - 08/10/04 03:13 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I am mainly IBS C, but have been known to swing to the D on occasions...but mainly spend my time making sure I don't get backed up. Eat only wholewheat bread (but no more then three slices a day), brown rice, vegies...and don't mix my proteins and starches at meals.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#97018 - 08/10/04 05:51 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

The hummas was store bought - but it had a low fat content. Anne

#97065 - 08/10/04 07:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have been IBS C for about 19 years! About 3 years ago or so I started taking Miralax everyday and that usually prevents things from getting too backed up. I do get some D from the Miralax but its so much better than being stopped up!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#97069 - 08/10/04 08:02 AM
RachelT

I've also tried the Miralax. I wish I could say the same thing...but it made things worse for me! (and I have a HUGE container of it, blah!!!)

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Calling All IBS-C People/mineral oil new
      #97086 - 08/10/04 08:30 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I have been taking mineral oil for the c but then end up with d. It also seems to upset my tummy making it feel raw and hard for me to eat the next day but i do seem to be less bloated for a day or two. after a few days the c starts to come back. has anyone else tried this or had these results and side effects?
God Bless
Heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

#97087 - 08/10/04 08:33 AM
RachelT

I never used mineral oil, instead I would use prune juice!!! It would just make me feel ten times worse. I didn't actually start feeling better until I started following Heathers diet very strictly.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#97162 - 08/10/04 12:52 PM
AstroChick

Quote:

Patience and stress...two crucial stars in this play. It's not always easy for us is it? but AC, if we want to take care that we don't have a flare-up, we must continually try to be kind to ourselves. Do you mind if I ask what you do to de-stress?

Walking, yoga, meditation, having a purring cat sit on my belly, reading, watching the Weather Channel... There are many different things I do!

--AC

#97333 - 08/10/04 08:07 PM
ptillen

All those things AstroChick recommends (with the possible exception of TWC ) Plus...
I can't say enough about the hot pad. I did purchase one of the hotpads available on this site; it keeps its hot for a long time and the heat directly on the abdomen is very stress relieving, plus I actually think it's quite helpful in reducing bloating.

#97574 - 08/11/04 03:26 PM

Unregistered

Hi Michele

I pooed yesterday but it was my usual hard and hurting experience and to tell you the truth, your Miralax Homepage is sounding very good to me right now.

I am also thinking of buying this stuff called Oxy-Powder Homepage because I am sick and tired of this problem already!

I WAS strong but I'm still C and disgusted by it new
      #97576 - 08/11/04 03:40 PM

Unregistered

Hi You Guys,

Yesterday I woke up, drank my fennel tea, ate my cheerios cereal and almond milk, had some graham crackers, drank water and then for dinner had salmon, baked potato and green beans. (I always eat 2 meals a day, brunch and dinner).

I went shopping to Wal-Mart, where I walked around the store for some exercise (I just LOVE this place, since I love to spend money .

In the evening I watched tv with my cat Furby cuddled against me, then had a nice, long soak in an aloe bubble bath while listening to music for half an hour.

Does this sound like a nice day to you, my new-found friends? well it would have been great, except for the fact that I had a horrible time on the toilet after brunch, straining until I passed a little, hard stool. (Don't you just love the fact that we get so descriptive at times, here?) . Anyway, I began the day full of good intentions (and full of you-know-what-else) and now I am about ready to buy that Miralax and/or Oxy-Powder!!!

#97578 - 08/11/04 03:49 PM

Unregistered

Oh sorry, Rachel. What a drag for you, hon. Do you mind if I ask what exactly it did to you? Perhaps everyone's system is different and that's why it works so well for Michele? Sometimes this whole thing gets me so !!!!!!!

#97584 - 08/11/04 04:01 PM

Unregistered

Hi dailiatree

Isn't it fun, having to live our daily lives with our bowels constantly on our minds? (nice image THAT brings up, doesn't it?)

Do you mind if I ask whether you go every day? After reading the Oxy-Powder website, I am beginning to think that we should all be going at least one time a day and right now I am finding myself fantasizing about this and how I would be to be able to do so.

#97588 - 08/11/04 04:11 PM

Unregistered

Hi AC (love your initials

The ones we have in common with one another are: having a purring cat sit on my belly (or against it) , reading, and watching the Weather Channel (right now it's 97 degrees, which could be much worse, like it was yesterday, at 104) . Nothing like a nice heat wave to make our stress levels rise. You should hear me tell everyone I know how much I love the guy who invented the idea for the air-conditioner.

Do YOU go every single day? I believe I'm beginning to become a bit paranoid about this...

Re: Happy Birthday Paula!!! new
      #97591 - 08/11/04 04:16 PM

Unregistered

Glad you liked it, hon. Hope it was tasty. Did you enjoy your trip? I LOVE art museums AND who knows what else.

To my fellow idiot Gayla ;) new
      #97604 - 08/11/04 05:00 PM

Unregistered

My mom IS hilarious, Gayla! you should hear some of the things that she says. My boyfriend Chris and I love to watch the news on tv with her...her comments always crack us up and these days we sure could use a few giggles while watching the news.

A BBQ? oh yum...lucky you and also unlucky you. I'm sorry you had to pay for your enjoyment of that food. BBQ is one of my very favorites and every time I have it, I TOO pay the price. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!! Well on the bright side, at least you were able to go to potty when you needed to. The last time I had BBQ I made the stupid mistake of thinking that I could go star-gazing with Chris and his mom and there were no toilet facilities within 20 miles of our spot. I was so sick in the car until we finally got to a gas station, that I didn't think I was going to make it in alive. It was one of the worst evenings I have ever spent and I will NEVER AGAIN eat something like that if I know that I will not be within 5 minutes of a toilet.

We now have two things in common, Gayla...although the family dynamics may be different, I am estranged from MY father as well and so in a way I understand what you are going through, my dear . I hope you have people around you for support...it's what you need in your life right now. I also hope that this situation resolves itself as soon as possible and that your sensitive system doesn't get too upset for too long. Do all of the things that you can do to de-stress it. It is vitally important that you take care of you too.

I'm glad that we met here and if you ever feel like talking more privately, please feel free to do so anytime that you'd like to.

Take care and try to keep a positive outlook you hear? I know it isn't always easy, but just try your best.

Re: I WAS strong but I'm still C and disgusted by it new
      #97618 - 08/11/04 05:32 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

I am IBS-C and have been following Heather's diet for about 3 months now. She recommended taking Citrucel (the powder-not sugarfree). I take it once a day every morning. That has helped me to have a normal bowel movement every morning. I only really go once a day, except when I'm having a bad IBS day of gas and bloating. That's when I struggle and barely nothing comes out.

Have you tried Citrucel?

Metamucil...isn't that the one that helps the volcano go everyday? new
      #97837 - 08/12/04 01:22 PM

Unregistered

Hi and thanks for caring enough to reply, mandm1129

No, I haven't tried this one yet but I think I will buy it and give it a go.

Take care...

#97843 - 08/12/04 01:27 PM

Unregistered

Jaspar, I just wanted to let you know that last night I had a granola bar before I went to bed and this morning I had a small (yay) but very painful (sob) poop. I think I'll keep eating the granola bars before bed, plus I'm going to start taking Metamucil and see what this combination does for me.

I am trying all of you guys' ideas before I get desperate enough to do "the cleanse." Did anyone see the movie, "Liar, Liar" with Jim Carrey? if so, do you remember "the claw?" lol anyway, thanks again for caring enough to share with me your particular method.

Take care...

Re: Calling All IBS-C People/Milk of Magnesia IT WORKS new
      #97948 - 08/12/04 11:09 PM
Charlotte

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX

I'm a IBS-C also and feel lucky to have found a Dr. who had many IBS patients - he suggested I take Milk of Magnesia (the Cherry flavor is good - Phillips brand) every evening with a glass of warm water (I couldn't do the warm water but a glass of hot peppermint tea works). The warm liquid helps the MOM work faster - like over night! He suggested I take 2 TBS at first and if that wasn't enough to increase it by 1 TBS or less till I was able to go the next morning without difficulty or it causing D. This really works and I can take it every night because there isn't anything in MOM that will hurt me.

Hope this helps and you all feel better real soon!!

Edited by Charlotte (08/12/04 11:19 PM)

Re: Hey Marilyn, I am a TOTAL IDIOT !!! new
      #97951 - 08/12/04 11:19 PM
gigi

Marilyn, thanks so much for the support, I have been away from my pc and tonight I found this reply from you.

I would love the chance to talk to you privately, I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and won't be back for about 9 days, I will be getting back with you after my return !!

You be sure to take care of yourself too, I am feeling alot better after eating rice and potatos most of the week, .

I hope your C gets better soon. Have you tried Acidophilus (sp)? I got mine at Wal Mart after reading a post on it here. Get the one with live cultures, I think they have it behind the counter. I just got mine in the vitamin section, it seems to work fine, though I do not take it every day. I just take it when I get desperate. It works over night for me. Try some.

bye.

Re: Metamucil...isn't that the one that helps the volcano go everyday? new
      #97952 - 08/12/04 11:22 PM
Charlotte

Before you go buy Metamucil try Milk of Magnesia first. It really works for me. See my response above for full details.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but .... new
      #97972 - 08/13/04 05:49 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I thought taking Milk of Magnesia on a regular basis was not a good idea, and in fact, could be harmful. That is pretty strong stuff, and basically, like taking a laxative, such as ExLax, every day for the rest of your life. If you start taking it regularly, won't you become dependent upon it?

And I can't imagine taking as much as your doctor suggested. I'm C and when I take only 1/2 teaspoon of that stuff, I can't leave the house the next day for having such bad D.

Yes, my GI doc recommended I take it everyday too, but I thought he was a totally idiot---and I ran from him as fast as I could!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

#97981 - 08/13/04 06:41 AM
carey28

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Boston, MA

IBS-C Unite!! I am wondering too about the milk of mag.--is it really bad for you?? When i get really desperate (once a month or so) I take a laxative, ex-lax usually..but I know it's not good for the body...isn't MOM the same??

Re: MOM has addictive agents new
      #97983 - 08/13/04 06:48 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

My GI also had me taking MOM everyday in the beginning of my diagnosis. However, she weaned me off of it because it has ingredients that cause you to become dependant on it. Yes it works great but you don't want to become dependant on it. I suggest a SFS instead. Maybe slowly decrease the MOM and increase the SFS.

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: I am IBS-C -nt- new
      #97984 - 08/13/04 06:49 AM
Wookie

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong, but .... new
      #98052 - 08/13/04 11:46 AM
Charlotte

Dear beaglelover: All I know is that my doctor said MOM was safe to use every day as it does not contain any stimulants. I don't need to take it every day but when I'm constipated MOM works faster than anything else - so I don't have to suffer from severe constipation, bloating and pain. Of course just because I need 2 TBS doesn't mean you would need to take the same dosage to get the results.

Perhaps Heather might find time to help us determine whether this is harmful or not. :confused:

Yep - it's not safe, and it can cause bowel addiction new
      #98059 - 08/13/04 12:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

The more you use a laxative (any laxative - stimulant, osmotic, whatever), the more your bowel will come to rely on the laxative. Use it too often, and your bowel won't function - at all - without it. Reach that point and it is very, very difficult to wean yourself off a laxative and get your bowel to start functioning again on its own.

I'd personally find a new doc - this isn't some new discovery, and he should be well aware of the risks. It's a much better idea to try and gradually add a soluble fiber supplement, working up to 12-15 grams a day (or even higher if you need to), with lots of water and physical activity (this is essential), as much insoluble fiber as you can tolerate, and using something like Miralax (probably the safest laxative currently available) if you truly need to, but only in the smallest and least freqent dose necessary.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#98101 - 08/13/04 01:28 PM

Unregistered

Hi Heather

I feel bad for you that you have to suffer like this just to try and stabilize your system.

I've tried something called Kondremul which is contains
mineral oil in it and it has sort of a vanilla-type taste. I took 5 Tblspns. of it and it still didn't help me.

I am going to lick this problem once and for ALL!!!

Re: I am IBS-C -nt- new
      #98102 - 08/13/04 01:30 PM

Unregistered

Hi Davina

Nice to meet you, my fellow IBS-Ced one. Wish it could be under better circumstances.

#98107 - 08/13/04 01:36 PM

Unregistered

Hi carey28 I TOO have taken MOM for my C. It helps overnight and feels soooo great to go in the morning but the problem is that 2 days later the horrible feeling is back once again and so of course is the need to take MOM once again. It's a vicious cycle, and one that I am determined to break out of once and for all!!!

#98109 - 08/13/04 01:38 PM
heather7476

My Doctor has told me to stop taking it because I was not reacting well to it. It is supposed to be the most gently and safe thing you can take. It worked I went with in 6hours of taking it but my tummy hated it. Lucky me It was in the lax isle at the store. It was colorless, taste less, and pure mineral oil. I just wish my tummy liked it.
God Bless
Heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Re: Hey Marilyn, I am a TOTAL IDIOT !!! new
      #98110 - 08/13/04 01:41 PM

Unregistered

Hi Gayla

You'll probably read this when you come back from vacation. I Hope you have/had a fabulous time!

Believe it or not, there's actually a few things that I haven't tried yet and Acidophilus is just one of them, I guess.

So glad you're feeling better!!!

Looking forward to talking to you soon...

Re: Calling All IBS-C People/Milk of Magnesia IT WORKS new
      #98113 - 08/13/04 01:49 PM

Unregistered

Hi Charlotte I use MOM myself whenever I can't stand the feeling of carrying around a rock anymore. The problem is that in 2 days or so the rock is back and sometimes it feels like twins. After doing lots of research myself (and especially seeing what Heather had to say) I'm sorry to say that I don't agree with what your doctor about the ongoing use of MOM for us, and I am worried that your system will find this out before too long. How I WISH that we could take it without fear for our systems! Anyway, I think I have come to a decision as to what I am going to do. I'll let you all know in a brand new note, ok?

#98115 - 08/13/04 01:56 PM

Unregistered

Hi beaglelover It is my opinion that you did a very good thing by leaving that GI as quick as you could. As I said before, I now believe that depending upon laxatives is NOT the way to get a handle on our C, as they can definitely make us dependent upon them.

I believe that I have found a solution for myself, and anyone else here who is interested in trying this, which I will tell you about in a separate posting.

Re: Yep - it's not safe, and it can cause bowel addiction new
      #98118 - 08/13/04 02:02 PM

Unregistered

Hi Heather Thank you so much for your validation regarding laxatives. I've reseached it on the net and of course would not quesion your expertise when it comes to this. I am finding myself at the point where I can no longer tolerate my ongoing C and so I've decided to attack it once and for all. You may find yourself disagreeing with the method I have chosen, but for now I feel strong in my conviction to try it.

I appreciate everything you continue to do for us.

Re: Nice to meet you too Marilyn! new
      #98127 - 08/13/04 02:20 PM
Wookie

I was glad to find this site when I did!! I know you will benefit just as much as I have.

--------------------
~Wookie

I have made a decision on how to treat my C new
      #98129 - 08/13/04 02:22 PM

Unregistered

My fellow C friends, After having lol "digested" all of your thoughts, ideas and information that you have been so kind enough to share with me upon this board, I have decided that I must give Oxy-Powder a chance to see what it can do to hopefully change my system. I have read their website from beginning to end and I have already sent in my order a little while ago.

Now I fully realize that this cleanse will put my system through a rough time for a few days, but in the end I am hoping that it will truly do what it promises that it will do. If it works the way I am hoping it will, I intend to stay on their program for the rest of my life.

I would like to let you know what my experience with it will be. In the meantime, I am more than grateful to have this place to "talk" with you, and will certainly be here to share not only our problems with our C, but I hope to meet you in the Livingroom as well so that we can share more about our lives in general.

Take care all and I hope that this day will be a good one for you...

#98154 - 08/13/04 04:01 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

In Heather's book, she recommends Citrucel over Metamucil. I can't quite remember the reason why. She also suggests NOT buying the sugar-free kind. If you do buy it, start by taking it once a day in 8 oz. of water. It has a decent taste to it. I only use it once a day. It's supposed to help to regulate bowel movements.

Hope it helps you out!!

#98178 - 08/13/04 06:29 PM
dmosher

Loc: New Hampshire

I am IBS-C, have been for about two years that I remember ... Diagnosed about 4-5 months ago - went on Zelnorm - for 6 weeks, cause severe D after the 4-5 week went off it had a bunch of tests done and nothing and have been doing this diet since last Thursday and my bloating and C went away and was having rgular daily BM every day until two days ago - I am tryingto figure out what I did different - but am not bloated...anyway, that is me - Donell...

--------------------
Donell

#98179 - 08/13/04 06:32 PM
dmosher

not with the oil but over the past maybe 6 months after 4-5 days of not going, and being so bloated it hurt to move I wodl go to the doctor and he had me do exlax, enima's, etc and I got sick from them and did not feel right inside...

--------------------
Donell

#98180 - 08/13/04 06:34 PM
dmosher

How long have you been doing Heathers diet??

--------------------
Donell

#98181 - 08/13/04 06:39 PM
dmosher

Some of the other fiber supp.'s have ingredients in them that cause bloating - met. and cit. are good for you - I found this out by reading her book - I had been taking (per my doctor) Benefiber chewable tablets the max in a day and it only made things worse - found out through Heathers book that Benefiber has Inulin in it which is know for causing bloating...

--------------------
Donell

#98182 - 08/13/04 06:46 PM
dmosher

That is what I am getting at - I am a C as well and just started this diet and found that if I go without eating anything for more then 3 hours the next time I do eat I feel like I am getting bloated...and the exercise is absolutely the key I had been walking at the gym almost 2 miles every day since I started the diet and the last two days I did not go and I can feel a difference - one ex. is I have not had a BM in two days - you would think that would not be a big deal cause I am use to waiting almost a week at times before I could go - lol...but since the day I started the diet I was haveing regular BM every morning...
Anyway just wanted to say how much I agree...

--------------------
Donell

#98183 - 08/13/04 06:50 PM
dmosher

My goodness, yes your period defenitely makes it worse - I was on mine last week and seemed as the the blosting was twice the size and pain that it usualy is!!! But once I started a day or two later it got better...
I feel for you - There have been so many days I have just cried and cried cause it hurts and its ugly and you can fit into anything and no one understands they just look at you like you have five heads...
I am SO GLAD I found this website...I never knew how many people out there had what I had...and felt what I felt...
Hang in there...

--------------------
Donell

#98327 - 08/14/04 06:38 PM
Charlotte

Thanks Heather for clarifying that MOM isn't good for us. I assumed my Dr. was correct since the bottle says Stimulant Free. I don't use it every day - probably only a few days per month. I feel like I take a ton of soluble fiber every day and still have trouble with C!

I suffered the worst IBS attack last weekend (I still can't eat anything other than soluble fiber). I've been unemployed since 11/03 and recently started working as a temp. I've always had a problem with anxiety (since I was a small child) and have found that stress/anxiety cause my flareups more than diet.

I currently take Bentyl when needed & Lexapro (an anti-depresant) once a day. This does help my anxiety somewhat but if I get really upset about something I know I'm going to have an attack within a day or so. Happens every time.

Besides being IBS-C I can't seem to avoid my body being full of gas even when I'm regular. Over the counter gas pills don't work. I exercise by walking 30 mins. every day. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

#98335 - 08/14/04 07:08 PM
Charlotte

I just ordered more Acacia powder a few days ago from Heather & decided I'd try the hot/cold packs. If I could find something I can use at work that helps the bloating and pain I would be in heaven!! I sit a lot at work unfortunately and even with walking twice/day during my breaks I still look like I'm 6 months pregnant by the time I've worked 8 hours.

I'll be counting the hours till the mail comes - has anyone else had success with these packs?

#98353 - 08/14/04 09:07 PM
jasperlovel

everyone try taking the digestive advantge. its helping me with c. i ben on it for 2 days now. its for bloating, dirrea, gas, constipation, and cramps. www.ganedenbiotech.com you try free samples first. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#98374 - 08/15/04 12:50 AM
jasperlovel

badthing hope you feel better this week. jasper.
were all here to help you

--------------------

Re: C's un-anonymous to bad thing new
      #98375 - 08/15/04 12:56 AM
jasperlovel

badthing i eat the gronola bar before going to bed. then i move bm as soon as i wake up. jasper

--------------------

#98385 - 08/15/04 07:37 AM
ssr

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: St. Louis, MO

good idea! I am IBS-C, sort of...colon seems 'lazy', prone to lots of gas, bloating and doesn't want to 'do anything' on its own. Have used various fibers on/off for years and stimulated it with hot liquid. Nothing seems to really solve or get me 'regular'. Have been through all tests, incl. fructose intolerance, LEAP food sensitivity test, etc. etc., seen lots of alternative docs in addition to traditional. Happy to share and hopefully help...however, am trying not to log on here too often...its an obsessive enough problem! Will check in once/twice per week.

#98477 - 08/15/04 02:08 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Charlotte, and welcome! I'm D not C, but I noticed that you just joined the board recently and I wanted to say hi! Lots of folks here swear by Heather's acacia or the SFS of their choice. I've joked that I would inflict bodily harm on anyone that tried to take mine away from me!! And we IBS-D folks also bloat up and get that really attractive preggy look!! At one point we were threatening to start our own comfortable clothing line!!

Anyway, welcome and looking forward to getting to know you!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#98551 - 08/15/04 07:52 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Hey guys! I'm IBS-C, and the one thing that helps me is Metamucil I know Heather says some people have bad reactions to it, personally it works great for me! So I recommend you guys try it a bit and see how it works, personally it's the only thing that works. And it also helps me to eat more kinds of foods without attacks.

--------------------
IBS-C

#98649 - 08/16/04 11:09 AM
sirigul

Reged: 08/16/04

A recommendation to you might be to try an SSRI (Selective Seritonin Reuptake Inhibitor)called Paxil (Also used to treat anxiety). Of course I'll leave it up to you to do your own research, but some studies show that IBS can be related to seritonin levels in the lower intestine (Studies show that Seritonin is found more in the lower intestine than the brain). Theoretically your bowells are depressed. I fully believe this medication may be of assistance to you. sirigul@bellsouth.net

Hi ssr :) new
      #99463 - 08/19/04 01:07 PM

Unregistered

Hi ssr I'm glad you like my idea, hon.

So sorry to hear that you are another IBS sufferer. In fact, your gut sounds just like mine.

No matter WHEN you come here, it will be good to share with you.

Take care and let us know how you are feeling, ok?

Hi fishnets :) new
      #99464 - 08/19/04 01:14 PM

Unregistered

Hi fishnets I've done some research about Metamucil and notice that like you guys say, it can have bad reactions in some people (I think it can cause gas, bloating, etc.) which to ME is enough to say "no thanks" to it. Anyway, it seems our individual systems are VERY individual since if this stuff works for you, then that's something to celebrate!

I hope you have many good feeling days/nights.

Hi Donell :) new
      #99470 - 08/19/04 01:28 PM

Unregistered

Hi Donell Don't you wish that a med like Zelnorm could keep your system functioning forever and without the D at all? It just seems to me that if they are going to invent something to help us IBS-C's, then it ought to be something that we can count on to HELP!!! I'm sorry you had to experience that awful D.

I believe that Heather's diet is a gift for all of us and I have been following it as closely as I possibly can. I'm happy to know that it has helped YOUR system as well but sorry to hear that you have hit a snag again. Our bodies are soooo sensitive, aren't they? perhaps yours didn't like whatever you ate/drank. How are you feeling now? any better lately? well at least that horrible bloat went away (I hate it too).

I hope you are feeling better today...

Hi Doe :) new
      #99479 - 08/19/04 01:40 PM

Unregistered

Doe, this site has been a life-saver for me, as far as learning about my condition in depth and finding the safest way possible for me to eat. I'm SO glad to know that you are being helped as well!

Take care...

Hi jasper :) new
      #99483 - 08/19/04 01:50 PM

Unregistered

Oh I LOVE hearing when someone is being helped to feel better by a product that actually does what it says it will do for you.

Is it still working for you, jasper? it BETTER be!

I TOO have found something that is working for me now and I will be posting to all of you guys about it in a new post of its own (it deserves it).

Take care...

Hi Paula :) new
      #99488 - 08/19/04 01:59 PM

Unregistered

Hi Paula Ok...AstroChick and you have talked me into trying the heating pad idea. It's sort of like a bath, but lying on the couch. Ok...I have a new book by Danielle Steel just WAITING for me to dive into it).

Hope you feel good today...

Hi AstroChick :) new
      #99493 - 08/19/04 02:03 PM

Unregistered

Hi AstroChick I wanted to say thank you for the heating pad idea that just came to me via ptillen's post.

Hope you're feeling good today, hon.

Hi Charlotte :) new
      #99498 - 08/19/04 02:09 PM

Unregistered

Hi Charlotte Oh can I ever empathize with you on this terrible bloating feeling that we get. I HATE IT!

I can imagine that you're impatient to get your hot/cold packs. Please let us know how you feel once you've tried them, hon.

I hope they work for you...

Hi LauraSue :) new
      #99505 - 08/19/04 02:34 PM

Unregistered

Hi LauraSue Well I just learned something new from you today...you "D" guys bloat up TOO? well I'm very sorry to hear about this as it is just a horrible feeling and one that I can't stomach (I know...bad joke, but I couldn't help myself). I think with your sense of humor you will certainly understand...

I promise not to try and steal your acacia...I'm much too non-violent a person for that!

I hope you're feeling well today, hon.

Take care...

No more C for ME!!!!!!!!!! :::::) new
      #99512 - 08/19/04 03:00 PM

Unregistered

Oh guys, I've FOUND it!!!!! the product that works for ME!!!! I tried the Oxypowder and I am now enjoying the sheer pleasure of daily movements again!!!!!!! I followed the directions that came with the bottle of pills and so far these past two mornings I have gone to the potty twice before the clock struck high noon!!! As you can see for yourselves, I am definitely THRILLED about this fact, for now I feel like a (ahem) regular human being again!!!! My stomach is not bloated - no, not at all and there are no words to tell you how fantastic THAT makes me feel!!!!!!! I am just so beside myself with pure joy to be able to share all of this exciting news with you all here that although I realize that I'm babbling on and on, to be honest with you, I just can't HELP it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anybody reading this would like to ask me any questions, please feel free to go right ahead, my dears.

I am well aware that not every product will be the one that will work for everybody, but well...if this continues to be the one for me, I may never be constipated for the rest of my life!!!!!!

Ok...I think I'll take my newfound energy and happiness and dance around as I water my plants.

I wish you ALL the feeling that I have in me right now...

Re: No more C for ME!!!!!!!!!! :::::) new
      #99522 - 08/19/04 04:22 PM
heather7476

Glad your feeling better Keep us informed on how it goes.
God Bless
Heather7476

--------------------
Heather7476

Caution! Caution! new
      #99566 - 08/19/04 07:06 PM
ptillen

I'd advise caution about this Oxy- powder stuff for a couple of reasons.
1. I'm made very suspicious by the fact that nowhere on their website will they actually provide a list of ingredients. The closest they come is an advertizing- type spiel.
2. This article, from an always well-researched and often cited and quoted website, debunks many of the claims that Oxy- powder makes. The Urban Legend Reference Pages
The whole thing smells like snake oil to me. Maybe Heather might be able to research the product more and find out some more concrete information than they're willing to provide. Me, I'd like nothing better than for there to be a panacea for the big C, but somehow I don't think this is it.

#99582 - 08/19/04 09:41 PM
Charlotte

Thanks for the advice. I tried Paxil a few years ago - it made me a zombie!! Now I take Lexapro plus Xanex SR. I've always had a problem with anxiety so this combo does keep me from have major anxiety attacks. However, I'm beginning to wonder if the Lexapro is helping me since I keep having flareups.

My main goal is to stay on Heahter's diet every day. It's hard not to get to drink a soda now and then but sometimes we just have to give up some things to get well.

Re: Hi Charlotte :) new
      #99583 - 08/19/04 09:46 PM
Charlotte

I rec'd my hot/cold packs and can say that it does work. Unfortunatly its too heavy to walk around with it. But the main thing is it does soothe my colon. It's a really cool product. I'd recommend it to anyone to help ease the pain.

#99584 - 08/19/04 09:51 PM
Charlotte

Hi Laura - thanks for making me feel welcome. I've had Heather's books for 3 years now and receive her newsletter, but just hadn't joined the message board.

I'm so glad I have joined - just to be able to discuss and share our failures and successes!!

Re: Hi AstroChick :) new
      #99629 - 08/20/04 06:37 AM
AstroChick

Hi! I'm a very happy camper now that it's apple season. Amazing how much more regular one gets when one eats an apple or two a day! (Yep, raw, peel and all. I tend to be at my most stable in the fall, so they're just the ticket for me after I have some nice sourdough bread.)

Glad you're enjoying the heating pad! I like having a cat sit on my belly too, but they're apt to either run off for food or to start kneading with their claws....

--AC, looking forward to the Cortlands and Braeburns

I'm C, and a little worried at the moment new
      #99630 - 08/20/04 06:41 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hello! I decided to come join the C club here. I'm also IBS-C, although about a year and a half ago when my IBS suddenly got worse I was A for quite a while. But now I'm back to C, a problem I've had ever since I was a young child. Luckily I have been able to get it pretty well under control by making sure I eat enough insoluble fiber foods, taking SFSs, and drinking hot tea or soy coffee in the mornings to get things moving. My biggest problems usually happen when I go on vacation, etc. and get off my normal routine... that often leads to pretty bad bouts of C. I'm actually a little nervous because I just got a new teaching job and will be moving and starting the school year within the next 2 weeks. Between the stress of moving and having to start a whole new routine I'm afraid my colon will be thrown off track. I just figure I'll have to go with the flow and make sure I establish a healthy routine and fits with my new schedule... I know, easier said than done. So anyway, that's where I am at the moment. I agree with what someone said earlier about how worrying about how well our colons are moving can really start to control our lives... isn't it sad??

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Hi Kree :) new
      #99818 - 08/20/04 05:39 PM

Unregistered

Good to have you here, but I wish we could have met without suffering with IBS!

I'm with you, about how frustrating stress can be for us, hon. At this time in your life, when not one but two such exciting life changes are happening for you, you should be able to enjoy them, instead of worrying about this darn IBS and how it will be effecting your system. Speaking from personal experience, I really feel for you and your colon.

You already sound like you to are doing your best to try and keep following Heather's diet but may I gently suggest that you also try and do as many de-stressing-type of activities that you can do? In your profile, I read that your hobbies include: music, reading (especially fantasy novels), baking, and writing short stories and poetry. It's wonderful that you are so creative, so pick an idea and go to it, my dear! Even though you may be busy preparing for the next two weeks, you just have to take some "You breaks" no matter WHAT!!!

Perhaps we can meet again soon in the Living Room, where we can talk more about our lives.

Take care of yourself, Kree. Hope your system starts to feel better soon.

Re: Hi LauraSue :) new
      #99820 - 08/20/04 05:47 PM
LauraSue

Marilyn, I love your bad jokes!! But I sure wish you'd been able to avoid using the cleanse stuff. I know you did your research and made your decision and all that but my gut tells me (bad joke back atcha!! ) that it's not the best choice for most people. How are you doing on Day 2 after the cleanse? Still okay? I'm really glad you feel better, sweetie. I just worry about the long term effectiveness of it. Well, we shall see.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Hi AstroChick :) new
      #99821 - 08/20/04 05:49 PM
LauraSue

AC, that's so funny. I have a severe allergy to apples, so an apple a day doesn't keep MY doctor away! It puts me in the emergency room. And of course I loved them, grew up on them. Now I don't miss apples but I sure miss peaches -- yup, same allergy!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: I'm C, and a little worried at the moment new
      #99822 - 08/20/04 05:53 PM
LauraSue

Kree, aren't you still one of the moderators for this board? I know you haven't been around much lately, but you helped me SO MUCH when I first joined the board last winter. You have so much wisdom and such a great attitude. If there's any justice in the world, you'll fly through this transition without a peep or a gurgle from your tummy!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Caution! Caution! new
      #99827 - 08/20/04 06:04 PM

Unregistered

Hi Paula thanks for your concern about the Oxy-Powder, hon.

I went to the link that you provided but I honestly can't say that I saw anything there that would cause me to rethink my need for the product.

Here is some information from the Oxy-Powder's label:

SUPPLEMENT FACTS
-------------------------
Serving size: 5 capsules
Calories: 0
Shelf life: 4 years from purchase

Each serving contains (5 capsules): 100% Daily Value
Complex Magnesium Compound: 3425 mg.*
Organic Germanium-132: 27.5 mg.*
Natural Citric Acid: 125 mg.*

Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsules.
Percentage daily values are based on 5 capsules and a 2000 Calorie diet. *U.S. RDA not established for % daily value.

Perhaps Heather WILL decide to look into this real soon. I would certainly be interested in what she had to say.

As of today since it is continuing to help free me from horrible, constant constipation (not to mention the pain and suffering that went along with it) and I am not noticing any dibilitating effects, I think I'll just stick with it and trust that this company is on the up and up.

Take care and feel good...

Thanks, LauraSue :) new
      #99838 - 08/20/04 06:28 PM

Unregistered

Thanks, Laura, for not only loving my bad jokes but also for caring enough about me to ask about how I feel. You're very sweet. I'm really doing well so far on this Oxy-Powder thing. I may be a tiny bit more tired than usual (but I have CFS so it's hard to tell with this) but other than that, I feel so much lighter both in body and spirit.

Hope YOU feel good...

#99888 - 08/21/04 06:31 AM
ptillen

OK, so its main ingredient is magnesium, which, seemingly, makes it not very different from milk of magnesia. Just another laxative that you can get hooked on, and in the long run, is not gonna be helpful to you. Plus they're soaking you to the tune of $40 a bottle, when you can go to Walgreens and get MOM for 6 bucks.
I still think we can do better.

#111179 - 10/07/04 01:55 PM
soffie

Reged: 09/14/04

I am IBS-C and have been for about 2 years now. I am 19 years old, and hate this because it affects what I wear (being C doesn't make you feel too attractive), activities I participate in, partying, dating, and trips I go on with friends, and even what college I go to because I need a private room to feel comfortable "trying" to use the bathroom. I'm sure all of you know the feelings that I have, it just feels good to vent and be able to talk about this. Have any of you IBS-C tried hypnotherapy??

Re: I'm C, and a little worried at the moment new
      #111439 - 10/08/04 01:38 PM
kerri11

Reged: 10/08/04

Hi Kree, I'm wondering how your new teaching job is going, since I developed IBS-C as a result of my starting teaching! I lasted 2 years and had to quit b/c my IBS was so bad. I'm doing more relaxing work now, but I'm curious to see how your system handled it. You can't know how hard teaching is until you've done it. Good luck!!!

#111443 - 10/08/04 01:44 PM
AstroChick

I'm doing hypno right now and I think it's helping.

Are you getting enough of the IBS-C 3: insoluble fiber, fluids, and exercise? (Thanks, L-S, for condensing it down to this!) Of course, this is in addition to the standard IBS diet with plenty of soluble fiber. Also, if you are taking calcium supplements, make sure that they have magnesium in them as well. Calcium will constipate you, but magnesium will counteract this (and be good for your bones as well).

--AC, on day 29 of the hypno

#111451 - 10/08/04 02:16 PM
ptillen

Hey, I'd like to ask those who struggle with the big C-
how has the hypno program worked for you? I'm about 3/4 through it... I'll be finishing it up on just about election day (there are a whole host of jokes there, I'm sure, but I'll resist the temptation ) and I gotta say so far I haven't observed terrific results.
OK results, sleeping somewhat better, little bit of a better attitude generally, but not too much in the say of specific improvements in IBS symptoms.
I'd find other observations from C people who have done the program very useful.

#111607 - 10/08/04 08:40 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

I'd like to know if IBS-C people doing hypno felt aware that stress affected their symptoms before they started hypno? I don't think stress makes any difference to me, my symptoms are fairly constant but vary a bit according to what I eat, not whether I'm stressed, does that mean hypno would be a waste of time or that I'm in denial? I don't want to ignore something that could help just because I don't feel stressed ...

BTW this is a great thread and I've learned a lot from reading it - thanks to everyone who's posted!

Josephine

#111668 - 10/09/04 09:33 AM
ChucksKat

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I am IBS-C, also. It makes me feel so good to have you all to talk to, and bounce ideas off of. First, let me say that I needed to see this info on MOM, as my dr. also recommended it. I do take Metamucil, and seem to do well enough with that twice a day, along with Heather's diet. However, there are times when I will have an attack that sends me to the floor in pain. I have to place a hycosamine (sp?) tablet under my tongue to get any relief. What concerns me is, I also have GERD, and that can make that worse, so I read. It all seems frustrating at times, that one med. can cause something else to go wrong in our systems. I pray that someone can find something to help us all with the C, and perhaps GERD, too. Any of you all have both--C and GERD? Sometimes I feel alone with all this, as I also have Interstitial Cystitis, too, a bladder disease that is considered autoimmune, too. However, I try to remain positive and rely on my faith in God to get me through each day. I take Lexapro right now for anxiety. I also read where there is an anxiety connection with these diseases, too. Why can't someone help us??? Thanks for all the posts...It helps to know there are people here who understand. Hi, everyone! I hope you all have a good day today.

Kathy S.

Question for Kathy new
      #111673 - 10/09/04 09:52 AM
stephanielee

Reged: 08/31/04
Loc: North Carolina

What is the autoimmune bladder disease you have? I ask because ever since I was 14 years old (I'm now 24) I've had a problem with very frequent urination (without pain) and am also thirsty all the time (drink about a liter of water every one to three hours a day). I recently mentioned this to my doc who gave me a glucose test for Diabetes, but it came out normal. He did not do any further testing. I have always wondered if it's overactive or something.

Steph

#111677 - 10/09/04 10:09 AM
stephanielee

Hi. I'm also IBS-C and have been using diet, supplements, and fiber to control it. The pain and bloating are a lot better than before, though I still have chronic C. My doctor refuses to prescribe meds in fear of me getting "hooked" on them! Very frustrating. Fibercon pills were helping me a little until I had to start on antibiotics for an infection five days ago. AAuuggg!! I've been sooo miserable with bloating and C this week, I just don't know what to do. I've been eating very little because of it, which is just making me fatigued (I have a year old son to keep up with).
Anyway, I'm very surprised to see so many with the same problems I suffer; was beginning to believe it was mostly D's here. Badthing, I'm greatful you started this union. I'm glad we can all try to help each other.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!!

Steph

ptillen... new
      #111679 - 10/09/04 10:38 AM
stephanielee

What is MOM?

Re: ptillen... new
      #111682 - 10/09/04 11:04 AM
ptillen

Milk of Magnesia

Michelle... new
      #111737 - 10/09/04 03:55 PM
stephanielee

You said you've been on Miralax for some years; does it still work as well or have you had to increase your dose to get the same effect (as with stimulant laxatives)?

Re: Question for Kathy new
      #111952 - 10/10/04 11:27 PM
ChucksKat

Reged: 03/14/04

Hi, Steph-

The disease is interstitial cystitis. The usual symptoms would be frequency, urgency, and/or pain or burning. It might be possible you have it, although I have never heard of any of us being unusually thirsty. We DO have to drink lots and lots of water. There is a website: www.ic-network.com It has lots of information. Hope this helps you. It would be so nice to find someone who has IBS-C, Interstitial Cystitis, and GERD, as I do. Recently, I have also had trouble with anxiety issues. Seems a lot of us have multiple issues here. There has to be some kind of connection...

Kathy S.

Re: Michelle... new
      #112011 - 10/11/04 10:02 AM
michele

Sorry, I just saw this or I would have responded sooner! It still works every bit as well for me! Once in a while, especially if I travel, I will get a little backed up. When I do, I just add a second dose in at night for a couple of days. I don't seem to have built up a tolerance for it at all, unlike the Zelnorm.

It really has taken care of most of my C problems. I still struggle sometimes with pain and some bloating but at least things are moving through!

--------------------

Re: Ibs C and frequent peeing! new
      #112012 - 10/11/04 10:07 AM
michele

I also suffer from IBS C and GERD. My GERD is under control with medication and the C is under control with miralax. However, when my IBS is acting up, I find I must pee often! I have heard of others mention this too. A lot of the anxiety medication and anti spasm drugs can also cause dry mouth and thirst! I am currently taking donnatal and boy, I drink gallons of water a day! Gee, that might have something to do with having to pee a lot also! LOL!

--------------------

Re: Ibs C and frequent peeing! new
      #112014 - 10/11/04 10:13 AM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04

Hi Michele,
I know exactly what you mean!! When I'm really backed up, the slightest amount of liquid in my bladder gives me trouble. The receptionist at my office can't belive how many times I have to pass by her desk to reach the bathroom (he he). I thought once I gave up the coffee that would stop but now I just go from all the water & pressure down there. This sucks!

Re: Hypno tapes new
      #112017 - 10/11/04 10:21 AM
michele

My IBS C is greatly effected, probably more than anything else, by stress. I did the tapes and they were very relaxing. I do feel that they help me to sleep and calm me down but I'm afraid they didn't help very much with my IBS. Alot of people have been helped by them though so I wouldn't rule them out!

--------------------

#112038 - 10/11/04 12:22 PM
Bilbo

Reged: 07/27/04

I'm IBS-C! I only get D every once in a while, usually a day or two after really bad C.

#112124 - 10/11/04 04:42 PM
Sheryl

Reged: 10/04/04
Loc: PA

They're right sweetie, it's the magnesium that's causing you to go. It works for awhile and then....oy...I hate to say it...but it's going to irritate your intestinal lining. Please, dear...don't persist with this. I would continue on Heather's diet and fiber program and institute some Chi Qong and/or Yoga...deep breathing. I understand soooo, soooo well your need to just "go" already. I really freaked this last year, when for awhile there...no matter what laxatives I took..nothing worked. But your inabilty to go may have to do with the possibility that you are inflamed inside and your system is shutting down because it's red and inflamed in there and it literally "hurts" for the stuff to move down and out. So you have to heal the tissue...then you will find that it will be easier for you to go once the internal tissue is healed.

I feel for you, let me tell you I do...but magnesium is not the way.

Hugs,

Sheryl - PA

--------------------
To every problem, the answer is love.

Thanks Michelle n-t- new
      #112296 - 10/12/04 08:56 AM
stephanielee

Re: Question for Kathy new
      #112302 - 10/12/04 09:22 AM
stephanielee

Thank you for this info. I don't have pain, so it must be something else.

Steph

Hello Again...Hello :) new
      #120316 - 11/09/04 01:28 PM

Unregistered

Hi My Fellow IBS Cyberfriends

I know it's been a long, long, long time since I've been here and the reason for this is that my boyfriend Chris and I are in the process of packing and moving because we've decided to buy our very first home!!!!

I wanted you to know that I think of you guys every single day and the fact that we are all constantly dealing with our sensitive systems.

To let you know how I've been doing, since I've started following Heather's eating guidelines (although there are still some foods that I cannot digest) and taking Oxypowder every other day, my life with IBS-C has gone from horrendously unmanageable and worrisome to wonderfully manageable and hardly ever worrisome.

I hope to be able to talk with you more often since I've decided that I need to make time for this necessary place.

I hope that you all are feeling well today...

I have IBS-C, too (have my whole life)..... n/t new
      #120321 - 11/09/04 01:53 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

#120343 - 11/09/04 03:51 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

beaglelover, I posted on the HT forum about you?

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: Hello Again...Hello :) new
      #120379 - 11/09/04 06:27 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi....I bought some of that Oxypowder awhile back and tried it one day and nothing happened, but I think it was because I had been taking so many laxatives. Anyhow, I'm not anymore and was wondering how well it worked for you, how you started out, maintenance, etc. Please let me know, you can email me personally also at jaworski1@cox.net

Jessica

IBS - C person Here! new
      #120412 - 11/09/04 08:47 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Welcome! OK, as long as I'm identifying myself do you mind if I ask a silly question? Do you keep books in your bathroom to read while you try to go?
Chany

Re: IBS - C person Here! new
      #120415 - 11/09/04 08:53 PM
daliatree

I almost have a bookcase in my toilet and my husband is going to put in a sliding desk thingy so I can bring the laptop in!!!

--------------------

Good Luck With the move! new
      #120416 - 11/09/04 08:58 PM
Casper

I moved last year from New York to Memphis, because my husband got a new job. We took a six day driving trip. My C did act up a little and my stomach did bother me somewhat, but I also did not know about this websight and I was oh so confused about what to eat.
Try not to stress out too much! When things get crazy stop unpacking, take a break, drink some tea and just remember that this move is to make your life better.
Hope you're feeling good.
Chany

Oh My Gosh! Why would you want to do that? new
      #120418 - 11/09/04 09:02 PM
Casper

The one thing I promised myself is that the bathroom would definatly be a work free zone! If anything good comes from my IBS it's that I do actually get a chance to read for pleasure.
By the way, I've been meaning to ask you.. What part of England did you grow up in? My father grew up in London and I have relatives in Ilford as well.
Chany

#120430 - 11/10/04 03:43 AM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

I've been severely C for about 4+ years, and having a very bad time. Am new to the diet, so any advice would be welcome.

#120437 - 11/10/04 04:22 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Hi there. I am IBS-C & happy that you suggest we identify ourselves! I am finding this sight very helpful, even though I think IBS-C varies slightly (in terms of triggers etc) compared to IBS-D: does anybody agree with me? Maybe it's individual as well.

#120452 - 11/10/04 05:49 AM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

My doctor also recommended MOM, when I must use a laxative. Unfortunately, I have to quite often, as I am unable to have a BM on my own....Am still trying to increase my dosage of SFS.

Re: Oh My Gosh! Why would you want to do that? new
      #120454 - 11/10/04 05:52 AM
daliatree

Oh I don't want to work on the laptop...I want to write emails (now that I have moved away from all my loved ones!) and surf the internet etc.
I grew up in north london in finchley....

--------------------

Re: I have IBS-C, too (have my whole life)..... n/t new
      #120521 - 11/10/04 08:56 AM
Cathryn

Reged: 10/31/04

I too have had IBS-C my whole life. The first time I could remember a terrible episode was as early as six years old. I am now about 50!

To Jessica new
      #120680 - 11/10/04 01:57 PM

Unregistered

Hi Jessica This is what I did, since I TOO was taking a lot of laxatives...I didn't take anything for two days before taking the Oxypowder and then I followed the instructions that came with the product. It worked for me exactly as they SAID it would and I've been re-ordering it every month or so since then. I don't intend to ever stop taking it, and so far I feel great as far as the "C" is concerned, since I don't suffer the effects like bloating, gas, pressure and pain anymore!!!!

I'll reply to your e-mail tonight, hon. Take care...

To marymary new
      #120684 - 11/10/04 02:17 PM

Unregistered

Hi marymary I'm very glad that you liked my thread here my dear. You are SO right when you say that IBS-C varies with the way each individual responds to its effects. You are ALSO right when you say that IBS-C is different from IBS-D, since I've learned this myself by reading this website.

This is how I see it when it comes to our suffering with IBS...we are all unique right from birth and also a product of our upbringing. This is why it is my strong belief that the more stress we have in our lives, the more our brains and tummies will rebel, thus causing us our individual IBS pain.

I hope we can continue to support and help one another so whenever you want to talk about IBS or for that matter ANYTHING, there's plenty of people here that care.

Feel good...

To KimGun new
      #120689 - 11/10/04 02:30 PM

Unregistered

Hi KimGun <Sigh> I'm really sorry you're suffering, hon. How long have you been on Heather's diet? if only for a short time, you need to be patient (easier said than done, I know) and hopefully in a little while, your symptoms will ease and you'll feel better. These boards have so much fabulous information as well as warm and caring people that I'm sure if you are able to spend some time around this place, you will find the advice you are seeking for yourself. If you have any specific questions right now, try the search on top of this page with some key words and/or just ask them right here if you feel like doing that.

Take care and I hope you feel better every day...

Re: To Jessica new
      #120700 - 11/10/04 03:10 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Let me know too how often you went the first few days, so I can plan the whole being next to a toilet deal.

Jessica

To Casper new
      #120706 - 11/10/04 03:26 PM

Unregistered

LOL Well as for ME, I don't think that's a silly question, Chany! as a matter of fact, in our bathroom, we keep a stack of magazines for reading as well as a radio for listening to music. Definitely calms our systems down, while providing a few laughs once in a while.

I guess this, too, is an individual thing, since some people need peace and quiet in order to concentrate on their business.

I love the fact that we can discuss this kind of stuff here!

To daliatree new
      #120710 - 11/10/04 03:50 PM

Unregistered

Hi daliatree

This one's for YOU , hon!

Re: To daliatree new
      #120713 - 11/10/04 03:55 PM
daliatree

hahahahahaha you are HYSTERICAL!!!! hahahahahaha...
thank you! you don't know how much I needed that!! I am going to save that picture!!

--------------------

To bellshel32 new
      #120735 - 11/10/04 04:25 PM

Unregistered

I'm sorry, hon. I hope you find this website helpful to you.

If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to write.

Take care...

To Cathryn new
      #120740 - 11/10/04 04:31 PM

Unregistered

<Sigh> There sure are a lot of us here, aren't there? I feel sadness for us for what we are going through, yet gladness that we have this board and each other.

Bilbo new
      #120741 - 11/10/04 04:33 PM

Unregistered

Hi hon...I've noticed that this occurs to IBS-C people.

I hope you are having a good day today.

To Steph new
      #120745 - 11/10/04 04:48 PM

Unregistered

Hi hon. It does my heart good to know that by starting this thread, I am helping some people.

Yes...this whole getting hooked on meds thing IS very frustrating, because you would think that there would be a med that could help us with our IBS (like Zelnorm) and be totally body-friendly so that we wouldn't care if we had to take it for the rest of our lives. I guess we just have to wait until the researchers come up with something...

You poor thing...an infection on top of the IBS, and a baby to take care of on top of all THAT! I hope that you are feeling better by the time you read these words my dear and you are able to eat a bit more so that you can feel stronger.

You have a beautiful day too!

To Kathy new
      #120749 - 11/10/04 04:55 PM

Unregistered

Hi Kathy Oh there's nothing like the feeling of being with people who you can really open up and share your ups and downs with. Isn't the Internet an amazing medium? and this board is just so fabulous a place!

I'm happy you came here and have found support. Keeping an optimistic attitude about yourself and life in general is a wonderful way for you to keep manage your stress level and I applaud you for doing this, you sweetie, you.

You have a good day today also.

To Michele new
      #120750 - 11/10/04 04:59 PM

Unregistered

Hi Michele I just wanted to tell you that I am currently taking Librax and I TOO find myself being thirsty and peeing quite often as a result of drinking so much water (I love Dasani, but wish I could drink Coke) .

Take care...

To Meryl new
      #120751 - 11/10/04 05:16 PM

Unregistered

People tell me that I have a crazy sense of humor, but I'm being serious now Meryl and all of this pee talk has prompted me to search for portable toilets. Perhaps this website may help some people here.

What do YOU think, hon?

Re: Hypno tapes new
      #120757 - 11/10/04 05:34 PM

Unregistered

Michele, after reading all of these hypno tape posts here, I just couldn't help myself...I HAD to go and see what it was all about and so I went to the page in this website and clicked on Click here for a First Session sample and listened to Michael Mahoney speaking. I've always been fascinated by anything English (my father's father had a gorgeous accent) and this guy's voice is not only English, but sooooooo very soothing and calming as he was trying his best to relax my spirit. I honestly believe that it was working and so now I'm considering purchasing this tape.

I agree with you that IBS is greatly effected by stress in our lives. Sorry it didn't help you with your symptoms my dear, but at least it did SOME good as far as calming you and helping you get more rest.

Until I get this tape, I'll just keep watching and listening to Elton John and Neil Diamond.

To Kerri new
      #120759 - 11/10/04 05:48 PM

Unregistered

Hi Kerri I realize I am butting into your question to Kree (sorry) but I just wanted to say that as an ex-teacher assistant who worked at a particular job in an area that I loved for 14 years and then had to quit due to CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) AND IBS kicking in because I was switched to another department in the same school that I didn't love, I definitely know what the combination of teaching and stress can do to your system.

Glad to hear that you are doing better these days my dear, and I hope both yourself and Kree (Hi Kree) feel good more days than not.

Take care...

To Badthing new
      #120807 - 11/11/04 12:48 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

Thanks for the support. Exactly what I needed today. Just want to leave the office and cry at the moment. Major bloating, C and pains. Take each day as it comes right? Thanks again. Your words came at the right moment.

I'm going on the Rice Diet!!!!! new
      #123467 - 11/19/04 12:54 AM

Unregistered

Hi Guys I've been feeling so great and optimistic about myself lately that I just made another decision regarding my health. Right after Thanksgiving (yes I WILL be careful on that food-filled day and hope that YOU will be careful too) I'm starting a diet plan in order to lose weight which is called the rice diet program and I bought this book for it which is called, "The Rice Diet Report."

Some of you may have heard of it - it has been around for a lot of years.

In case anyone is interested, here is their website.

I am planning on staying on Phase I of the plan, which includes as a main component of its diet, only rice and fruit, which I will eat according to the IBS guidelines that I have learned upon Heather's fabulous website. This means I would eat white rice, cooked fruit and/or fruit which has been peeled, plus a good, multi-vitamin pill and at least 48 oz. of Dasani water (I LOVE Dasani!) lol.

Well I just wanted and needed to share my news with all of you, since I really feel that you would honestly care.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! new
      #124637 - 11/22/04 11:30 AM

Unregistered

http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.com/view.pd?i=96669256&m=6924&rr=y&source=yahoo999

#124650 - 11/22/04 11:54 AM
prtyblueeyz

Reged: 12/19/03
Loc: USA Michigan

Hello every one!
My name is Jenn, I'm 30 and I too have IBS-C.
I was diognosed May of 2003, I do however know I have had this all my life. I can say for me following Heathers diet is what has changed my life for me. I am pretty much regular and don't ever really worry about not being able to go. I eat a lot of carbs, I love baked potato's the skin is really good for you. I love salad but there are times even if I eat some thing before I eat it, I just suffer but I take that chance because being regular is so important to me. Since starting Heathers diet I have lost over 100lbs and still keeping it off. I do know that stress along with anxiety can make for some serious problems. I try to keep stress out of my life as much as possible but if I can't I have found ways to deal with it. I looked up online different ways of coping with stress, journaling can help believe it or not. I am not the one to preach on excercise, my fingers get more typing during the day then anything else on me. I am starting to work out slowly and finally after a year I can now drink water with out feeling sick.
I thought this thread was a great idea and had to add that!

Take care
Jenn

Hi prtyblueeyz :) new
      #124662 - 11/22/04 12:51 PM

Unregistered

Glad to meet you, Jenn but sorry that you too have IBS-C.

WOW!!! you lost 100 lbs. on Heather's diet?! that's so FABULOUS, hon. You must be more than happy these days as far as your body goes - not only because you've stabilized your system, but to have lost so much weight while DOING it, has to be just such a wonderful feeling. I myself would love to lose 50 lbs. and am going to start the Rice Diet after Thanksgiving.

Yes...stress and anxiety...two horrible halves of the same coin that seem to be linked to our IBS <sigh> Congratulations on yet ANOTHER discipline in your life, Jenn - Journaling! I know that it helps immensely when you write your feelings out.

I really have a lot of respect for you and the way in which you've uplifted your life.

BTW, I TOO love writing with Incredimail.

You take care TOO, my dear and I'm very pleased that you like this thread.

#124751 - 11/22/04 06:06 PM
Sharon Mello

Reged: 08/23/04
Loc: 25 miles from Yosemite National Park in Ca.

Marilyn - count me in. I've had this since I was a kid and that was 60 years ago (uggghhhhh!!!)LOL Went back and forth from C to D--D especially when I was nervous or excited about something--like a date with a boy. Mostly C now that I've gotten older. Didn't like either one.
Sharon

#124755 - 11/22/04 06:18 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03

Don't know how I missed this but that's me. Once a week is good for me. Isn't that awful? Ugh!!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#124759 - 11/22/04 07:06 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Another IBS C here. I had it under control eating a high insoluble and soluble fibre diet, plus no gluten, alcohol, sugar or caffeine. But I grew weary of the restrictions and fell off the rails a bit. So I'm struggling again with the C but upon finding Heathers diet and this wonderful message board I feel so much more motivated and confident I can beat my condition. I really helps that theres someone out there that really truly understands.

So its back to being really good in the food department and hoping to see the BM return to normal really soon. Its a great idea to acknowledge who has IBS C and hopefully we can help each other through the troubled times.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

#124836 - 11/23/04 08:14 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am also IBS-C. This diet and Acia along with the SFS has really helped me. My stomach was a mess after I had my son in January . I seriously thought I would never eat again. Now things are much better and I feel 90% better than I ever have!

#125087 - 11/24/04 12:13 AM
jasperlovel

i am ibs c mostly. i dont get d hardly at all it seems like. i do get bloated alot. jasper

--------------------

#166025 - 03/31/05 10:56 PM

Unregistered

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd come in and say that I'm still using Oxypowder every other day and my C problem is history!!!!

I feel better than I've felt in years and years and yes I'm still following Heather's guidelines for my IBS.

Hope you are feeling better with YOUR IBS.

#166027 - 03/31/05 11:10 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

I thought oxypowder was a harsh laxative?

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Ibs C and frequent peeing/Michelle new
      #166053 - 04/01/05 06:37 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

When did you begin taking the Donnatal, and how do you feel it is working for you?
I have a prescription for it but never filled it because I am afraid it will bve like the hyoscamine(levsin,nulev)- that medicine did terrible things to my vision, and constipated me very very badly- Plus I had to take so much of it that it knocked me out.
Curious though as to what you think of the Donnatal.

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

New member needs gluten free help new
      #166056 - 04/01/05 06:45 AM
123linda

Reged: 04/01/05
Loc: France

Hi, I am new to the board.I use Oxy powder for C and am delighted with it.Nothing and I mean nothing else worked for me.I have been using it for about six months and take two capsules every day.
I have gluten intolerance as well as IBS.Does anyone have any experience of this and anything helpful to encourage me with? I live in France where little is available,but am doing well on rice,fish and chicken with a little veg.

Edited by 123linda (04/01/05 07:10 AM)

#166100 - 04/01/05 09:24 AM
michele

Donnatol is the same thing as Levsin except it also has a mild tranquiller in it!! If you take more than 2-3 a day, it will blur your vision. It will also give you dry mouth. I wouldn't say it works great by any means but I think it does help a little. I only really use it when I'm in a lot of pain. It can cause C if taken regulary. I think these things are true for pretty much ALL the anti-spasm medication

--------------------

#166112 - 04/01/05 10:01 AM
Alisa

Reged: 03/20/05
Loc: Appleton, Wisconsin

Great idea!! I am an IBS-C person as well, and I HATE IT. I'm always bloated, in constant pain, and look 7 months pregnant by nighttime. I think we all need to band together!

#166127 - 04/01/05 10:39 AM
Casper

Hi. I'm also IBS-C. I've had a chronic problem with C even before I developed IBS.

If you are IBS - C be careful with Rice. new
      #166128 - 04/01/05 10:41 AM
Casper

I find that too much rice and/or rice products can worsen your C. I tryo to keep my rice intake to a bar eminimum.
Chany

Thanksgiving! Wooah! Are we reviving an old thread? -nt new
      #166130 - 04/01/05 10:43 AM
Casper

#166131 - 04/01/05 10:44 AM
melissam

I'm a C'er also. With pain and bloating, and I too look preganant by the afternoon.

--------------------
Melissa

#166135 - 04/01/05 10:47 AM
melissam

Thank You, you answered my qustion. I kind of fiured that the side efects would be somehwat similiar to the antispasmoidics, but I wasn't sure. I can not deal with the blurred vision and the constipation it causes. I can deal with a little dry mouth but those other side effects are just too much. On the weekend when I don't have to go to work and look at numbers all day, that is fine, but not on a work day- that's for sure.
Thanks again!!!
Melissa

--------------------
Melissa

#166144 - 04/01/05 11:25 AM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hello everyone,
I too am IBS-C. I do get D occasionally. I experience the awful bloating and other unpleasant symptoms. I am so glad for Heather's diet. I am currently taking acacia fiber and working slowly up to two tablespoons a day. I hate constipation.

Cloudygirl

#166160 - 04/01/05 11:59 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi this is Michelle and I am IBS C and was diagnosed with IBS back in 2002. So I am now going on three years with this. I am now taking Zelnorm which has been a god send. This website has also been a god send. I don't know what I would do without it.

--------------------
Michelle

Really? Brown rice helps me go! n-t new
      #166168 - 04/01/05 12:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Really? Brown rice helps me go! n-t new
      #166175 - 04/01/05 12:16 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Brown rice (insoluble fibre) would make me go too .... to the hospital, where they would have to connect me to a powerful morphine IV to kill the pain the brown rice would cause my gut (never mind the other symptoms)!

i guess everyone's body is different n-t new
      #166177 - 04/01/05 12:21 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#166185 - 04/01/05 12:32 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I've had IBS-C, too, as long as I can remember. Glad we can talk about this problem & hopefully help each other!

#166292 - 04/01/05 06:22 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Just wanted to chime in and say me too! I like having our own place to discuss all the fun stuff. The books and the board have been a life-saver already. C just sucks.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

the BRAT diet!??? new
      #166304 - 04/01/05 07:34 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

a really long time ago i saw a book in a house about every common-known sickness. i read about digestion and ibs and i saw something that said "those experiencing D ought to try the B.R.A.T. diet"--B= BANANA
R= RICE
A= APPLESAUCE
T= TOAST
since i read that i didnt eat any of those foods b/c i was too scared. ive been eating rice applesauce and toast almost daily mainly b/c i read to do so on this site and i have still found no natural relief of my C. its all-day, every-day it seems, no matter how many "start-over" days i have any advice??

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#166599 - 04/03/05 12:02 PM
sweetasc6h12o6

Reged: 03/22/05
Loc: Saint Louis, MO

Hi everyone! I'm IBS-C. I was diagnosed with IBS 7 months ago and the C didn't start until about 5 months ago and is just getting progresivly worse. I started taking 1 heaping TB of Metamucil last Sunday (what a way to celebrate Easter! ) and all last week until Thursday I was having BM's every AM after breakfast. But starting last Thursday, despite taking the Metamucil every AM, I'm not getting any BM's. I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do. I figured 1 heaping TB was enough for me...but I'm wondering if I should start taking 1 TB twice a day? That's not dangerous is it? And besides getting the fiber supplement, I'm making sure to get 25-30g of fiber a day (from foods I eat). I'm all confused on what to do now....I couldn't be more frustrated and being 20 doesn't help because when C gets bad I look like a big bloated balloon...which isn't attractive and had to dress around Help please!

123Linda: France, New member needs gluten free help new
      #191588 - 07/04/05 07:09 PM
David Hilton

Reged: 06/14/05
Loc: Australia

123Linda, you still watching?

How are you doing with your search for gluten-free foods in France? I have coeliac disease and IBS so I can sympathise.
I've seen some of the Australian 'Orgran' products overseas and heard that a company called 'Dr. Schaer' does gluten-free products in UK and Europe. Have you seen any of these there? What did the French coeliac society have to say about products there? I'm interested to know how you are going with that because I hope to take my family to France for a couple of weeks in a couple of years but am worried about finding safe food for my two diets (IBS and gluten-free). One false step, especially with gluten, and I'll have a terrible holiday.

I'm curious to know where in France you are and what you eat to deal with your gut.

I'm a C too! new
      #191620 - 07/04/05 09:34 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

Between EFI diet and zelnorm, the C isn't as bad as it has been. Still experiencing regular pain though. I generally experience at least a twinge of pain every time I eat something, even if it's considered a safe food. At least it's tolerable for the most part

I really like the idea of having a separate message board for the C's out there. I would love to learn more about tips and tricks that work for others!

Has anyone tried a liquid fast for a day or two to ease bloating? I've been really tempted to spend a day or two eating nothing but bread, rice, broth and tea just to flatten out my tummy a bit, but I haven't been ambitious enough to do it. I really think this would work for short term relief. Just curious what more experienced IBSers think of this.

Re: I'm a C too! new
      #191638 - 07/05/05 02:03 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It was generally agreed that separate boards just wouldn't work as IBS isn't that simple.

Remember that an empty tum is a bloating trigger, so a fast isn't a great idea. However, a day or two on the Breaking the Cycle diet is always a good plan if you don't feel stable enough - it gives your body a break.

Are you drinking fennel tea?

How do I get off of it then, Heather? new
      #247527 - 02/20/06 10:23 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I've been taking up to 4tbs of this stuff for nearly a year now every night and it still isn't very effective. I take Miralax, citracel, flax seed, magnesium pills and beano with this and it still does nearly nothing for me.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

#247530 - 02/21/06 04:34 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I'm an IBS-C! I'm here to help in any way I can & am up for suggestions that others might have. Count me in!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#247577 - 02/21/06 09:51 AM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

Hi, I'm Diane, and I'm IBS C too.

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

#247683 - 02/21/06 04:38 PM
penpal

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Pacific Northwest

I've had IBS-C for seven long years (mostly night time pain). I've recently found this site and I'm trying different things - especially eating SF foods at each meal. I'm becoming much more aware of what I'm eating. No wonder I was suffering so much when I did the low carb diet!

--------------------
Penny

#247684 - 02/21/06 04:46 PM
Liza

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: NJ

Hi! I'm an IBS-C with spasms and IC interstitial cystitis. Would love to converse with anyone who has the double whammy too!

Liza

Wanted to add my story new
      #247728 - 02/21/06 06:59 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I was diagnosed with IBS-C in July 2004 (day after I got back from honeymoon), had symptoms for at least two years prior. Got pregnant in 2004, had a miscarriage in Sept. 2004. Got pregnant again in October 2004. Had horrible horrible bloating, constipation, abdominal pain throughout my pregnancy.

Starting April 2005, I started the IBS-100 Audio Program and was completely symptom-free the day my son was born on July 6, 2005.

I tried to follow the Eating for IBS Diet back in 2002 when I started feeling like crap, but it was too hard for me to maintain. I'm lazy, I guess.

I currently am taking GNC's chewable Papaya and one Digestive Advantage IBS and one Digestive Advantage Gas Prevention daily. I do not follow any sort of diet, but try and limit calories.

I find that when I overeat, I tend to feel the same symptoms as I felt when I had the IBS bad. Then I try and eat more in hopes that more food will "move things along". Thus the cycle begins. I'm trying to control this part, though.

I would say that I feel good 90 percent of the time, compared to feeling good 40-50 percent of the time before the hypnotherapy.

Thanks for letting me add my story!

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (02/21/06 07:09 PM)

#247755 - 02/21/06 11:06 PM

Unregistered

Hi Everyone <hugs>

I can't say that I'm GLAD to see that this thread is still active, because I wish it would get smaller and smaller until nobody has IBS-C anymore, but I WILL say that I am glad that it is still helping those of us who are both receiving and giving advice and support.

As for me, I'm still following Heather's guidelines for my diet, with the exception that I'm taking my magic Oxypowder pills. Since they're doing what they're supposed to, which is eliminating my constipation (lol) I will take these pills every few days for the rest of my life with pleasure.

Here is a success story taken from their website written by someone who has IBS:

I literally was "pooping it all out!"

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and I've suffered from gas, bloating and constipation from it since I was a small child. For all these years, I've tried everything from herbal laxative teas, to harsh stimulants and laxatives. At first, they would work, but your body gets used to them and they no longer have any affect. The doctor would just tell me to eat more fiber, which didn't work. I even would drink 8 ounce glasses of water daily - no change. Recently, I came across an ad online for Oxy-Powder which read "Poop It All Out" and I was curious - after all, it's a catchy phrase! I read the ingredients, I researched what they are and what effect they have and roles they play for the body. I decided it was a good idea to at least try another cleanser, so I ordered a bottle. I took 10 pills at bedtime, just like the directions suggest, and by the very next day, I was having bowel movements! I was so excited!! I remembered how the other cleansers stopped working after a few days, so I continued to take Oxy-Powder for the next week.

Let me tell you, that catch phrase for the Oxy-Powder ad was TRUE! Not only was I "going," but I literally was "pooping it all out!" It was completely cleansing my intestinal tract of all the compacted fecal matter that had built up in my system after so many years, as shown on x-rays. I actually had energy again! With being so constipated, going at most, twice a week, I was very lethargic and drained of life. I realized that reason for that was all the toxins staying in my body from not being able to have a normal bowel movement. I am so happy with Oxy-Powder! It has literally changed my life! It's given my incentive to take better care of my body and I actually have the energy, without caffeine, to exercise! I was planning on going to the doctor to be prescribed one of those new medications to treat IBS - now, there's no need for harsh chemicals! I'm going to take this for the rest of my life. Finally, I've found something that actually WORKS! I recommend everyone to try this - your search for a wonder drug will end here!

Jenna Ferguson, Lincoln, Nebraska

No, I do not work for this particular company. I am merely an IBS-C sufferer who is so excited at being helped by this product that I really wish you guys would take the time to read their website. If you have any questions that you would like to ask me about this, as Andrew said in the movie, Bicentennial Man, "I am happy to be of service."

I hope everyone is feeling well tonight...

Badthing

#247758 - 02/22/06 01:35 AM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Sheryl, I've been taking a T of magnesium oxide every night. It works. Why do you say it inflames your intestines? I haven't seen that in my research. If it does cause more trouble, I'll quit it. B

--------------------
(cool)

But what is the safety of this product? new
      #247764 - 02/22/06 06:05 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04

Have there been studies to show that it is safe for long term use...without causing cathartic colon and dependency?

Do you use an SFS with it?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#247817 - 02/22/06 10:03 AM

Unregistered

Hi Beth,

For ME, after reading Dr. Group's credentials and what he's accomplished with his knowledge, I decided I can place my trust in the guy.

No, I don't use an SFS in addition to my taking Oxypowder, since I feel that I don't need it!

Perhaps this message board will be of some help to you:

http://www.ghchealth.com/forum/colon-cleansing-forum-8.php

Here is Dr. Group's Professional Profile:

Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN
Professional Profile

Summary:

Dr. Group founded and is currently the Chief Executive Officer at the Global Healing Center and heads the research and development team producing advanced, new degenerative disease products and information. He was a decorated member of the Armed Forces, receiving two Army achievement medals, a good conduct medal an overseas ribbon and was honorably discharged from active duty in 1989. During this time, he developed a genuine desire to help and heal those around him.

He has studied natural healing methods for over 20 years and is now teaching individuals and practitioners from around the world.. Global Healing Center, Inc is currently one of the biggest alternative medicine resources on the web. He is no longer seeing patients and concentrating on spreading the word of health worldwide.

"My desire is to help people and give people the most accurate health information in the world. I want to help educate and heal the world, bring back good health, positive thinking, happiness, and love. I want to help people help themselves and not be dependent on a medical doctor for every issue, but to realize that the body has self-healing mechanisms to heal itself. I am here to help eliminate and prevent disease. I want to teach people that there are other methods which do not require the use of drugs or surgery. The definition of a doctor should be one who teaches, not one who prescribes. I want to educate people in understanding what causes poor health and to help them achieve their health goals. I want to give people the tools that they need to live a long, healthy, happy life." Dr. G

Undergraduate Schooling:

Southeastern Louisiana University
University of Texas
Northlake College
University Of Houston
Parker College of Chiropractic

Post Graduate Studies - Professional Degrees - Certifications:

Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Texas Chiropractic College

American Clinical Board of Nutrition Diplomate: (DACBN). Successful completion of the advanced educational requirements of the board by written, practical and oral exam.

Naturopathic Physician (ND) degree from the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy

Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN) from the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy

Holistic Health Practitioner (HHP) from the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy

Certified Clinical Herbalist (CCH) from the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy

Alternative Medical Practitioner certification from the American Alternative Medical Association

Ordained Minister – Ordained in 1998 in Trinity Texas

Certified Designated Doctor – Texas –

Impairment rating certification by the American Academy Of Disability Evaluating Physicians

University of California – Certification in "Protecting Human Research Subjects"

Memberships and Organizations:

Society for Scientific Exploration – Chosen as an elite member for independent research, developments and accomplishments in science, natural medicine and quantum physics. Board members include Harvard and Yale professors.

Occidental Institute Research Foundation: Member and research associate under the statutes of this incorporated international society for practitioners of Biological Medicine.

Oxford Club Member – An elite group of people internationally who analyze world affairs and business trends.

International Executive Guild and International Who's Who in the field of medicinal research.

Chiropractic Licenses:

Licensed to practice Chiropractic in Texas

Licensed to practice Chiropractic in Louisiana

Specialties and Continued Studies:

Advanced Alternative Medicine, Nutritional Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Quantum Physics, Inorganic Chemistry, Human Physiology, Human Anatomy, Cellular Biology, Cellular Biomechanics, Human Neuroanatomy, Human Parasitology, Botany, Herbology, Natural Rheumatology, Neutraceutical Formulating, Physics, Internal Diagnosis I & II, Human Neuropsychological Studies, Skeletal Radiology Effects, Spinal Radiology Effects, Appendicular and Axial biomechanics, Health Science, Nutrition, Water and Air purification, Technical consulting and problem solving, Natural medicine, Sports medicine, Weight Loss and Physical Rehabilitation.

Books Written by Recognized Natural Health Author Dr. Edward F. Group III:

"Surviving Flu Pandemics" Co-Author: This book was written to teach people how to be prepared for a potential Flu pandemic and how to survive.

"Fibromyalgia Secrets Revealed" I wrote this book to help all of the sufferers of Fibromyalgia.

The book explains how to treat the disease naturally and take control of the condition.

"Conquering Heart Disease using Natural Methods": A step by step guide for any doctor or patient using alternative medicine to prevent and treat heart disease. Includes changes you must make in your diet, exercise and environment.

"Transforming Your Health In 90 Days or Less": My most popular book. This book gives the reader all of the secrets I have learned over the years in maintaining near perfect health.

"Conquering Weight Loss Using Natural Methods": A guide to achieve safe and effective weight loss through diet modification, natural remedies and exercise strategies.

"Ten Super Secrets For Weight Loss": 10 ancient secrets to losing weight naturally.

"Conquering Diabetes using Natural Methods": This book teaches people how to regulate glucose levels, treat diabetes with natural products and prevent diabetes from forming.

"Balancing Your Hormones Using Natural Methods" Co-Author: Explores the natural hormone replacement treatment options, how to use natural remedies to eliminate hot flashes and menopause symptoms.

"Conquering Infertility Using Natural Methods": Teaches people the causes of infertility and how anyone can become pregnant using natural methods.

Published Articles

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Constipation internationally published.

View all articles at www.colon-cleanse-constipation.com

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Colon cleansing internationally published.

View all articles at www.colon-cleanse-constipation.com

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Acne internationally published.

View all articles at www.acne-answers.org

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Parasites internationally published.

View all articles at www.parabuster.com/learning/

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Parasite Cleansing internationally published.

View all articles at www.parasite-cleanse.com

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Weight Loss internationally published.

View all articles at www.weightlossobesity.com.

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Fibromyalgia internationally published.

View all articles at www.fibromyalgia-support.org

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Stress, Anxiety and Depression internationally published.

View all articles at www.stress-anxiety-depression.org

Natural Health Articles on the topic of Natural Skin Care internationally published.

View all articles at www.skin-care-support.org

Favorite Magazines
Harvard Business Review
Business 2.0
Entrepreneur
Wired

Seminars and Teaching Experience Advanced Alternative Medicine Training Course

Title: "Advanced Alternative Medicine Training Course"

Date: November 2, 2002 8am-4pm

Description: 1 day training course for practitioners, on the cause, prevention and elimination of disease and how to implement high tech alternative therapies in their existing practice. Certificate of completion was awarded

Topics: Cellular Consciousness and communication, Secrets of water, How energy and frequencies effect cellular and physiologic function, How toxic substances, frequencies and emotions, mutate genes.

International ABEIM Cancer Conference and Symposium

Title: "Cellular Consciousness and Cancer-Has science been wrong?"

Date: September, 12th-15th, 2002, Fort Worth, Texas

Location: International ABEIM Cancer Conference and Symposium

Description: A cancer symposium focusing on early diagnosis, prevention and integrative therapy.

Top physicians in the field were brought together to share ideas and speak to the public.

Topics: Cellular Consciousness and communication, Secrets of water, How energy and frequencies effect cellular and physiologic function, How toxic substances, frequencies and emotions, mutate genes. "The Cause, Prevention and Elimination of Disease."

Other Speakers: Burton Goldberg, Jimmy Chan N.D., Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., Ph.D, Joseph

Mercola, M.D., Wolfgang Woeppel, M.D.,Lee Cowden, M.D., Christopher Ging, LAC, Douglas Leber, AP, Gary Gordon, M.D., D.O., HMD

Continuing Education Credits: Yes - Medical doctors, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists

International Wellness Conference and Symposium

Title: "Environmental Factors Leading to Degenerative Illness" and "The Cause Prevention of all Degenerative Disease"

Description: An International Health Symposium focusing on early diagnosis, prevention and

integrative therapy. Top physicians in the field were brought together to share ideas and speak to the public and teach Healthcare Practitioners.

Topics: Full body cleansing and Detoxification, Nutritional Supplements, Diet & Weight Loss,

Disease Prevention, Cancer Support, Natural Disease Protocols, Stress relief, Hormonal Balancing,

Diabetes, Anti-Aging, Chronic Fatigue, Protein and Water intake.

Other Speakers: Deepak Chopra, M.D., Stedman Graham, Julian Whitaker, M.D., Larry Dossey,

M.D., Don Miguel Ruiz, M.D., Darma Singh Khalsa, M.D. and Christine Northrup, M.D and more.
Continuing Education Credits: Yes - Medical doctors, Chiropractors, Physical TherapistsFlorida Chiropractic Physicians Association / Symposium 2002

Title: "Advanced Cellular Mechanics for the Treatment and Prevention of Disease"

Date: October 11-13, 2002

Description: New research and developments in the field of alternative medicine, nutrition, chiropractic, diagnostics, treatment protocols. Implementing new techniques in the practice, patient education and counseling.

Topics: "Advanced Cellular Mechanics for the Treatment and Prevention of Disease"

Other Speakers: Michael Dobbins, D.C., Dr. Frank Liberti, D.C., Dr. Jack Taylor, MS, D.C.,

DACBN, CCN

Continuing Education Credits: Yes

Leisure Learning Teaching Facility

Title: "The Cause, Prevention and Elimination of Disease"
Date: July 16th and September 26th 7pm-10pm, 2002

Description: New research and developments in the field of alternative medicine, nutrition,

chiropractic, diagnostics, treatment protocols., patient education and counseling. Environmental illness, Cleaning up the home and workplace. What causes disease and how to prevent disease. New Anti-Aging Technology.

Topics: Advanced natural methods for the Treatment and Prevention of Disease"

An Evening With Dr. Edward F. Group III, D.C., N.D

Title: "The Cause, Prevention and Elimination of Degenerative Disease"

Date: April 2nd and April 18th 7:30-9:30, 2002

Description: 7-steps to ultimate health, New research and developments in the field of alternative medicine, nutrition, chiropractic, diagnostics, treatment protocols., patient education and counseling.

Environmental illness, Cleaning up the home and workplace. What causes disease and how to prevent disease. New Anti-Aging technology.

Quality Healthcare, Inc. Health Seminar

Title: "The Cause, Prevention and Elimination of degenerative Disease" Featuring keynote speaker-Dr. Edward Group

Date: February 2002

Description: 7-steps to ultimate health, New research and developments in the field of alternative medicine, nutrition, chiropractic, diagnostics, treatment protocols, patient education and counseling.

Environmental illness, Cleaning up the home and workplace. What causes disease and how to prevent disease.
New Anti-Aging technology.

Other Speakers: 0

Continuing Education Credits: no

Campus of Lee College Total Health Seminar-Featuring Dr. Edward Group

Title: "The Cause and Prevention of all Degenerative Disease" Featuring keynote speaker-Dr. Edward Group

Date: October 2, 2001, 7-10pm

Description: 7-steps to ultimate health, Healthy diet and eating, Full body cleansing and Detoxification, Exercise tips, New research and developments in the field of alternative medicine, nutrition, treatment protocols. Environmental illness, Cleaning up the home and workplace. What causes disease and how to prevent disease. New Anti-Aging technology.

Continuing Education Credits: yes

Other Speakers: 0

Seminar Topics To Choose From
1. "The Cause, Prevention and Elimination of Degenerative Disease"
2. "The 7 Step 'Ultimate' Health Program"
3. "Cellular Consciousness and Disease-Has Science been wrong?"

If you would like Dr. Group to come to your location and give a health seminar, contact us at

713-476-0016 for fees and additional information.

Dr. Group - Master Natural Health Product Formulator
Dr. Group continues to develop exclusively high-end natural supplements to support a wide range of health conditions. We only sell the products which demonstrate the greatest success in personal trials. The products we develop are free of toxic tag-along herbicides, insecticides, pesticides, heavy metals, fumigants, irradiation, etc. We utilize 100% pure vegetable capsules, as opposed to toxic tablets with liver-toxic glues, binders, or gelatin capsules with animal-source prion risk and toxic preservatives.

Dr. Group developed products are 100% excipient - free. They do not contain questionable or hard-to-digest non-nutritive substances such as magnesium stearate ( a toxic, hydrogenated oil), silicon dioxide (common sand), methylcellulose, carnauba wax, etc. All of the ingredients we use are organically certified, wildcrafted or as pure as we can obtain with the highest level of active ingredients.

Neutraceutical supplements developed by Dr. Group:
Oxy Powder w/GE-132: Used to safely clean the impacted fecal matter out of the intestines and cleanse the colon. Read more at www.oxypowder.com

Para-Buster: A natural supplement used to help the body eliminate internal parasites. Read more at www.para-buster.com

Slimirex: This natural weight loss product contains 8 patented weight loss ingredients and has been recognized as the most advanced formula anyone has developed in the last 20 years. Read more at www.slimirex.com

Vira-Zap: Natural Anti-Viral Support. Works on organisms such as viruses, bacteria and fungus. This product was developed for Avian Flu and influenza support. It also helps to strengthen the immune system. Read more at www.ghchealth.com

BioFlu-9: An essential oil blend for reflexology and aromatherapy. Used to enhance the immune system and clean potentially harmful air quality. Read more at www.ghchealth.com

GHC Nopaine: Used for topical pain relief and joint inflammation. All natural ingredients provide better and faster relief. Read more at www.nopaine.com

Oregano Oil-RX: Used to treat internal Candida as well as pain and inflammation. Read more at www.ghchealth.com

Quantum Silver: Silver has been effective against over 600 different pathogens. Read more at www.ghchealth.com

Parfait Visage: This Anti-Aging breakthrough is hand made with the finest organic oils and ingredients. A must for any skin care regimen.

AquaSpirit: A organic facial and body spray used to energize and refresh the skin.

Websites owned and operated by Global Healing Center, Inc.
Global Healing Center is making strides in the online natural health field with over 10 Million visitors per year to all of our websites. Our goal is to keep spreading the word about health and continue to help people prevent and conquer disease using natural medicine.

www.ghchealth.com: This is our main website with articles on health, air purification, water purification, health products, books and more…

www.acne-answers.org: This site provides information to acne sufferers on how to treat acne using natural organic remedies.

www.colon-cleanse-constipation.com: This is the webs biggest resource center on bowel disorders, constipation, colon cleansing and more..

www.fibromyalgia-support.org: This website contains natural remedies and information on the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of Fibromyalgia.

www.make-up-cosmetics.com: A complete information portal on the toxic ingredients in most make-up. Also provides solutions and a Organic Make-Up line.

www.skin-care-support.org: This site provides information on different skin types, natural skin treatment and anti-aging techniques.

www.stress-anxiety-depression.org: A web portal of information regarding the cause, symptoms and natural treatment of stress, anxiety and depression.

www.weightlossobesity.com: Provides valuable weight loss advice, tips, latest product review and natural alternatives to maximize weight loss.

Individual Scientific Research and Accomplishments:
Recognized International speaker and has spoken with; Deepak Chopra, M.D., Stedman Graham, Julian Whitaker, M.D., Larry Dossey, M.D., Don Miguel Ruiz, Darma Singh Khalsa, M.D., Joseph Mercola, D.O, Garry Gordon, M.D., Christine Northrup, M.D., Burton Goldberg, and many more well known names.

Consultant and evaluator for worldwide healthcare, project development and counter biological airborne terrorism.

Developed a highly energized crystalline form of healing water, which is currently under testing at a Houston laboratory.

Over 15 years of scientific research on allopathic and alternative medicine and the healing properties attributed to each disease.

Human Genetics research on the effects of free radical damage to the DNA Helix and how this effects the proliferation of the next cell, causing a decreased vibrational oscillation leading to an abnormal cell.

Pioneer in the field of Advanced Alternative Oncology.

Studied the effects of oxygen/ozone for degenerative disease irradication under the research of renowned Bio-oxidative specialists Dr. George Freibott M.D., N.D, Ed McCabe and 2 time Nobel

Peace Prize winner Dr.Otto Warburg.

Researched over 10 years on the cause and effect of auto-immune disease, and how to eliminate them using natural methods.

Studied the effects of hormone imbalances in women and developed a natural hormone replacement and fertility program to support pregnancy.

Self taught Quantum Physicist and Bio-Magnetic specialist.

Invented a glove to treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in 1995.

Has over 40 proprietary inventions and formulations.

Studied the effects of sound, light and vibration medicine in the treatment and prevention of degenerative and communicable disease.

Studied the microscopic lattices of structured water and the effects on extra cellular and intracellular tissues in the body.

Volunteered free Chiropractic services to the battered women's center in Pasadena, Texas

Invented the Bio-Kinetic Cervical and Lumbar Spine Technique used to eliminate chronic or acute low back pain and re-hydrate the spinal discs.

As you can see, I REALLY respect this doctor and am deeply indebted to him for giving me a way to stop my horrible C.

Take care,
Badthing

Re: But what is the safety of this product? new
      #247835 - 02/22/06 10:45 AM
penpal

I noticed that the main ingredient of this product is magnesium. Is that the same as in Milk of Magnesia? I take MOM if all else fails but not too often as I don't want to become dependent. I find MOM is quite harsh but really gets the job done.

Oxypowder sounds a lot like Oxyclean - you know, the guy on TV who yells a lot?

I'm a bit sceptical because of the way they advertise this product. They have the usual scare tactics of "years of build-up", etc. Here is a good site that debunks such urban myths (such as the one where John Wayne had 40 lbs. of poop in his colon when he died) http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/fecalcolon.asp

I found a hilarious site that has a thread on this subject (WARNING: very vulgar, graphic, downright nasty site (but funny as heck), not for those who are easily offended): http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/Content/Oxypowder/oxypowder.html

--------------------
Penny

Edited by penpal (02/22/06 10:47 AM)

OxyPowder is a Colon Cleanse new
      #247838 - 02/22/06 10:51 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

...these are generally not recommended....

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

It looks like both of you posted this... new
      #247880 - 02/22/06 12:27 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04

...even after Badthing wrote her post saying it's okay with all the info she provided. You didn't think the info makes this doable? I don't want to hurt myself even more.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: It looks like both of you posted this... new
      #247934 - 02/22/06 04:18 PM
penpal

Everyone is entitled to put into their bodies whatever they choose. For me, laxatives work short term but often have a rebound effect causing worse constipation. I use laxatives only out of desperation when nothing else works. There are plenty of things that will clean you out - such as the concotions we have to drink before a colonoscopy.

--------------------
Penny

#248153 - 02/23/06 01:40 PM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

Yes I am C and have been as long as I can remember.

I am too C new
      #248155 - 02/23/06 01:42 PM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

IBS-C's please read new
      #248181 - 02/23/06 03:43 PM
lilheatha

Reged: 02/05/06

I've posted this before but I'll post again cause I'm not sure if anyone saw it but I've done so much research into IBS and nutrition and preservatives and stuff..and by no means am I an expert. But I know that I've had IBS-C for years and I've had to deal with it and learn what works and I think I'm slowly getting better.
I think that colon cleanse's are awesome! We have so much junk in our bodies that we need to get rid of but I don't think it should/can be a long-term thing. And I also have been doing Elaine Gottschall's Breaking the Vicious Cycle because my cousin is 100% better (she had IBS-C) after 2 years on that diet. I'm not saying Heather's diet dosen't help but when I was on it, all the flour and bread made me worse. Although there are alot of similarities between BTVC and Heather's diet.
Since I started BTVC's diet, I have had regular bowel movements..it took a couple weeks (it explains how to go about it on the website) but it works.
Plus the biggest thing is lots of prayer.
I wish there was no such thing as IBS, or at least a cure. Its something so simple yet its not at the same time.

Hope this helps!
God Bless

#248215 - 02/23/06 05:30 PM
inspiremepls

Reged: 02/23/06

Hello, I am new, and I'm ibs-c...desperately seeking advice

#254931 - 03/28/06 08:00 AM
Cindyc97

Reged: 03/23/06
Loc: Richmond, VA

I take Fibercon tablets twice a day and it has truly helped in my IBS-C. I thank God everyday for those pills. I just recently bought the self-hypnosis CDs and they should be arriving any day, I can't wait. Trying to plan a wedding I'm sure has brought a lot of this on. I was fine until I went on a cruise back in October and then all hell broke loose because I was so sick on the cruise, we think. I guess I'll learn to cope with it on a day to day basis. I am also very thankful for this message board! It's nice to have others to talk to about it.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: The Diet you were Talking About new
      #256551 - 04/05/06 02:19 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06

Hey, I'm an IBS-C, too, and I'm very unstable right now. I was wondering what website you were talking about in one of your posts. It talked about "Elaine Gottschall's Breaking the Vicious Cycle". I wanted to see how that diet differs from Heather's diet. I would GREATLY appreciate it!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Edited by Life.Is.Random (04/05/06 04:59 PM)

#256553 - 04/05/06 02:28 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06

I'm a C, too. I have been for the past 1 1/2 years.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#256620 - 04/05/06 07:48 PM
KimS

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Angelo, TX

I am IBS-C. I just found this website and am so happy! I am trying to change my diet to see if I can help my symptoms. Any info you all can pass my way is appreciated!

Thanks so much! Kim

#256774 - 04/06/06 01:31 PM
maia

Reged: 10/15/05
Loc: Kaua'i, Hawai'i

I have IBS-C. I've had it really all my life, but right now I am in a bad period of about 8 months now!

--------------------
Maia Nartoomid
IBS-C, spastic gas
Kaua'i, Hawai'i

#256777 - 04/06/06 01:59 PM
anne354

Reged: 02/13/03

I am IBS-C, also. Last few months have been okay, thank God. Have a good week, everyone...

#279820 - 08/24/06 11:34 AM
Ravyn

Reged: 02/06/06
Loc: New Jersey

Guilty as charged. I'm actually experiencing some slight C right now, and was just searching for info on MOM when I came across this. I know it's old, but what the heck!

--------------------
IBS-C

#280459 - 08/30/06 07:19 PM
StephanieF

Reged: 09/29/05

Count me in! Had IBS C for years and so frustrating! I'm 60...can't believe it. I'm older than most of you and have daughters some of your ages but we are all in the same boat! I'm still experimenting to see what gives the best relief without causing more pain and gas so will let you know what I discover....

NEW TO IBS Re: Calling All IBS-C People new
      #281093 - 09/06/06 07:15 PM

Unregistered

I am 18 and have been diagnosed when i was 18 after i had bad constipation for a couple monthes then symptoms changed and i got spasms and felt how foods affected me. anyone similar?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 382 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 200788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review