Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sucralose
      #83047 - 06/25/04 06:53 AM
JillSklar

Reged: 06/03/03
Loc: Michigan

Heather,
I know that some sugar substitutes are not agreeable to the GI tract, sorbitol being a biggie. But I was wondering if you have any information on sucralose, brand name Splenda. My husband, of whose GI system I am entirely jealous, has started on the Atkins on the advise of his physician, believe it or not. And the Splenda is just sitting in our pantry. I was wondering if it would kill me to try it.
Jill

--------------------
Author of The First Year: Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis and Eating for Acid Reflux

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sucralose new
      #83334 - 06/25/04 06:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Jill! I haven't heard anything good about it, and have seen reports that it can cause all sorts of GI side effects. What I really don't like is that it's an engineered reverse molecule of sugar - I do not trust foods that don't occur in nature and have to be made in a lab. I haven't actually tried it myself.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1904 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 303

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review