All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Citrucel, Equalactin or Metamucil=Help
      #7823 - 04/29/03 11:46 AM
Galwae

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed. I was taking Equalactin for a few weeks but noticed I was having a hard time breathing, so then I started taking 2 Citrucel tablets in the morning and after a few weeks, noticed my breathing was/is strained with it too. I know it has to be the fiber supplements because I work out regularly and just had a complete physical a month ago. I've avoided the Metamucil because I understand it causes gas and I don't need any help in that department. I'm feeling like I don't know what else to try at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions? Other than not being able to breathe I've been feeling better tummy wise and I'd like to continue.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Citrucel, Equalactin or Metamucil=Help new
      #7825 - 04/29/03 11:50 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

You could try flax seed ( ground) for a fiber supplement. It is very natural; should have NO side effects. In fact, it will increase your EFA intake ( good fats!) You can buy ground flax at better supermarkets or health food stores. Or you can buy just the seeds and grind your own. This is better as you get a fresh batch each time. I eat it 2x times a day. You can put it on anything, or in anything, and it adds a "nutty" flavor. Very yummy! Hope that helps!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Re: Citrucel, Equalactin or Metamucil=Help new
      #7830 - 04/29/03 12:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Have you tried a powder supplement instead of the pills? Benefiber is just guar gum, nothing added. You could also go ahead and try Metamucil for a few days and see how you do. It doesn't cause gas or bloating for everyone, just some folks.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4362 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review