All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Glucosamine Chondroitin
      #77218 - 06/08/04 02:17 PM
roanra

Reged: 03/19/03

Well I did it again! I have been having joint problems with hands, knees etc. so Dr. told me to take Glucosamine with Chondroitin. He knows I have IBS and didn't think it should bother me at all. I took 1 at dinnertime and another at breakfast. Now I have full IBS symptoms and am miserable. I'm in the "I don't know what to eat or drink" stage of feeling the terrible bloat,pressure and yuckey stomach syndrome. I guess I will have to just wait it out. Has anyone taken this medication?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've actually taken this without any problems... new
      #77219 - 06/08/04 02:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'd check the ingredient list for fillers that could have set you off (things like lactose, artificial sweeteners, etc.). Did you take it on a full stomach?

Get yourself stable again, and then maybe try it once more to see if it was just a coincidence. This stuff really can help with joint pain - it would be great if you can find a version or way to take it without affecting your IBS.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I've actually taken this without any problems... new
      #77220 - 06/08/04 02:21 PM
roanra

Reged: 03/19/03

Haave you taken Gllucosamine by itself or with the Chondroitin? I thought maybe it was the latter?

It was both together - but actually, this is a good thought. new
      #77225 - 06/08/04 02:24 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You could try just the one and see if you tolerate that better.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Glucosamine Chondroitin new
      #77251 - 06/08/04 03:37 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Hi, My mom takes glucosamine (1 a day) and she has IBS and it hasn't seemed to bother her. I also have IBS and i take it every once in a while when i remember (whoops) and it hasn't seemed to bother me. I've never taken it with the chondroitin before tho. Good luck! I'd say try it again just in case it was a coincedence that u got sick right after starting it. Julie

Re: Glucosamine Chondroitin new
      #77337 - 06/08/04 06:21 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

My doctor says it's no better than a placebo. He's one of the top orthopedic surgeons in NYC and has won all kinds of awards. My husband on the other hand swears by it, but doesn't have IBS.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2944 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1344

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review